Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th September 2013, 06:09   #1
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Default Shopping "overseas" - What are the "toll/VAT" free limit in your country?

Hi all,

When shopping parts over the internet from a foreign country, I always have to pay Norwegian VAT + handling fee/toll charges based on the comercial value on the shippment. This only applies to shippments that have a comercial value above 200NOK (approx £21). Packages with a comercial value below £21 do not have any additional costs for me.

Just out of courosity, what are the rules/limits for your country when internet shopping abroad?
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2013, 16:41   #2
peelaaa
Posted a thing or two

75 cdti 2004 contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
Hi all,

When shopping parts over the internet from a foreign country, I always have to pay Norwegian VAT + handling fee/toll charges based on the comercial value on the shippment. This only applies to shippments that have a comercial value above 200NOK (approx £21). Packages with a comercial value below £21 do not have any additional costs for me.

Just out of courosity, what are the rules/limits for your country when internet shopping abroad?
Pay local vat rate but nothing else, just shipping charges within the EU.
peelaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2013, 05:40   #3
everard600

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi,

In Australia we only pay local VAT (called GST here) on imported goods that have a value greater than AUD1000. It's quite beneficial for us to buy goods from the UK (i.e. from Rimmer Bros) where they drop the local VAT from the price and we don't have to add any local taxes unless it's worth more than a $1000. The downside of course is the postage cost.

Cheers, Craig
everard600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 05:31   #4
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by everard600 View Post
Hi,

In Australia we only pay local VAT (called GST here) on imported goods that have a value greater than AUD1000. It's quite beneficial for us to buy goods from the UK (i.e. from Rimmer Bros) where they drop the local VAT from the price and we don't have to add any local taxes unless it's worth more than a $1000. The downside of course is the postage cost.

Cheers, Craig
VAT free limit at 1000$ seems very nice... thats a lot more resonable than ours £21 VAT free limit..... :S The Norwegian goverment sat this limit in 1974, and it has been unchanged since then....
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote