Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2016, 11:31   #1
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Default ABS and Wiper interaction?!?!

After manymuchlots hacking around with my car, changing both front ABS sensors, both front wheelbearings, one rear wheel bearing (this from reading the relative speeds shown by the wheels on a straight run and "fixing" the one showing off with the rest) I've mostly eliminated the ABS error I was seeing.

Except when it rains.

Thing is, it's not when it "rains" - it seems to be related to the wipers running - I only get it when they're running, but I can't tell if it's the act of the wipers sweeping or some interaction with the rain sensing windscreen.

Can anybody think of any interaction between the wipers and the ABS? Does the cable run from the OSF sensor run near the wiper mechanism where it could be worn through?

This one's weird weird.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2016, 14:11   #2
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Wondering if that could be caused by K bus fault,
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2016, 08:07   #3
Chuckles
Gets stuck in

NOW a Club Tourer was 1999 - 75 2.0Ltr Connoisseur SE petrol Saloon

I had similar after driving through floods.
Both wiper and speedo went to "stationary" mode in that the wiper went intermittent and the speedo stopped working. By he time I arrived home (approx. 150miles) the speedo began to work and so too the wipers.
I found, as on previous occasions, the plug to the ABS unit wet. It would seem water can pass into the plug and settle in the receptacle shorting out the connections.
I believe it is down to the CAN BUS wire loop (one or two twisted pairs) that are the main culprit.

I have not run the car since drying out but pretty sure that is the problem.
I would check this plug (Under battery) and while your there use some self amalgamating tape to seal off the plug.
The plug is pulled after the secure clip is pulled all the way in the direct of the cable, a "click" can be felt when the plug is free - don't force it!
Membership #1896
Don't take life so seriously.... it is not permanent!
Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote