Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2011, 14:03   #1
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Thumbs down Multiple Logins

As part of our duties as moderators, we are charged with upholding the clubs rules and regulations as laid out for all to see in the FAQ section of the forum here:

Forum Rules

Specifically item 12 is one we take a particularly dim view of when it is transgressed

12. Multiple logins are not allowed, ALL accounts which prove to be multiple accounts will be removed including the original account.

Today Raistlin furnished us with the final piece of evidence we needed to confirm his guilt in this matter.

In the interests of openness and honesty, which is a cause the member in question has championed long and hard for on many occasions here, I will share with you all what has been discovered.

Stemming back to June 30th a new member called Siegfried joined the club, nothing untoward there, indeed he even put down Raistlin as his referrer, one would think a member that would be 'sound as a pound' therefore.

However, whilst doing the many routine daily checks required of us, it very soon came to light that Siegfried and Raistlin both shared matching IP addresses on many occasions, a cause for concern especially when both came from a home rather than business location as was Siegfried’s original registration IP address.

Indeed on one evening on Sunday 26th September last year it was observed that both accounts were active within a very short space of time of each other, from the same computer.

Looking further into this, of the 12 posts made by Siegfried to date, several have appeared to challenge with vigor

Post #23

and subsequently

Post #26

Strong words from such a new member to the community it would seem.

Then 2 nights ago on the current thread of contention, after a posting gap of over 3 months, Siegfried returns, with an immediate retort from Raistlin to follow just 5 minutes later backing up his comment

Post #9

This is all reproduced here as background information to show how, for some time, suspicions were present in our minds of the potential duality of these two accounts.

Then this morning at 09:38 in response to a direct question posed to Raistlin by another member in this thread

You be the Judge

Siegfried replied in the first person as Raistlin would have.

See below for a screen grab specifically post # 8

Clearly on seeing the error of replying as Raistlin, but still being logged in as Siegfried, he quickly went back and edited his post to read...."mods please delete"

See exhibit B:

This did however all happen in plain sight of both myself and Dragrad, as well as another subscribed member who was viewing the post at the time.

We will not tolerate multiple logins, and when found, are acted upon swiftly. Back in July last year Rabett Rover was also found to have set up a duplicate account, and although both accounts should have been suspended at that time, because A) Lewis had freely admitted to it's existence, B) he had not used it to post as yet, and certainly not any posts that would support his original account's views, & C) with respect to Lewis, he is of junior years, and we all learn by experience.

But it is clear on all of these counts that Raistlin is neither of the above.

For someone who in his daily life strives to uphold what it is right and just, to be discovered not acting on an even playing field, I find deeply disturbing and wrong.

Both accounts have now been closed, and permanent bans served.

Be warned, if and when multiple logins are discovered, they will be dealt with in the strongest possible terms.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:14   #2
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Angry

Paul that is unbelievable and dishonest and him being a magistrate as well makes one think
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 20th January 2011, 14:20   #3
Paulifa1
Loves to post

75 launch car

Tut, tut,... and a magistrate as well, how are we supposed to respect the justice system eh??
Old 20th January 2011, 14:22   #4
m0sko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 / BMW 123d coupe

I don't quite understand why someone with five years club history and 8.5k posts on his account would do such thing? Did anyone from the Club try to contact him and ask about it?

adam
Old 20th January 2011, 14:28   #5
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Before everyone gives Paul a verbal kicking may I be the first to say he has made valuable contributions to the club, with both his legal abilities and for what he has done for members.

His aptitude with the electronics of our cars meant he was the main instigator of the 'Ultimate Remote Mod', for those of you that don't know what this is please take a moment to search it. His skill also helped member Martin75, as he installed a floor mounted headlamp dimming switch. Martin for those of you that don't know suffers with a disability that means he struggles to use the hand controls on the stalk.

Paul's legal mind has also helped countless members (myself included), and has helped may people to save money from potential legal issues.

So before this thread gets filled up with 5 pages saying how bad Paul was. Think for a minute about all the good he did.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:28   #6
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Kinda makes me feel pretty bad now
Old 20th January 2011, 14:34   #7
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
Before everyone gives Paul a verbal kicking may I be the first to say he has made valuable contributions to the club, with both his legal abilities and for what he has done for members.

His aptitude with the electronics of our cars meant he was the main instigator of the 'Ultimate Remote Mod', for those of you that don't know what this is please take a moment to search it. His skill also helped member Martin75, as he installed a floor mounted headlamp dimming switch. Martin for those of you that don't know suffers with a disability that means he struggles to use the hand controls on the stalk.

Paul's legal mind has also helped countless members (myself included), and has helped may people to save money from potential legal issues.

So before this thread gets filled up with 5 pages saying how bad Paul was. Think for a minute about all the good he did.
I concour. But then, if you don't play by the rules, you get the punishment. He should have known that.

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20th January 2011, 14:36   #8
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOkIeMoNsTeR View Post
I concour. But then, if you don't play by the rules, you get the punishment. He should have known that.
True, my point being though this doesn't need to turn into a thread where many people happy to take Paul's advice then stick a metaphorical knife in his back.
Old 20th January 2011, 14:38   #9
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

I agree, Reebs OP was to inform us of the desision, not an open back stabbing thread.

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20th January 2011, 14:39   #10
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOkIeMoNsTeR View Post
I agree, Reebs OP was to inform us of the desision, not an open back stabbing thread.
True, defo ect
Closed Thread