Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2011, 23:09   #101
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya.... Although i am sure that your words and sentiments are well mean..... Wouldn't be the first time that i had been refered to as a dog.... Sooooo, maybe it is my calling. LMSO. Poppy

Careful Poppy, you'll be giving the members palpitations...
Old 20th January 2011, 23:10   #102
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGUNS View Post
It was a product of it's time Poppy, it has now descended to the preserve of the double digit IQ and revolves around the kind of wit and humour that young boys grow out of as they approach their teens.

It truly is imbecility and banality defined.
I resemble that remark !!!!!!

There are lots of things like that on the market, kids books, games etc.
Do you have to try them all as well and then make the same judgements ???
Just don't look at what you don't like and then you needn't try to stop other people having a bit of a laugh.

Colvert.
Old 20th January 2011, 23:11   #103
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

[QUOTE=Click4;655926]......[/QUOTE

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek What have io just landed in.???grrrr. lol Poppy]
Old 20th January 2011, 23:14   #104
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

[QUOTE=Poppy;655929]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click4 View Post
......[/QUOTE

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek What have io just landed in.???grrrr. lol Poppy]

Don't walk--------RUN out of here; NOW !!!!
Old 20th January 2011, 23:14   #105
navrac
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer Conn SE CDTI facelift

I think everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath and look at the situation as a whole.

I've run BB's since they were dial up in the days when the internet didn't exist -these problems have always occurred and will always occur.

There are different approaches to running a forum - either an individual or small group running it or a limited company, which in this day an age is a sensible precaution.

In the 'old' days you just banned a member if you didn't like what they had to say and closed any threads that commented on the fact - simple if it was your forum and you hosted it.

This club was set up by a group of individuals who took the route of running it as a limited company - but in essence they started it and trust me it's hard to take criticism from people who you feel don't put the work in or don't understand the work that goes in behind the scenes - or question your motives when all you want to do is run a club with like minded people. Forums grow and at some point you find yourself wondering why you started it in the first place with all the hassle- also it's quite easy to become precious over 'your baby'.

The owners took the decision after the last contentious episode to introduce new moderators and try to act more transparently and openly.

On that basis the ban was announced with evidence in the hope it would silence the critics who claim too much is done behind closed doors.

Sadly I think the approach taken was incorrect - the desire to be open missed the point in that some infractions need to be dealt with quietly. Raistlin broke the rules and it was correct he was pulled up on it - but to deal with it in this way was wrong - it will have caused him personal embarrassment and makes it hard for him to come back, which should not be the result of any decision.

Lets be honest - we all love this club otherwise we wouldn't be here, but two things have to happen

1) The directors have to realise that although they started the club, it now represents a large group of people and they are going to have to take criticism and either answer it honestly or close the club, or stop taking subscriptions and run it as a hobby and be as dictator like as they want.

2) The critics should reign it in a bit and realise that if they keep pushing then it will result in it closing or end up as a dictatorship - if they don't like it they can join another forum or start a new one, but if they like it here cut the owners a bit of slack.

There are always going to be differences of opinion, but I think everyone needs to step back and think about it from the other persons point of view.

We all want this forum to work - it is a valuable resource to any 75/ZT owner and a generally friendly place.

The critics should hold back and appreciate that the mods acted in what they felt was the best and most open way,and they are users of a forum that someone else set up and run.

The mods should look at it and think how it looks from Raistlin and his friends point of view.

The owners should step back and look at what the club is now and that it is no longer a small little group which they 'own'- and how they need to handle that - if they want to.

Oh and people like me should shut up and not post after drinking a bottle of wine.

Can I suggest that this thread and the original thread about Raistlins infringement be removed. Raistlin should be invited back - a temporary ban would have been sufficient, but considering the way it was handled I think no 'time' needs to be served.

I just like this club - and now having criticised everybody I think I better hide for a week or so!
Old 20th January 2011, 23:16   #106
Click4
Loves to post

None at the moment

[QUOTE=COLVERT;655932]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

Don't walk--------RUN out of here; NOW !!!!
Colvert.. did you bring the C4?

I will get the napalm.. got some smoke grenades in the car.
whos bringing the flaming pitchforks?
Old 20th January 2011, 23:16   #107
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGGUNS View Post
It was never my intention young Damien, I'm merely mourning the passing of such a truly marvellous contributor as Raistlin and drawing the parallel with hijackers thread.

The comparison rather fits with the demise of ITV, once a world class, world leading and innovative broadcaster and now now the last resort for the ill mannered, ill educated and the easily led.

I do hope the forum survives in it's present form, Raistlin and his like bring so much to the table and in a way that a simpleton monosyllabic taxi driver never could.
I know plenty of taxi drivers who would take exception that comment, please make your point but dont insult people you dont know.
Paul
Old 20th January 2011, 23:17   #108
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I resemble that remark !!!!!!

There are lots of things like that on the market, kids books, games etc.
Do you have to try them all as well and then make the same judgements ???
Just don't look at what you don't like and then you needn't try to stop other people having a bit of a laugh.

Colvert.
LOL.LOve the resemble and not resent bit... My sentiments too.... I am not as technically minded as most on here, in fact, i am prbably not as technically minded as anyone on here... There for, the Hijacker thread suits me, i still own a Rover 75 after all... Nice to talk drivel with like minded peeps now and again, takes the stress out of life and if i have a problem with my car, i will look at the tech threads.. Poppy
Old 20th January 2011, 23:18   #109
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrac View Post
I think everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath and look at the situation as a whole.

I've run BB's since they were dial up in the days when the internet didn't exist -these problems have always occurred and will always occur.

There are different approaches to running a forum - either an individual or small group running it or a limited company, which in this day an age is a sensible precaution.

In the 'old' days you just banned a member if you didn't like what they had to say and closed any threads that commented on the fact - simple if it was your forum and you hosted it.

This club was set up by a group of individuals who took the route of running it as a limited company - but in essence they started it and trust me it's hard to take criticism from people who you feel don't put the work in or don't understand the work that goes in behind the scenes - or question your motives when all you want to do is run a club with like minded people. Forums grow and at some point you find yourself wondering why you started it in the first place with all the hassle- also it's quite easy to become precious over 'your baby'.

The owners took the decision after the last contentious episode to introduce new moderators and try to act more transparently and openly.

On that basis the ban was announced with evidence in the hope it would silence the critics who claim too much is done behind closed doors.

Sadly I think the approach taken was incorrect - the desire to be open missed the point in that some infractions need to be dealt with quietly. Raistlin broke the rules and it was correct he was pulled up on it - but to deal with it in this way was wrong - it will have caused him personal embarrassment and makes it hard for him to come back, which should not be the result of any decision.

Lets be honest - we all love this club otherwise we wouldn't be here, but two things have to happen

1) The directors have to realise that although they started the club, it now represents a large group of people and they are going to have to take criticism and either answer it honestly or close the club, or stop taking subscriptions and run it as a hobby and be as dictator like as they want.

2) The critics should reign it in a bit and realise that if they keep pushing then it will result in it closing or end up as a dictatorship - if they don't like it they can join another forum or start a new one, but if they like it here cut the owners a bit of slack.

There are always going to be differences of opinion, but I think everyone needs to step back and think about it from the other persons point of view.

We all want this forum to work - it is a valuable resource to any 75/ZT owner and a generally friendly place.

The critics should hold back and appreciate that the mods acted in what they felt was the best and most open way,and they are users of a forum that someone else set up and run.

The mods should look at it and think how it looks from Raistlin and his friends point of view.

The owners should step back and look at what the club is now and that it is no longer a small little group which they 'own'- and how they need to handle that - if they want to.

Oh and people like me should shut up and not post after drinking a bottle of wine.

Can I suggest that this thread and the original thread about Raistlins infringement be removed. Raistlin should be invited back - a temporary ban would have been sufficient, but considering the way it was handled I think no 'time' needs to be served.

I just like this club - and now having criticised everybody I think I better hide for a week or so!
Old 20th January 2011, 23:21   #110
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrac View Post

Next time you have a bottle cracked open, can I have some too? A very thoughtful post in many ways...not saying I agree with all of it...but well considered...
Closed Thread