Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th July 2020, 14:55   #11
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goltho View Post
That's what my ZT has (I know this because I looked up the numbers on the box). In that case, presumably I can connect the U/P and B wires to pins 2 & 3 on the grey connector and it should work?
Dougie.
No, only the Symphony unit uses those pins for the steering wheel controls, the later single DIN units need those cables in a separate mini ISO connector.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 15:05   #12
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

dougie.would you not be better off re enstate the I.R system. sounds like your unit is set up for I.R. internaly. i dont know if it can be converted to standard switches ? you could get some used spares if your I.R setup is not working. you could always reposition the sender unit and receiver elsewhere close to each other so they communicate effectively. could those two be put under the dash or somewhere close out of view to get an unbroken line of sight ? hope you can sort it out whatever you decide. all the best xsport. ..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 15:15   #13
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
dougie.would you not be better off re enstate the I.R system.
Only the Kenwood has the internal system to work with an infra-red input. None of the other units have it and need to be hard wired. - the OP wants to replace the Kenwood.

Last edited by raykay; 7th July 2020 at 15:31..
Old 7th July 2020, 15:59   #14
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
No, only the Symphony unit uses those pins for the steering wheel controls, the later single DIN units need those cables in a separate mini ISO connector.
The radio I'm fitting has no separate ISO connector though. See the pics. It does have two cut wires beside the back beside the connectors socket, one purple and one brown, which I'm assuming may be the SWC feeds. Given we've established (well you did ) that the U/P and B wires currently running into the infra red module come from the rotary coupler C0082 pins 2 & 3, I can't see the harm in connecting them to the two wires on the radio to test?

• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 7th July 2020 at 19:19..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 16:12   #15
raykay

Now Other Manufacturer

Try connecting the Blue/Purple to the Brown cable, and the Black to the Green.
The mini ISO connector would have been in the space under the ISO connectors, but it has been removed and those cables cut off it.
Old 7th July 2020, 16:19   #16
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by raykay View Post
Try connecting the Blue/Purple to the Brown cable, and the Black to the Green.
The mini ISO connector would have been in the space under the ISO connectors, but it has been removed and those cables cut off it.
I shall. Thanks.
• 137,000 miles
Old 7th July 2020, 18:43   #17
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

hope it works for you . ray knows his onions and im sure he will sort it with you. just been on MG.ORG website on an old post and it was posted that the 413x model with steering wheels controls connect to pins c8 and c9 and that the remote input were on pins 11 and 12 on the back of the unit. just thought i would post this up for you in case it may be true. !!! best of luck !
Old 7th July 2020, 19:51   #18
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
hope it works for you . ray knows his onions and im sure he will sort it with you. just been on MG.ORG website on an old post and it was posted that the 413x model with steering wheels controls connect to pins c8 and c9 and that the remote input were on pins 11 and 12 on the back of the unit. just thought i would post this up for you in case it may be true. !!! best of luck !
Thanks for that. There are no pins on what would otherwise be connector C on my radio. It's a blank hole.

Dougie.
• 137,000 miles
Old 7th July 2020, 21:38   #19
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

im no electronic wizard as you have probably realised !! but it got the thread moving !! just to mention something else if it may be of use. your kenwood was wired I.R originally ? then the steering wheel switches may be different resistors / volts output as it was for I.R. these resistors also caused problems when upgrading through the range of vdo units with sws connections. some people reported that the switches work but not as they should do. random selections. i have located the control switches volts /resistance figures for 413x taken by someone online if you need them to cross reference yours against. failing that if it doesnt work just change the swc switches for the standard ones. but fingers crossed rays suggestion will sort it. .... good luck.
Old 7th July 2020, 21:44   #20
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
im no electronic wizard as you have probably realised !! but it got the thread moving !! just to mention something else if it may be of use. your kenwood was wired I.R originally ? then the steering wheel switches may be different resistors / volts output as it was for I.R. these resistors also caused problems when upgrading through the range of vdo units with sws connections. some people reported that the switches work but not as they should do. random selections. i have located the control switches volts /resistance figures for 413x taken by someone online if you need them to cross reference yours against. failing that if it doesnt work just change the swc switches for the standard ones. but fingers crossed rays suggestion will sort it. .... good luck.
Much appreciated. In fact, I just changed the steering wheel switches a couple of weeks ago due to retrofitting cruise control, and they came from a Rover 75 Connie without IR. I appreciate your input.

Dougie.
• 137,000 miles