Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st February 2020, 17:38   #1
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Default Sick as a parrot!!

I'm gutted! Thought I would start checking my wifes car over today for MOT, reversing up the ramps can only think that when applying the brake my foot caught the accelerator (auto) and |I jumped the ramps! I jumped out jacked the back up and relieved to see that very minimal damage to sills. came to close drivers door and found that as the car had slewed off ramp the opened door had wedged against my caravan door hinge, no damage to the van but completely wrecked the car door, buckled and twisted can't even close the door.

Please tell me others have had self inflicted occurrences, to help me with my pain!
Now got to source a new door which seem to be getting quite rare, her car is a top of the range Rover 25 Mk2 with only 28k so can't write it off. My wife loves her car but bless her when |I showed her what I'd done she put her arms round me and said 'never mind, thank goodness it wasn't your car'. Now that doesn't bear thinking about!
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 17:51   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Your wife is very good at getting you to do better. But she understands that you did not do it on purpose. So get your finger out before she changes her mind and does say she will have your car while you get the other one done. Ask on the forum if anyone has got what you want in the wanted section.
Old 1st February 2020, 18:22   #3
GJ53 DGO
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT 260SE

Think yourself lucky, my cars are flanking the wifes, she'd hit the roof if i damaged hers!
GJ53 DGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 18:30   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO View Post
Think yourself lucky, my cars are flanking the wifes, she'd hit the roof if i damaged hers!
Well at least there is one decent car on your drive I suppose......the one on the right, you can keep the others
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 18:31   #5
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
Please tell me others have had self inflicted occurrences, to help me with my pain!
Does rear ending an SUV after your foot slips off the brake pedal count? It's what I accidentally did before Xmas.
Old 1st February 2020, 18:41   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
I'm gutted! Thought I would start checking my wifes car over today for MOT, reversing up the ramps can only think that when applying the brake my foot caught the accelerator (auto) and |I jumped the ramps! I jumped out jacked the back up and relieved to see that very minimal damage to sills. came to close drivers door and found that as the car had slewed off ramp the opened door had wedged against my caravan door hinge, no damage to the van but completely wrecked the car door, buckled and twisted can't even close the door.

Now got to source a new door which seem to be getting quite rare, her car is a top of the range Rover 25 Mk2 with only 28k so can't write it off. My wife loves her car but bless her when |I showed her what I'd done she put her arms round me and said 'never mind, thank goodness it wasn't your car'. Now that doesn't bear thinking about!
Just had a look on eBay, several mk 2 s for breaking, all,list different parts but you can contact the sellers and ask if they have a door. You don’t ask you don’t get. Or as we Geordies say,shy bairns get nae kets.: D

Last edited by RPWC; 2nd February 2020 at 22:14.. Reason: Missing letter
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 21:03   #7
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

What colour door are you after? I went to an MG-Rover breaker not far from you, next to a canal, a short distance from Bromsgrove. They had loads of doors, and I asked if they do many 25’s as my dads got 1 and he said they do. I got a complete door, with glass, door card, and central locking mechanism for £20. I only contacted them via Facebook but I can see if I can get a number if you want.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 22:07   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

There are no differences between Mk1 and facelift 25 doors, nor 200Mk2 for that matter.

Just get one the same colour if you don't want to paint it

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 07:12   #9
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
What colour door are you after? I went to an MG-Rover breaker not far from you, next to a canal, a short distance from Bromsgrove. They had loads of doors, and I asked if they do many 25’s as my dads got 1 and he said they do. I got a complete door, with glass, door card, and central locking mechanism for £20. I only contacted them via Facebook but I can see if I can get a number if you want.
Thanks, I am hoping to find one complete in same colour if possible. I have found a few breakers locally that I will be ringing this morning. I don't know one near a canal, if you had a number that would be great please.
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
Old 3rd February 2020, 07:18   #10
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
There are no differences between Mk1 and facelift 25 doors, nor 200Mk2 for that matter.

Just get one the same colour if you don't want to paint it

Brian
Getting one in good condition the same colour is my target Brian. There is one being broken in Spennymoor but I hope I can find one a bit nearer.