Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th July 2018, 11:45   #11
steady eddie
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer / bmw e90 320d

Hi' Mat glad to hear everything is okay couldn't figure out what had gone wrong,fingers crossed for delivery today .
Many thanks.
Ed.
Old 11th July 2018, 08:04   #12
steady eddie
Loves to post

rover 75 tourer / bmw e90 320d

My wife is collecting the parts from the courier today.😁
Old 11th July 2018, 21:07   #13
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Lucky you.......

1) I'm 13 days in and still waiting for my order.

2) Had two enquiry Emails ignored with no response

3) Read some nonsense on here about pick up points and power cuts ( what is this MI5? )

4) Read some more nonsense about transferring of Emails between one Email address and another one...Little tip here .... just use one Email.

5) Finally recieved a response after another poster queried non receipt of order through this thread and promised that my order had been resent on the spot.

Still waiting.

6) Commented on the lack of a contact phone number in order to query order, non arrivals and perhaps other general matters and was told that a phone number was not provided because the trader is always in the car and won't have access to tracking numbers etc.

Quite what thats got to do with answering a phone to a customer, taking stock of the query or details in order to either answer the query or to tell the caller "I'm on it and will get back to you as soon as I've checked out whats going on" I've no idea at all.

Presumably the seller won't speak to anybody unless he's got full immediate acess to tracking numbers and info. Whats that about? Not someone to get into a chat in a pub with then? Must be very boring topics of conversation I'd imagine just chatting about postal tracking numbers

Large companies increasingly make it as hard as possible for customers to track down a phone number for them because they really don't want to talk to customers. I would have thought that a smaller outfit would be desperate to speak to their customers in order to priovide a tidy service

Being self employed myself for many years I am always at the end of my phone to take work orders, handle queries and sort out the odd problem that have occurred and generally liase with customers on any number of work related topics.

Customers really shouldn't have to start a thread on a forum in order to raise a response from a seller as the original poster had to... quickly followed by myself.

Power cuts to pick up points, I.T. problems between different addresses stopping Emails being answered. No contact phone details.

It's quite simple, it's a handful of undertray clips and screws, put them in a padded envelope and send them out first class, it isn't really that difficult.

Especially after letting down what appears to be a number of customers.... a next day delivery post wouldn't really be all that extravagent to reinstall goodwill after 12 -13 days either would it?

A handful of of screws and clips aren't the end of the world to me but the above load of nonsense doesn't fill me with any confidence in regards to any future business.

Last edited by bendrick; 11th July 2018 at 21:14..
Old 11th July 2018, 23:31   #14
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
A handful of of screws and clips aren't the end of the world to me but the above load of nonsense doesn't fill me with any confidence in regards to any future business.
It's only nonsense because you're angry, actually it makes perfect sense.

Bit of an excessive battering you've just handed out.

He's a sole trader. He's been let down by a courier. You've obviously never run your own website or you'd understand he is only using one email. The phone thing is clever. If he advertised a number he'd spend half the day triaging faults on potential customer's cars. This way, he sells them the parts they know they need and nothing more. Small gestures of goodwill add up and make for failed businesses.

Bet your fittings arrive tomorrow.
Old 11th July 2018, 23:54   #15
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Small gestures of goodwill add up and make for failed businesses.

Are you serious?

You've obviously never run your own website or you'd understand he is only using one email

I've run several What are you talking about? Just put one Email address on your website and use it for your business.

Couriers? For a handful of screws and clips?

The phone thing is clever?

Having to gain a response on a forum because no phone number is provided..... clever?

Spending half a day talking to potential and current customers?

Heaven forbid that a business big or small has to actually talk to customers.

Last edited by bendrick; 12th July 2018 at 00:00..
Old 12th July 2018, 20:15   #16
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
It's only nonsense because you're angry, actually it makes perfect sense.

Bit of an excessive battering you've just handed out.

He's a sole trader. He's been let down by a courier. You've obviously never run your own website or you'd understand he is only using one email. The phone thing is clever. If he advertised a number he'd spend half the day triaging faults on potential customer's cars. This way, he sells them the parts they know they need and nothing more. Small gestures of goodwill add up and make for failed businesses.

Bet your fittings arrive tomorrow.

Fair play mate you were bang on with your assessment of DMGRS pulling out all the stops to get my order to me after 14 days now, following the bizarre explanation for non delivery prompted by the outing on this forum by at least two customers.

All arrived safe and sound today,........ you appear to be a really good judge of character and of how to run a successful business.

Nooooooooooo!...............

Bit of a typo, I actually meant to write........... I'm into my third week now of my order not arriving, one can only presume National Grid have still got the power cut off to some mysterious drop off box ( whatever that is ) Internet must be cut off as well as I haven't heard a word of explanation on the latest no show off the supplier email wise, and of course the infamous no-phone hasn't been used to call to apologise or report on progress either because it doesn't exist.

Do you have any more predictions that you can raise my hopes with? ( hopefully a touch more accurate than your last one )

It might not be the biggest order in the world but I suppose I'm old school, I still expect receive stuff that I pay for. It's a mad concept i know but that's me I'm afraid.

Good job I wasn't desperately relying on an item that was keeping my car off the road eh? Anxiously looking up the road for the postie each morning hoping against hope that toaday's the day I get my car back on the road.
Old 12th July 2018, 21:11   #17
75c
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Do you have any more predictions that you can raise my hopes with? ( hopefully a touch more accurate than your last one )
It wasn't a predicition, it was a bet, if you doubted it you should have taken me up on it. I'll go you a tenner on them arriving tomorrow if you want to.

It isn't me you're angry with, I just gave you an opinion. When you post on a message board you're inviting opinion, if you only want to hear from people who agree with what you've written then add a PS to the end of your post.

I sympathise with you, what you're going through is infuriating, and not good enough. Your experience isn't typical. That's no consolation to you, and it doesn't make it any less annoying for you, but that's a bloke, and his business, and unless you really believe you've been lied to or had your money nicked then maybe just read back the strength of your post and consider if you, as a normally calm and reasonable man, think it's over the top or not.

If you really want a prediction, I'll give you one I'm medically qualified to give, letting stuff like this get you this wound up wont make your bolts arrive quicker, but it will shorten your life.

I hope you get your bolts tomorrow
Old 12th July 2018, 21:23   #18
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75c View Post
It wasn't a predicition, it was a bet, if you doubted it you should have taken me up on it. I'll go you a tenner on them arriving tomorrow if you want to.

It isn't me you're angry with, I just gave you an opinion. When you post on a message board you're inviting opinion, if you only want to hear from people who agree with what you've written then add a PS to the end of your post.

I sympathise with you, what you're going through is infuriating, and not good enough. Your experience isn't typical. That's no consolation to you, and it doesn't make it any less annoying for you, but that's a bloke, and his business, and unless you really believe you've been lied to or had your money nicked then maybe just read back the strength of your post and consider if you, as a normally calm and reasonable man, think it's over the top or not.

If you really want a prediction, I'll give you one I'm medically qualified to give, letting stuff like this get you this wound up wont make your bolts arrive quicker, but it will shorten your life.

I hope you get your bolts tomorrow

Thank you for your polite reply.

To be honest I've lost all interest in the clips and screws now, just increasingly annoyed about extremely poor service from so many places these days. It's the polar opposite from the customer service that I've always provided even taking the odd financial hit on the chin in order to be fair to the customer if the situation arose.

I would have been extremely miffed however as mentioned if I was waiting for a part that was keeping my car off the road as it is my only means of transport. I just don't like pathetic insult to the intelligence excuses to be honest and lack of courtesy, communication wise by a supplier not bothering to keep a customer informed, whether it be for a £10 part or a £500 part.

Last edited by bendrick; 12th July 2018 at 21:27..
Old 13th July 2018, 10:33   #19
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

The problem is (and always will be) use a cheap courier and expect problems. Personally I would prefer to pay the extra and not let customers down consistently.
Old 13th July 2018, 11:15   #20
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

I ran a small mail order business myself back in the nineties when Royal Mail and Parcel Force were the main players.

I was genuinely surprised at the number of items that went astray or arrived damaged, only a very small percentage of the total admittedly, but I hadn't realised until, sending out larger volumes of goods rather than my previous normal domestic mail that so many items would not arrive as desired.

However the difference between myself and this instance appears to be that I provided a customer phone number which was always answered by myself and if I recieved a query off a customer I would be down the Post Office within 20 minutes sending out a replacement first class post and took up chasing up Parcel Force myself with the aid of my receipt and proof of posting rather than relaying a myriad of bizarre excuses to the customer.

At the risk of portraying myself unjustifiably as Mr Perfect or the Peoples Champion.

I expect similar service of other suppliers and sellers.

Unanswered Emails, no phone number and only being able to raise a response by a public shaming on a public forum I wouldn't have thought is indicative of a well run business focussed on customer service.

Nonsense about power cuts, Email IT problems all wrapped up together as some sort of excuse when a response is only finally gained through public shaming doesn't really impress me personally.

Surely if power cuts had affected delivery times the very next priority of most people would be to contact those whose orders were affected to inform them out of courtesy that there would be a slight delay in fulfilling the orders because of this? No problem really in doing that it's basic good manners. This isn't startling revolutionary stuff I would previously thought it would be an automatic course of events carried out by most people, obviously not in this sellers case.

As opposed to what appears to be a shrug of the shoulders and an 'Oh well there we go' approach. Especially so when claiming that there are also problems with Email receipt. How exactly are customers supposed to contact the seller if there is no phone number and he knows that customer Emails requesting information are going missing as claimed?

Last edited by bendrick; 13th July 2018 at 11:26..
Closed Thread