Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2011, 23:21   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Thumbs up A public thank you to Les of SMC Trading!!

Unknown to the majority of the forum, me and my partner Daniela have been having some quite severe money problems just before Christmas there, so much so we are having a registry office wedding in March instead of a larger event which we had planned.

She just started a new job and was only in it six weeks and unfortunatly hurt her leg siginficently enough to prevent her from working, never mind driving which is essential in her role in the civil service (also she works 30 odd miles away from our house).

I already work 60 hours a week, but i had to start working up to 84 hour weeks on rotating shift work to meet our joint bills, I havnt been able to run her up and down to work, so she has been of on the sick unpayed now for 9 weeks and will be returning to work on the 31st of January (thank god).

Things where so bad we didnt buy each other anything for Christmas, and in the new year she gave me the money to buy myself a club badge, tax disc and club grill badge, whilst I got her a kitten from the local animal shelter that had been abandoned just before christmas.

Events wouldnt have been so extreme except my V6 water pump blew, and had to have the belts done, draining all my Christmas and emergency savings and ruining my plans.

Anyways, the good chap Les has posted before Christmas that he had some heated washer jets for sale, being a fan of his shop in the club (and on ebay, before i realise the club prices where cheaper lol!) I was having a nosey. I happened to comment I really would love and set but was so broke I couldnt afford them until the new year thanks to my circumstances at the minute.

Imagine my shock when Les sent me a message telling me he was going to send me a complementary set. I was hugely shocked and thanked him endlessly, and sure enough a few days later they arrived and cheered me up as i fiddled with the car to fit them, happy as a pig in poo.

Again, thank you Les for that.

Now heres where it gets interesting. Several of you may have noticed that I was offline late sunday and for a few days after that, well on Sunday I had a small family emergency and it generated another set of thank yous.

Wierdly from my new born niece Sophia only 7 weeks old and her parents. I was up at my sister and bro in laws on Sunday when the little thing started choking extremely badly, started going blue and such choking continiously breathing extremely short breaths. We tried doing what we thought was the right things and still whernt improving things that when she started to go blue.

Me, my sister and my bro in law grabed her, jumpd into my car and blasted to hospital as we where only 1 and half miles from it at their house in Antrim whilst the little one was choking and at times completly unable to breathe as my sister tryied to sort her out.

We got her to hospital (my bro in law phoned in advance via 999 we where on way) and when we arrived they had a team ready and they sorted her out after clearing her airways of nasty stomach acid with all sorts of tubes and machines, poor thing took nearly 4 hours to regain conciniousness and had to stay in overnight on an air machine. Wee soul had quite a extreme case of reflux as it turned out in the end and the doctors comments on how close it was when we got her to hospital.

My bro in law Johnny actually said after when we got home monday evening late how it would have taken his 307 ages to de-ice as it hadnt moved sinec Friday, but I bounced into mine and thanks to Les's heated washer jets, the car was instantly cleared up of ice when we took off despite the fact it was minus 6 outside and the car was totally iced up.

I explained to him about Les kindness and he was shocked by his good nature and wished me to pass on his deepest thanks also from himself and my sister.

So again as ive said in a PM to you Les, and now I wish to share publicially I wish you a massive thank you. I know it was only a small thing, but you really helped out my family without realising!

Thank you Les. From me, my whole family and my little niece Sophia Charlotte Murphy.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:53   #2
K£150N
Loves to post

I don't know you mate but after reading that it proves that there are still some top folk around. A wonderful gesture from Les that unbeknown to all at the time helped to save a little life, fabulous stuff. I hope the new year is better for you and for your family.
K£150N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:06   #3
The Rover Man
Loves to post

Rover 75 Classic CDT SE

You've had a hard time lately and I hope things improve for you. Despite the pressure you were under, you still found time to organise a meet and send me an extremely nice message of support regarding a few problems with 'The Rover Woman's' health lately. Trust me, bad times always make good times feel so much better!
The Rover Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:51   #4
RN3212
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Classic SE 2.0V6 Auto Moonstone Green

A lovely story and fair play to you for your honesty.
RN3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:04   #5
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Very relieved to hear your wee niece is alright Colin.....
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:37   #6
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHAM1961 View Post
Very relieved to hear your wee niece is alright Colin.....
Agreed, sounds like a very close call, I hope you lookforward to telling her the story when she is older

As For Les, nothing surprises me with that man anymore, it's a wonder he makes any profit . A true Gent.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:36   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Glad to hear all turned out ok. Well done Les, your kindness restores my faith in human nature

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:29   #8
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post

As For Les, nothing surprises me with that man anymore, it's a wonder he makes any profit . A true Gent.
I'll second that, he's not really a slave driver
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 13:10   #9
kevineds
Gets stuck in

ZT 260 SE,ZTT CDTI & ZT160+

Glad to hear your niece is ok!
Just shows there are some nice people still around and all credit to Les!
kevineds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:56   #10
woolleysox
This is my second home

Black V8 Ztt 260SE

Hope the nipper is ok and things improve for you and yours. A very well done to Les for comming up trumps for you
woolleysox is offline   Reply With Quote