Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th April 2020, 19:05   #11
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I love mine. Comfortable,quiet and it will go if you let it! A proper old man's car! Which I am!😉

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 7th April 2020, 19:16   #12
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

An early one for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-ROVE...QAAOSwA7JeYsw-
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2020, 09:44   #13
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
This looks like a genuine, unmodified car in very good condition inside and out with one owner from new. I'd say that it's worth viewing, once the Coronavirus travel restrictions have been relaxed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
What kind of things do I look for when purchasing a 2.0 v6 auto?
As has been said there are three things specific to the V6:
  • Coolant leaks in the 'V'. Take a powerful torch with you to check.
  • The VIS actuators and flap valves are prone to faults which cause listless performance on the 2.5 let alone the 2.0. They're easily repaired except for a rattling 'power' linkage which should be avoided.
  • After starting from cold, listen for a mild rattle from the belt area which ceases after a minute or two. This is a sign of a worn tensioner and/or idler wheel and will dictate when you need to renew them and the cambelts. Check the service history carefully. It doesn't need doing every six years unless you're of a nervous disposition!

Electric radiator fan operation should be checked using the 'demist test', but this isn't peculiar to the 2.0 V6.

A camshaft won't snap if repairs are carried out by a competent, careful person.

As far as fuel consumption is concerned, and as I'm sure you appreciate, your 1.0 litre Metro is the best choice for pootling around town. For constant speed cruising on motorways or uncongested 'A' roads when the torque converter is locked, I get an average of 30 - 33 mpg (measured by the brim-to-brim method) from my 2.5 litre V6. I would expect similar from the 2.0 litre under those conditions.

The 2.0 KV6 is a rare and interesting variant and it can be rewarding owning something a little bit different. You don't have to keep it for ever and it will certainly be a contrast to your diesel tourer and on that basis, an experience worth having. Good luck!

Simon
Old 8th April 2020, 11:14   #14
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
…..You don't have to keep it for ever …….
Simon
Simon , you can't say that
Mind you , I've only had mine since 2005 …...
Old 8th April 2020, 12:06   #15
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you,

The metro is a fun little car around town. The one I'm looking at the seller has taken it in as part of a deal and has no history on the belts that's why I've already got a quote of replacing them by Dave and Kayleigh. it has about 100k on the clock and is a 1999 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
This looks like a genuine, unmodified car in very good condition inside and out with one owner from new. I'd say that it's worth viewing, once the Coronavirus travel restrictions have been relaxed.

As has been said there are three things specific to the V6:
  • Coolant leaks in the 'V'. Take a powerful torch with you to check.
  • The VIS actuators and flap valves are prone to faults which cause listless performance on the 2.5 let alone the 2.0. They're easily repaired except for a rattling 'power' linkage which should be avoided.
  • After starting from cold, listen for a mild rattle from the belt area which ceases after a minute or two. This is a sign of a worn tensioner and/or idler wheel and will dictate when you need to renew them and the cambelts. Check the service history carefully. It doesn't need doing every six years unless you're of a nervous disposition!

Electric radiator fan operation should be checked using the 'demist test', but this isn't peculiar to the 2.0 V6.

A camshaft won't snap if repairs are carried out by a competent, careful person.

As far as fuel consumption is concerned, and as I'm sure you appreciate, your 1.0 litre Metro is the best choice for pootling around town. For constant speed cruising on motorways or uncongested 'A' roads when the torque converter is locked, I get an average of 30 - 33 mpg (measured by the brim-to-brim method) from my 2.5 litre V6. I would expect similar from the 2.0 litre under those conditions.

The 2.0 KV6 is a rare and interesting variant and it can be rewarding owning something a little bit different. You don't have to keep it for ever and it will certainly be a contrast to your diesel tourer and on that basis, an experience worth having. Good luck!

Simon
Old 8th April 2020, 18:27   #16
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

get yourself a good diesel and have a re map to 160 bhp 50 to gallon whats not to like rgds mark
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2020, 19:03   #17
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by markypicks View Post
…….whats not to like rgds mark
They've only got 4 cylinders and they don't run on petrol ?
Old 8th April 2020, 20:42   #18
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Mines still for sale ....
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=303367

Its very reliable and a lovely drive but will need some work doing soon. Sadly (or maybe gladly) I'm still working through the Covid otherwise it would be a great time to get it done. Think its the exception that proves the rule re V6 head gaskets.
I'd recommend them. Its my 2nd v6 and I havent the faintest idea what I'd replace it with.
I've now bought an old Morris and hope to get that up to daily driver standard over the next couple of months then hopefully I'll be able get the V6 back up to scratch as soon as its not needed for commuting.
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2020, 21:32   #19
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
Hi Ben.
Already been posted about, the seller does not know when the belts were last changed, but as said he can do a deal with anyone whom is interested, I should imagine that would be I his favour, not the purchaser, also ask about the cooling fan its about the right mileage that the low speed brush is coming to its end.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=303926

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2020, 09:28   #20
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

The car I was looking at I have agreed to purchase. It’s a 2.0 V6 with Neptune personal line interior, cleanish mot history, seen a video of it running and it sounds good. It was offered at £350 but with an mot and storing it u TIL all this is over I will be paying £400.