Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2019, 20:50   #11
Cable Tie
Regional Secretary

Orange grove ztt cdti

Thanked 1,381 Times in 818 Posts

Sorry to hear this hope you get the xxxxxxxxx
Old 25th June 2019, 20:52   #12
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Terrible news Mick hope the Ba$tards who did this get their hands jammed in a car door a few times.
Old 25th June 2019, 20:58   #13
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Dreadful news mate.

You've been such a gent to deal with.

Hope you get back on you feet very soon.

All the very best.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:05   #14
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Would just like to say I would like to have clicked the thanks button for everybody that has commented, but that would have meant I would have run out of thanks so to speak and didn’t want to appear rude to anybody who didn’t get a thanks so I thought I would do it this way, and also the offer of a high-pressure pump removal tool from Andy was really kind, but honestly there’s no need the insurance company are going to resolve the matter for me and assist me in getting new tools, I must admit they have been very good since I spoke to them, the Young lady that I spoke to stated that this seems to be happening all too often these days as the punishments just aren’t there to prevent this type of crime.
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:10   #15
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

The removal of thumbs makes theft much more difficult. Removal of additional fingers for further similar offences would soon slow the crime rate. Works well on pickpockets too!
Old 25th June 2019, 21:10   #16
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

And I thought I was having a bad day.

Sickening for this to happen Mick. If you need to borrow any tools for any special jobs before yours get replaced let me know - I have a few, although some are GhettoTech they all work.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:30   #17
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Sorry to hear this bad news Mick, hope you get sorted and the thieves are caught.
Get yourself an internal camera and put it where no one would think to look, one with a motion sensor and that tells you it has detected movement and records it, a bit more peace of mind.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:40   #18
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Sorry to hear this awful news. I'd like to think the Police would be interested, but sadly I'd be fooling myself. I do think keeping an eye on Facebook would be sensible, for what good it would do if the Police aren't interested.

Good luck in rebuilding, at least the insurance seem to be helpful.

Rob

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:52   #19
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Angry

Oh Mick, I'm so gutted for you, I can understand how you feel. Many years ago when I was in my early 20s (40+ plus years ago) my work bench inside the factory was broken into, many of the tools that I'd made when I was an apprentice were stolen, scribing block, tap & die holders, dividers, pin & centre punches, tool makers clamps & other special tools I'd made were gone. All had my initials punched or engraved on them, needless to say I was totally gutted.

I wish you well in getting replacements but they never feel the same and specially made tools are irreplaceable. I'm not able to put the words on here what I think of the scum that stole your tools on here but I suspect you know what I mean. Good to hear that you're still going to carry on.

Best wishes,

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2019, 21:57   #20
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Sorry to hear this bad news Mick, hope you get sorted and the thieves are caught.
Get yourself an internal camera and put it where no one would think to look, one with a motion sensor and that tells you it has detected movement and records it, a bit more peace of mind.
Very good idea, Neos camera off amazon very cheap, very sensitive to sound and motion, Very clear picture even in dark.
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote