Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd July 2020, 16:25   #1
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Default The Perils of getting old and stupid!!

Strange day yesterday been having trouble with my battery because of the shutdown, got caught out at the shops with a car that would not start, battery flat, called Saga breakdown they went through all the covid spiel about calls taking longer to respond to but it only took about ˝ an hour to get to me, gave me a boost and got me going, drove home put the car in the garage but left room at the front incase I needed to charge the car later on, locked the doors with the driver window slightly open, but not enough to get your elbow through, went indoors and between the garage and my back patio door I lost my key, only noticed when I returned to my car. Looked every where for them, luckily I have a spare key for the car but unfortunately inside the car (“Stupid “ ) but wait I can get to it through the partially open window as it’s in the cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel got it out onto the floor used a wire through the hole in the fob and pulled it up to the window opening, “bugger” it dropped off the wire and disappeared probably under the drivers seat, got a small magnet and fished around the aria all to no avail, what I didn’t realize that the blade on the key is non magnetic (why is that ?) by this time it was 22:45 so I thought I would sleep on it, fat chance that, I didn’t get off to sleep until 4am up at 6am to resume my search for the elusive key was fishing around with the wire and the key appeared from behind the base of the seat, trying to work the wire though the hole in the fob and thought why am I trying this again all I need to do is get a rod and press the door open button on the fob and voila the car was unlocked !!!
Just a few points to note, you cannot open the doors from inside when the alarm is activated.
If you try to open the boot with the boot open button under the bonnet release handle the alarm goes off!
If you press the door open button on the center console the alarm goes off!
To cap it all off went indoors to get cook my breakfast got my apron from it hook, thought that feels heavy, low and behold my keys were in the apron pocket! (Stupid x2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lightpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:28   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I would stop with the cooked breakfasts if i were you, would have saved a lot of bother

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:51   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Glad you got it sorted out.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:02   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Glad I am not the only one. Not done that but my wife reckons I should not have keys or money. I never know where I have them.Hide my keys but don’t know where I have hidden them. Silly old fool.
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:20   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

These are the bonuses for getting old. Been there few times.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 19:32   #6
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I had to phone my wife once to bring me my spare keys as I had locked myself out of my work truck.
The ladies she worked with never let me forget it.

Yes, my trade was Locksmith!
Old 2nd July 2020, 20:08   #7
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

I have always dreaded this happening to me, when my wife and daughter have shouted out on many occasions have you seen my keys, and my reply has always been they are your keys why should I have seen them always came back with a thanks Dad or love that's helpful. They are probably just waiting for they day i ask or will one day purposely take my keys, mind these days its just the long haired colonel i have to worry about as daughter is abroad.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 06:47   #8
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Not key related, but just as stupid. Waking one morning, I spotted a pack of cheese on my bedside table, investigating further, and inspecting my fridge, saw my alarm clock sitting there...cold !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:15   #9
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Glad I am not the only one. Not done that but my wife reckons I should not have keys or money. I never know where I have them.Hide my keys but don’t know where I have hidden them. Silly old fool.
My dad was one for losing key and wallets.

Mind you, many years ago as a fitter, I was called out to a train with a fault and working in the cab I remember the keys for the van dropping out of my pocket. Unfortunately I only realised I forgot to pick them up when I got back to the van and the train had gone, so had to get the train back to the depot, make a couple of phone calls to find out where the train had gone and then arrange to pick the keys up from the station and retrieve the van.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 08:54   #10
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
Not key related, but just as stupid. Waking one morning, I spotted a pack of cheese on my bedside table, investigating further, and inspecting my fridge, saw my alarm clock sitting there...cold !!

.....................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er3IPsOsFWM

Last edited by planenut; 3rd July 2020 at 08:57..
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote