Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th October 2017, 23:17   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default My car is a Write Off

Not the 75 but the Jaguar XF which was fitted with four new doors just a month ago along with an additional £1,300 for replacing drivers side wing and repainting the sills and front bumper.

Earlier today Thursday I was just a mile from home when a young guy in a VW Polo met me on a corner travelling a tad too fast and too wide on the corner hit me side on.
The XF with me and the missus was thrown up into the air and pirouetted through 90 degrees finishing up with the rear end up on the pavement.
Both curtain airbags and the drivers seat airbag deployed so I knew right away it would be a write off. After recovering from the initial shock I was further shocked to see just how much damage a Polo could make to a Jaguar.
The new front wing is slightly damaged, the drivers door is severely damaged, the rear door is obliterated and there’s extensive sill damage. The biggest shock was the rear wheel and hub was severed at the lower link and driveshaft with the wheel now almost sitting in the boot.
The missus is fine despite her still recovering from her shoulder injury but I’ve got a sore back and a headache. The Police and Ambulance were in attendance and we both got breathalysed with clear results. The young male driver has been charged by the Police and was despatched by Ambulance for a check up as he was clearly in shock. They wanted to call another ambulance for me but I declined but after returning home, and after further advice I did attend hospital where I was given a thorough check over but I think it is only muscular pain with my back and stress which is giving me the headache.

It’s not been an entirely happy three years of ownership with the Jaguar between getting ripped off by Parks Jaguar Ayr over the MOT issue and badly let down by Jaguar Cars over the door corrosion issue so it will come as no surprise that the XF will most deffinately not be replaced with another Jaguar.

Meantime it’s back to my reliable 15 year old 75 V6 Connoisseur which itself has only done 56k. I’m in no hurry to replace the car so I will take my time to see what’s available and by whom.!

I wanted a Jaguar all my life and yes I did like the XF very much, it was great to look back at when parking it up and was a fantastic tow car for our Coachman Caravan but with all the trouble I’ve had can you really blame me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BA849522-CDC8-4A4C-9353-8EDB3C2B9F7F.jpg (20.0 KB, 217 views)
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote