Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th August 2009, 22:04   #81
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Good point Rabbett, I would like to see shots of this ongoing restoration programme tio S542 AOX mate.

MG.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:54   #82
the waggon and horses
Regular poster

rover 75 S542AOX

really happy to keep you up to date on restoration progress....
so far.. given it a damn good clean,nearly got rid of the smoker smell could do with another clean to finally banish the smell once and for all, bought new mat set,break pads,power steering fluid,and given the leather a really good clean and feed.The rear seats had what appeared to be tar all over them! now all but removed.
Going to get a price on rust work to passenger sill..right in the middle of each door opening is a nasty looking bubble of rust that runs down to the bottom of the sill,other than that there is just the odd spot that i will have done at the same time(some nasty little stone chips and dings).
The 'S' plate will also be returned as soon as i receive the log book back from DVLA.Other than that i haven't found any major problems...touch wood, but its early days.I will post some pix this week.
Old 20th August 2009, 08:08   #83
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by the waggon and horses View Post
really happy to keep you up to date on restoration progress....
so far.. given it a damn good clean,nearly got rid of the smoker smell could do with another clean to finally banish the smell once and for all, bought new mat set,break pads,power steering fluid,and given the leather a really good clean and feed.The rear seats had what appeared to be tar all over them! now all but removed.
Going to get a price on rust work to passenger sill..right in the middle of each door opening is a nasty looking bubble of rust that runs down to the bottom of the sill,other than that there is just the odd spot that i will have done at the same time(some nasty little stone chips and dings).
The 'S' plate will also be returned as soon as i receive the log book back from DVLA.Other than that i haven't found any major problems...touch wood, but its early days.I will post some pix this week.
that is great news! Let us know if you need any help looking for any parts.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:06   #84
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Top notch Wagon and horses. Please place pictures with your new s plates on her mate.

I really look forward to seeing them while she is the oldest car in the club currently.

MG.
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:35   #85
the waggon and horses
Regular poster

rover 75 S542AOX

I hope to have the s plate ready to put on the car by the 26th sept when i have arrange a small meet here at the Waggon.

car seems to be looseing its power steering fluid..just a pipe replacement i think, a well eraned oil change tomorrow along with pollon and air filters.

need to find replacement door locking buttons for rear door and new external temp sensor...if anybody can help?
Old 24th August 2009, 21:53   #86
martin green
Posted a thing or two

Top stuff wagon and horses, I think SMC TRADING for your parts may be the best bet. If not any rover dealer that still does Rovers.

Keep us informed mate.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:35   #87
the waggon and horses
Regular poster

rover 75 S542AOX

well its a been a little while since i had anything to report as its been a busy end of summer
.But some progress has been made;
i have had the rust problem in the door shuts running down to the sills in both doors of the passenger side,also have had the arch done on the same side.The external temp guage now works as do the rear door locking buttons.Karmon Hardon speakers to be fitted this week.Th eS plate should be ready to be replace this week too....something im looking forward to very much...i have also decided to have the car resprayed next year (same colour) as there are just too many small areas to make it worth while doing bit by bit.
not tackled the sat-nav yet so thats still not working...but im toying with the idea of replacing it with a more up to date version (the only thing stopping me is moving away from the original)...thoughts?
Old 21st September 2009, 18:46   #88
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
well its a been a little while since i had anything to report as its been a busy end of summer
.But some progress has been made;
i have had the rust problem in the door shuts running down to the sills in both doors of the passenger side,also have had the arch done on the same side.The external temp guage now works as do the rear door locking buttons.Karmon Hardon speakers to be fitted this week.Th eS plate should be ready to be replace this week too....something im looking forward to very much...i have also decided to have the car resprayed next year (same colour) as there are just too many small areas to make it worth while doing bit by bit.
not tackled the sat-nav yet so thats still not working...but im toying with the idea of replacing it with a more up to date version (the only thing stopping me is moving away from the original)...thoughts?
Thought about getting even more bits for mine, and changing back some of the things that have been done to it...... decided to keep it as it is ..... but in A1 condition.

I have done the same thing with the Volvo 144 from 1967 that I´ve got, it has a few bumps but I have the total history so it stopped in time in 1989 (when I bought it). Now I´m glad I didn´t hang all the -bits- on it. It´s unique! No external mirrors (they were extras 1967) no radio (the radio -blank- is still there) and thus no areal! Original paintwork. Going to do the same with chassi nr 1149 even though I think it´s had a bash or something at the back at some stage. Car history!! Alan
Old 21st September 2009, 18:53   #89
the waggon and horses
Regular poster

rover 75 S542AOX

i like the idea of being a pureist but cant resist a gadget!
Old 21st September 2009, 18:57   #90
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
i like the idea of being a pureist but cant resist a gadget!
Know what you mean. I´ve got most of the extras for the Volvo... but seperate. I think it´s the only one in the basic spec left (apart from the one in Volvos museum in Gothenburg - and that´s an S)
Closed Thread