Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd January 2011, 21:24   #31
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

There doesn't seem to be anybody in the north west wanting to put themselves forward for the role James.
Old 26th January 2011, 01:17   #32
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Fortunately Jimbo and Mike seem to be looking after meetings in this area at the moment, hopefully they will continue to do that..
Old 28th January 2011, 08:22   #33
baconbuttyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
This postion is still open
Simon, isnt it about time you asked for volunteers or suggestions of names
Old 28th January 2011, 16:09   #34
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Interesting to note that the people who originally voted against me and obviously thought they could do a better job have neglected to put themselves forward for the vacancy.....

There are hundreds of members in the north west, surely someone has the passion and time to take on the role??

All that cafuffle from everybody a few months ago about the club not moving forward, yet when there is a role available to do just that nobody is interested.

There were only 2 people at the last meet.....shame.
Old 28th January 2011, 23:10   #35
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Canny lot these Northerners Richard.. They never volunteer innit.. lol.
Old 29th January 2011, 11:51   #36
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson View Post
Interesting to note that the people who originally voted against me and obviously thought they could do a better job have neglected to put themselves forward for the vacancy.....
Can understand that you may well feel like that but it doesn't naturally follow that they thought themselves more suitable for the position. I really did wonder why after you gained the role that you felt you had to resign after selling your ZT, granted you weren't having the best of times personally and that may well have gone a long way towards your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson
There are hundreds of members in the north west, surely someone has the passion and time to take on the role??

All that cafuffle from everybody a few months ago about the club not moving forward, yet when there is a role available to do just that nobody is interested.
It's a big decision for anybody to take on the responsibilites of a RS, well IMHO if it's going to be done correctly. There may well be "hundreds of members in the North West" but truthfully they do not seem to be as active as they are elsewhere - that's why I frequently invade the Midlands and Yorkshire areas, plus in the last year I've been up to Scotland twice. Granted I'm in the position to be able to do this. In fact I was only missing from the last Hollow Tree get together as I'd attended the Newark Air Museum meet held on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson
There were only 2 people at the last meet.....shame.
Quite agree with you Richard but, and no offence meant, you also weren't there.

I do hope somebody with the drive and determination required feels that they are able to put themselves forward for this role in the near future.

Regards
Jim
Old 29th January 2011, 14:11   #37
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

[QUOTE=richardwjackson;661680]

I would love to have a go, but I am not so sure I could do the position a real justice, me spending half my time away at sea.
Old 29th January 2011, 14:39   #38
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
I really did wonder why after you gained the role that you felt you had to resign after selling your ZT, granted you weren't having the best of times personally and that may well have gone a long way towards your decision.

Nothing to do with 'personal problems'. As stated in a thread I started at the time it was due to me starting a new job which takes me away from home for long periods, including weekends. For that reason I had no time to devote to the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Quite agree with you Richard but, and no offence meant, you also weren't there.

Why would I be....I now drive a Seat Ibiza and was working......??

However, I do like to frequent the forums from time to time to see how thing are progressing...or not as the case may be.
Old 29th January 2011, 15:12   #39
Richy
Loves to post

Contempory V6 2.5 Tourer

[QUOTE=justmicky;662335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson View Post

I would love to have a go, but I am not so sure I could do the position a real justice, me spending half my time away at sea.
I am sure that other members could help you out. Better to have someone who is willing to give it a go than no one at all.

Paul
Old 29th January 2011, 16:35   #40
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

[QUOTE=Richy;662363]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmicky View Post

I am sure that other members could help you out. Better to have someone who is willing to give it a go than no one at all.

Paul
Agree wholeheartedly Paul.

There is a danger that this postion can consume alot of time and resources, however if managed carefully it can be great fun and lead to meeting some great people!

However, it does also put you on a pedestal that perhaps at times people can try to shoot you off, or give you a nudge if they don't like you or think something unsavoury is going on.

Hope someone takes the role up!
Closed Thread