Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th May 2020, 06:31   #11
mbev51
Banned

Removed

It’s a huge political risk for BoJo, if it backfires on him and we in England have to do a further lockdown, people will loose confidence in the government.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 07:10   #12
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well not too much to figure out; follow guidance, follow logic and safeguard yourself, family and friends. If one then has to doubt the instructions, one should think whether they have a need to do something, or a need to argue.

I've said from day one, "Be wary, be safe", still able to say and do the same.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:44   #13
DRWMGTF
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur, Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
He has opened a legal minefield. If a visitor from England visits Porthcawl Beach in Wales,and he is fined by police,could he appeal that he is not breaking English law.
I think the whole thing is a minefield.
Let's all try and be sensible and stop looking for problems and concentrate on solutions if there are any "Grey" areas.
Stay alert and stay safe.
DRWMGTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:46   #14
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

If you live in Hay on Wye,in some areas of the town, one side of the road is England, the other side is Wales so, depending on what side of the road you live,you follow those rules.

And you thought Boris was confusing

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 08:59   #15
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Just seen a Matt Lucas video taking off BoJo
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 09:10   #16
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

This really seems to be one of those NO WIN situations, Boris was going to be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 09:39   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
This really seems to be one of those NO WIN situations, Boris was going to be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't !
Agreed, they have been asking for him to lay down his plan to get out of lockdown and as soon as he does he is slated. He is asking for us to use out common sense on this. If you don't feel safe stay at home.

Looking at how some have been behaving over the last few bank holidays all he has done is allow this behaviour so the Police can do what they are supposed to doing be rather than driving around parks telling people to go home. If you are stupid enough to be in a park with a load of other people you deserve everything you get, there have been enough warnings on how bad people of all ages are being affected by this terrible virus, why do some think it does not apply to them? Yes I get it some are getting bored but it has only been a few weeks, 80 years ago people had to endure worse for 5 years and they didn't have entertainment, communication and the food we have.

I would not want his job for any amount of money, give the bloke a chance.

The media is not helping any of this, they keep trying to find a bad angle to what ever is happening, there is a lot of good stuff going on and most are doing the best they can with the resources that are available.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 11:48   #18
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Certainly the media are no help, and some now come over as daft as those who might currently fight against the guidance.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2020, 12:02   #19
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Boris also said he had consulted with the other home nations yet they are doing something different to England, presumably consultations didn't go that well !
What do you expect from people like Sturgeon? They don't give a thruppenny bit about anybody except themselves.
Old 11th May 2020, 12:21   #20
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

When deciding who to believe, never mind what, it would help if reports of what the PM said were at least true accounts of what it was he actually said. So far I've heard elsewhere contradictory but 'accurate' versions of the message and wonder how they came to the conclusions they did. Poetic licence is a long way behind.

Er, I hesitate to say this, but it's not just the Media in all its forms that crosses the trust barrier. There is a legitimate published organ that is meretricious, sound, no matter what side you favour with well meant criticism. It is so far being cautiously ignored because it goes against mainstream condemnation of anything coming from government.

It is the Health Service Journal. It has just published a lengthy report, updated from the previous month that contradicts most of the current statements from all sides about PPE and the reporting methods of some assumed bodies of authority from which we get our news.

I won't go into details here, but source it yourself for insider's info on the so-called truth. Or read unarguable detail from Dominic Lawson in The Mail, and please, hopefully we can go easy on the usual partisan scoffing of the source. There are lies, damned lies, and scurrilous lies and somewhere amongst the rubbish there is a glimmer of the acctualitee.