Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th April 2024, 11:28   #1
White Gold 75

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Headunit/stereo upgrade

Hello!
6 months of 75 ownership has left me a very happy man, car has been flawless. However one thing would make my life complete: a banging stereo for me tunez. However I’ve tried twice and can’t find a decent Headunit compatible with the old lass. I’m really not technical about this kind of stuff and was wondering if anyone could recommend any compatible Headunits (Bluetooth) that are reasonably priced as I’m a broke student.
(She’s a 2003 Connie btw if that makes any difference)
Thanks very much for any replies and wishing everyone a great Monday!
White Gold 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 11:40   #2
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

If you do a google search for "BMW E46 head unit" that should throw you up lots of options. Buy cheap and expect to get what you pay for but there are plenty of options.
If you go for one of those then you will need to snip the 2 plastic ears off but everything else should be reasonably plug and play with the exception of needing to connect the 2 SWC wires if you want those working.
I had an Xtrons Android unit that lasted me 5 years or so until it started behaving a lttle oddly but sounded great and have recently replaced it with a cheaper, approx £200, Chinese unit which with a little tweaking sounds quite presentable.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 11:52   #3
White Gold 75

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
If you do a google search for "BMW E46 head unit" that should throw you up lots of options. Buy cheap and expect to get what you pay for but there are plenty of options.
If you go for one of those then you will need to snip the 2 plastic ears off but everything else should be reasonably plug and play with the exception of needing to connect the 2 SWC wires if you want those working.
I had an Xtrons Android unit that lasted me 5 years or so until it started behaving a lttle oddly but sounded great and have recently replaced it with a cheaper, approx £200, Chinese unit which with a little tweaking sounds quite presentable.
E46! That’s great thank you very much for your help!
White Gold 75 is offline   Reply With Quote