Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th January 2011, 15:51   #11
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Paul that's really excellent news, well done you and well done Rias Insurance (or however they are). It just goes to show what hidden benifits there can be by being a member of the club, got to say it's a new one on me, but worth remembering for the future if making a claim.

Maybe if, when you get your new wheels, you fancy stretching the new car's legs why not take a trip down to Calne for the National Meet in March.

I know it's a bit of a trek from Scunthorpe, but others such as actros are coming down from there, and it would be a good excuse to show off your new pride and joy.

Did your old ZT have your window sticker and tax disc holder on it? If so, I'm sure we can sort you out with a replacement in this particular instance...on the house.
I will be attending at least one of the National meets but at this moment not sure how i will be for time. The ZT had the Grille badge and tax disc holder on it but i didnt use the sticker so still have that.
I will be talking to Actros regarding the badge but i would accept your kind offer of the tax disc holder, thank you.
It is strange how they have offered me so much as a settlement as the valuation i gave them when i took out the policy was for £3000. They actually offered me £3260 less £100 excess = £3160 so i am really suprised but very happy with the result.
Regards
Paul
Richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:11   #12
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Well done Richy, and hope you can find a car at least equal to the one you had.
You seem to have a very decent insurance company, and I'm sure they will be receiving some extra business through their very fair treatment of your claim.
All the best in finding a replacement ZT.
Regards,
Telfer.
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:20   #13
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

I have just checked my ins documents and need to clarify something...the broker is Rias but the actual insurance company is Ageas which i assume is part of Rias. The policy is for over 50s so not sure if any of you guys would qualify you all being youngsters

I now have a ZT ZTT owners but which i do not need, if anyone wants one i will send it to them.
Will advertise this in the freebies section.

Paul
Richy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:26   #14
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Good to hear Richie.

Here's a warped thought though.
Wonder if insurance companies would ever "load" the policy of enthusiasts for polishing their pride & joy every week, thus making it even more of a target to thieves
I sincerely hope not !!!

Then you would have to submit the dirtiest photos of your car in the event of a claim

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 16:28   #15
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

What a great and quick result - really delighted for you, Paul.

All the best,

Nicholas
Zircon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 17:51   #16
Eljay55
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Auto Connoisseur se tourer 55 reg in Primer!

Great news Paul and so quick!
See you at the nano in Doncaster in a couple of weeks in your new Tourer.
Graham

mods so far:
Synergy2 and peirberg maf
EGR bypass
Crofts door finishers
Tow bar and twin electrics

Eljay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 19:19   #17
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

That is great news. Normally I have little faith in insurance companies, but that is really excellant service. I will have to check them out for a quote when my renwal comes around in April. I assume tha the premium was competative ?
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 19:49   #18
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

Great news fella, red it is then .

Cheers
Tony
Old 19th January 2011, 20:04   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good news! and something else new learned from the forum.

I concluded with something sad this afternoon. An old Rover 800 dumped along my road, no tax disc and its been there for a few days. Body work looks good.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 20:17   #20
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

There are ways for you to claim that old Rover 800!!!

Quote:

If the car picked up one of those stickers from the Council that said, if it was not removed by a certain date, it would be removed and destroyed.
Then you contact the Council, who allowed you to claim the car when their deadline passed.

If you send off the paperwork requesting issue of a V5, DVLA will write to the current keeper (if any). If they don't respond within (IIRC) 2 weeks then a V5 will be issued to you.

This will make you the registered keeper (with all the associated legal responsibilities), but not the owner.

If you appropriate the vehicle - ie move it, start driving it - basically exercise any property rights over it, but do so honestly, it will not be theft. The Theft Act 1968 specifically states that you are not in law dishonest if you:
honestly believe you have a legal right to, or
believe the owner would consent if they knew of your appropriation and its circumstances, or
believe the owner cannot be found by taking reasonable steps.

Making all reasonable enquiries to locate the owner and get their permission would therefore stop you from being guilty of theft. DVLA will sell you the current keeper details, for a lawful purpose - you can download the paperwork off their website.

This is NOT the same as making you the owner. Very little in English law will transfer genuine title away from a previous owner without their consent. Which means that if someone does turn up in future, claiming to be the owner at the time you took the abandoned car, chances are you will have to return it to them, despite any money you may have spent on it, so be warned...
Its a great result for you Richard, proof that paperwork and persistance gets you what you want now days!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote