Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2018, 21:04   #8241
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Done the drop links today, turns out the ones that were one were aftermarket adjustable ones. Rides so much better now. But sadly I still have juddering under heavy braking, looks like new discs are in order.

My gear change issue seems to be hiding at the moment I've just been on an hour drive and I couldn't repeat the issues I had before of not being able to select gear.

Its getting a long run to Yorkshire this weekend so hopefully the issue will come about again, I don't like problems hiding away.
I had similar trouble lately, fortunate all was needed was bleeding and top up.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 14:53   #8242
bezel06
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Brakes done

Well rear brakes done and then washed her and then polished cant believe how many little scratches noticed thatwerent there last time i polished her really does my head in probably done on supermarket carparks people hitting her with car doors or trolley yesterday could not believe it somone let there trolly roll into my car and then wasn't going to say anything til theys saw me sat there had a few choice words with him well that's my rant over
Bezel
bezel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2018, 15:40   #8243
MGjim
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 160+

Following on from my post #8759 had MOT done today, and sailed through, MOT tester who's a friend of mine let me look underneath, and there's not even any corrosion on the brake pipes so I still can't understand why the one rear arm was so rusty.
MGjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 13:55   #8244
jordimussol
Avid contributor

2005 MG ZT & 1996 MGF

After being absent for a while today I got my hands dirty with my ZT CDTi. I had on the To-Do list the top engine mounts, both of them, the ones above the aux belt.
I know they were a bit knackered but that was an understatement when I got them out:

And once finished all nice and clean (parts I usually take out I take my time to clean them up

So yeah... The upper one wasn't bad but since I had a new one I fit them both. A few vibrations have gone, which is a relief!

Tomorrow it is going to the body shot as I suffered a small accident. Long story short, a guy came out of a car park with not much visibility without looking and hit me. He admitted liability so getting it all fully fixed. Just an annoyance having to drive with my banged up car for over a month waiting for 'paperwork to go through'.

Last edited by jordimussol; 10th June 2018 at 13:58..
jordimussol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 20:44   #8245
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

The problem in my opinion is a total lack of fear of the justice system in this country. In some cases, the criminals are more protected and looked after than the victims.
Lenient sentences and a comfortable life in prisons only adds to this.

Anyhow, finally got round to doing the spyhole mod on my 75 today. Used a 20mm rubber grommet I had spare from use on electrical backboxes a few years ago.

Also replaced the pollen filter with one recommended by Dorset Bob on here - many thanks for that. I had a Fram one from EuroCarParts already but the quality was pathetic so took it back.

Finally, replaced all the windscreen scuttle clips after Autoglass lost most of mine.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2018, 20:57   #8246
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Had My aircon checked and regased today. My friend had his done at the same time. Both cars completed safely, and everything as it should be. Total cost each was £55.00 and that’s with home visit. Excellent service from Coolcar based in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Website:- www.coolcaraircon.co.uk. Used them 5/6 years ago the last time. .
Old 10th June 2018, 22:26   #8247
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigagator View Post
The problem in my opinion is a total lack of fear of the justice system in this country. In some cases, the criminals are more protected and looked after than the victims.
Lenient sentences and a comfortable life in prisons only adds to this.

Anyhow, finally got round to doing the spyhole mod on my 75 today. Used a 20mm rubber grommet I had spare from use on electrical backboxes a few years ago.

Not just in your country...

- Today I did the spyhole mod on both of my 75`s as well. Was as a child play compared to other mods I`ve done.
Old 11th June 2018, 11:33   #8248
m2n
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2004 Contemporary SE 2.5 Auto

Smile After the cross country jaunt......

Today, after driving 1,080 miles in 3 weeks I have today totalled blitz cleaned my "Eve" inside and out..... picked up a few stone chips along the way But she looks pristine albeit a bit hot and sunny out there but I could not wait any longer she looked like a mobile mole hill.........

BUT she is polished and clean..............
She was the: 103,715th 75 to run off production line, out of 112,381
She was the: 382nd 75 2.5 V6 Contemporary SE to be made out of 686
She was the: 1,415th 75 in Firefrost Red (code CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75's
m2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 15:38   #8249
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Not today, but over the weekend I replaced my leaky Cam cover, oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filter change & replaced my MAF.

After reading various posts about how difficult it can be to remove the injectors I was fearing the worst. Fortunately, mine came out easy The time spent sitting in oil leaked from the left hand engine cover bolt hole for God knows how long, must have been beneficial!
Now the bad news. The 3rd injector mounting bolt snapped off just level with the cylinder head I had only managed 3/4 of a turn before it snapped. I managed to drill it out, but I dreaded doing it.

The car now runs better, although I have been getting more smoke on hard acceleration. I am hoping this is a result of disturbing carbon build up in the new cam cover ports & in the inlet manifold rather than anything to worry about.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 17:50   #8250
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Put extra hole in centre of switch fascia,ready to accommodate my rear sun blind switch. When i pluck up the courage to remove rear seat to put in new rear shelf. Hope loom is already there.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote