Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th January 2011, 00:48   #1
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Default Question for you all

Just for fun....
If something was to happen to your beloved 75/ZT would you replace it with another of the same or would you change to another make. If so which car would you have.

Paul
Richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 00:49   #2
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Can you tell i am at work now and bored out of my skull
Old 18th January 2011, 00:56   #3
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

While there is still plenty about i would go for another diesel but maybe a ZT-T this time, but probably stick with the 75 and tranship all the good bits of my current one. You thinking of something else to replace once the insurance comes through?
Old 18th January 2011, 00:58   #4
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyboy View Post
While there is still plenty about i would go for another diesel but maybe a ZT-T this time, but probably stick with the 75 and tranship all the good bits of my current one. You thinking of something else to replace once the insurance comes through?
No, i was to begin with but decided to stick with you guys a little longer but getting a 75 instead of the ZT this time.

Paul
Old 18th January 2011, 01:12   #5
Mobeetie
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 SE V8 & Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur

I'd probably change to a ZT, while the 75 rides brilliantly i'd sacrifice some of that for the better handling of the ZT. Currently thinking about changing but only if the very right one comes along. But apart from the 75/ZT, theres no other realistic car i could see being a better replacement for me at the moment.
Mobeetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 01:20   #6
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Some similar discussions (and others) here

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 18th January 2011 at 01:28..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 01:32   #7
Leander
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 02, Connoisseur SE in Royal Blue Pearlescent + XPower Upgrade & Synergy 2

Definitely replace with another 75 Tourer, ideally same spec as my Conny SE, and hopefully with a sunroof again.

The only change I'd make is the colour. I love Royal Blue, but my top pick would be BRG or possibly Arran White - although I still can't decide if the latter looks like a wonderfully shaped piece of wedding cake or not, with all the chrome/silver.

But since a Tourer in that colour is a rarer then hen's teeth it's a dilemma I will probably never have to face.

Last edited by Leander; 18th January 2011 at 11:33..
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 02:51   #8
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy View Post
Just for fun....
If something was to happen to your beloved 75/ZT would you replace it with another of the same or would you change to another make. If so which car would you have.

Paul
Easy, been driving diesel Rovers for nearly 35 years, If you asked me what it is about them since I used to sit drooling over the headmasters Shiny new 3.5 V8 P6 I could not tell you. no matter what I drive, I will have a 75.
Old 18th January 2011, 07:21   #9
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Good question.

I would like to think that I will have a 75 for a good number of years but if/when that day comes
I really don't know, I do like the look of the Volvo S40 but.............
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2011, 07:32   #10
Mintee
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy View Post
I might change. Not because there is anything wrong with the Rover but because our circumstances are different to when I got the car.

I 'discovered' the 75/ZT when I was looking for a 'car with a boot' for my wife. She had a much loved 20 year old Merc 190 that was getting a bit long in the tooth and wanted a slightly larger car. The 75/ZT diesels looked ideal - but she was not keen on the couple of ZT's we saw locally and she carried on with her Merc. A few months later my aged Citreon Xantia sprung a leak from the heater matrix, was dog-eared beyond belief and I found the 75 (pretty cheaply as it goes).

All fine but my wife has now chopped her Merc for a 4 year old Volvo S60 D5 and we don't really need two largish saloon cars. For a laugh I might look longer and harder at Fiat Panda or Renault Kangoo 4x4's, the latest Citroen C5's look cheap already but a Ford C-MAX would probably be the most 'sensible' option. Carry stuff and cheap enough to fix.

But I suspect I'd need to spend @£6k on any of them....maybe a Connoisseur diesel tourer is a much better next car!
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote