Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th August 2020, 15:36   #11
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Just fitted it, the major part of the job being removal of the old one. Closer inspection revealed it was too far gone to worry about attempting to repair.
The Klarius fits well, close to the body in places but doesn't knock when the engine is at idle or revved, l'll know more on the way home.
The only niggle is that the inner support bracket will only go halfway through the rubber mount. Bending the bracket forward would necessitate removal of the box but l don't think it should be a problem. If so l'll do it another day.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2020, 15:38   #12
The Rovering Member

Rover 75 saloon

Turns out as a result of fitting it something has happened to the front of the system & it's vibrating though not necessarily blowing & when the aircon's on it knocks against the floor at idle. I thought it was moving about a fair bit when l was removing the (seized) backbox.
I'll take the mid-section to a local garage in the week & get them to check it on the ramp & fit the new one if it's needed. Till it's done l can't form a proper opinion of the Klarius though l suspect it's going to be fine.

Old 9th August 2020, 12:20   #13
casamercedes
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Just fitted it, the major part of the job being removal of the old one. Closer inspection revealed it was too far gone to worry about attempting to repair.
The Klarius fits well, close to the body in places but doesn't knock when the engine is at idle or revved, l'll know more on the way home. It sounds a little throatier when coming off idle but seems to settle down.
The only niggle is that the inner support pin will only go halfway through the rubber mount. Bending it forward to a suitable position will necessitate removal of the box but l don't think it should be a problem. If so l'll do it another day.
While under there l note that the main exhaust pipe l have on the shelf will fit my car when needed. I think the car still has it's original one on as l can't see a forward join by the twin support pins.
Glad the fitting went well for you. I would take it off again and bend the bracket very slightly so that it goes right through the rubber.
I had to do a similar thing with the one I fitted to my diesel tourer.

Dave
casamercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2020, 16:04   #14
The Rovering Member

Rover 75 saloon

Once up on a four-poster it became apparent that the joint between the Klarius & the mid-section needed loosening & twisting round to raise the main pipe as it was knocking against the two crossbars under the exhaust. It wasn't blowing but did sound remarkably like it was. The Klarius' support pin was also bent forward to go right through the rubber. Cost £15 but l added a pint. 🍺
It also transpired that the guy who did the job for me was the very same man who sold me & my dad our Mk1a 3 litre P5 25+ years ago. So a good chinwag was had as well & a viewing of his very nice Vauxhall VX estate.

Old 12th August 2020, 19:07   #15
The Rovering Member

Rover 75 saloon

After a trip into work with the exhaust now sorted, l can report that that the Klarius is fine. There is the very occasional knock from it on the larger bumps & potholes but they're few & nothing other than that & if l do detect a slight drone at higher speeds then it is extremely slight, or just imagination.