Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd December 2020, 02:22   #1
Mogmike
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Default 2004 new shape 1.8 headlamp connector removal

Hi.. This is a silly one I know but could anyone advise how to disconnect the wiring plug on the back of the main outer bulb. I don't want to break it.. I've tried pulling it straight towards the back of the car and it seems to be sprung as there is a little movement that pulls back when released.. Have also tried twisting it.. Is there a clip or clamping mechanism..?
Mogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:02   #2
UpWeardale

Rover 75 saloon

On mine I left it all plugged in, twisted the plug half a turn anticlockwise and then I could pull it all out from the headlight unit. The plug was just pushed on to the bulb. Going through the wheel arch hatch helped - full steering lock was enough to provide access. No need to take the wheel off.
UpWeardale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:56   #3
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The facelift headlamps use bayonet connectors. Here's the outer/dipped beam bulb holder. The bulb comes out with the connector attached.

Give the holder a firm quarter turn anticlockwise to remove. They can be very tight.

T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 00:51   #4
Mogmike
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Apologies for the delay in updating but with Christmas and having to work outside I have not been incentivised to play with the car much.. Many thanks upweardale and as ever TCut.. Both concur and most helpful especially the pic TC..
I gave it a go this afternoon and still no joy so I've left the car on full lock.. (thanks for the tip Upweardale) and sprayed WD40 on the sides as shown in TC's pic.. Will get back on it tomorrow.. So annoying but it is possible it's been fixed in for 16 years.. I have also been trying to sort my brake problem out which is taking precedent at the mo... Many thanks for the advice again.. Very much appreciated..👍👍
Mogmike is offline   Reply With Quote