Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2012, 20:36   #1
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Default Why is no one interested!??

I have my MG TF for sale, its on autotrader, pistonheads, gumtree and ebay, and not one note of interest. I had it valued, and put it in under its value with all the relevant info, including the MLS gasket fitted just last year, what more can i do!??

I just want it sold so i can spend some money on the 75.....
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 20:38   #2
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

A season dependent car, you might have another month to wait until the market picks up a bit. Do you have a link for the advert?
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 20:43   #3
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/10?logcode=p

the only thing i can think of, is that i was honest enough to post photos of the rust bubbles, but i was expecting someone to come see and then drop the price accordingly if it was a big problem, but it goes down as £50 according to the valuation site. Wondering if the short MOT is putting people off, is it worth waiting a few months to get it renewed? I would but its costing me so much in insurance etc I will lose more money!
Old 19th March 2012, 20:58   #4
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/10?logcode=p

the only thing i can think of, is that i was honest enough to post photos of the rust bubbles, but i was expecting someone to come see and then drop the price accordingly if it was a big problem, but it goes down as £50 according to the valuation site. Wondering if the short MOT is putting people off, is it worth waiting a few months to get it renewed? I would but its costing me so much in insurance etc I will lose more money!

The car looks really nice Alan, but a couple of things would improve the advert in my opinion.

I notice you have no interior pictures, I would add some as people may think your interior is tatty because you have no pictures of it.

I would also not dedicate two of your pictures to the rust bubbles on the front wing. It may be worth touching them in and then

2 Door Convertible, Silver, Petrol, Manual, Height adjustable drivers seat,
PAS, Front electric windows, Front head restraints, Sports seats, Front fog lights. Car had been my daily driver, have service history since i bought it over 2 years ago. Including Hardtop in sale, Head Gasket replaced last year with MLS version. No silly offfers please. Small paint bubbling on wing as shown in photo, apart from that shes a clean car. Alacantra interior, Alloy Wheels 16 inch 11 spokes. Alarm/immobiliser, spare wheel (spacesaver) MOT June 2012 Tax May 2012. £2,395

Maybe something like this...

2 Door Convertible, Silver, Petrol, Manual, Height adjustable drivers seat.
Special Edition Sunstorm model, finished in Metallic Starlight Silver, with a removable body coloured hard top and 16” 11 Spoke Alloy Wheels. Electric Windows, PAS, Alcantara and Leather Sports Seats, Front Fog lights, Alarm / immobiliser, Space Saver spare Wheel. Service History including the all important Head Gasket change (for the upgraded MLS type). MOT Until June 2012, tax until May 2012. £2,395

I hope this helps?
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 20:59   #5
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

As the woving Wabbit said, sports cars start to sell with the onset of summer, and die the death in October... You just have to wait...

A pic of the car with the roof off would help..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 21:06   #6
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Thanks for the advice guys, i think the other adverts i have, have pics with the roof off, and i shall get some interior pics taken tomorrow. Also thanks for the wording Advice Rabett will get it updated with the photos.
Old 19th March 2012, 21:09   #7
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Nice car but sales of the f and tf are slow this time of year. You're not asking unrealistic money. I would suggest waiting a couple of months if you can. I would also suggest selling the hard top separately as you could get £300 odd for that.

The tf is normally not bad for rust. (except paint under wheel arches) so that would put me off. Spend a couple of quid and get the rust sorted.

Also does yours have remote ceNtral locking as the 1.6 never came standard with it and it may also be a selling point

Last edited by Departed 32016; 19th March 2012 at 21:12..
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 21:11   #8
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

I had the hardtop up separately but no interest, wrong time of year, but i am thinking of just taking it off and waiting till the end of year to sell it. I would hold on to it for a few months but its costing me money, and i dont have a drive or garage so also annoying the neighbours lol, just want it to go!
Old 19th March 2012, 21:27   #9
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

if it helps mine is also a 2004 135 Spark ( limited edition ) with only 25,000 genuine miles, and 2 lady owners from new ( swmbos car ), I was offered £2,000 for it last year, so i never sold it, wait until the warm weather, get the top off and try again or you will have to let a good car go under its value

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 00:26   #10
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

I'm afraid to say it's probably the price. In my experience you have to pretty much ignore the valuation sites and just go on what they are actually selling for. Look on Autotrader for the cheapest comparable ones and also on ebay for completed sales of similar ones and you'll get a feel for the price.
Given the rust and short MOT I doubt you would get over £2k for yours. If would certainly be worth sticking 12 months MOT on it, especially if you're confident it will pass without too many problems and in addition if you can find a cheap paint man it would probably pay to get the rust bubbles sorted out.

Cars are cheap now, good news when you're buying but always a little depressing when selling!