Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th May 2020, 22:07   #681
75 tinkerer
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

The badgers have been back so we spent some time replacing the divots. Again. I don't feel quite so bad now about going over a badger in the car on the A32 many years ago.
But being positive, they kept away in April last year when the garden was open for the NGS.

Back to the letter of complaint to British Gas. They finally (after an exchange of a few letters and a 'phone call) accepted my Final Reading and date, and sent me a refund cheque. Then 5 weeks later I received a 'Replacement Bill' with an estimated final reading and a demand for money, then 10 days later another 'Replacement Bill' arrived with the same estimated reading but a changed Calorific Value and an increased demand for money.

So finally I've received the demand from the debt collectors - I'm looking forward to meeting them in Court.

Then some Universal Credit forms to fill in....

But my main activity seems to be looking for things I've put down somewhere....

Pete
75 tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 08:56   #682
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Decided it was time for the first drive of the year for the mini. A John Cooper Si+ S works. Number 1 out of 10 cars converted by John Cooper garages. Owned for 24 years and a huge part of the family. Standard out of the factory, 1275cc and 62 bhp, it’s still 1275cc but now running at around 90 bhp after both conversions, extremely nice to drive but average mpg is around 19 mpg and if driven in anger can kill its clutch in around 600 miles. It generally only covers around 30 miles per year but last year it was invited to the Bella Auto show just outside Newcastle because of it’s rarity so I’m trying to use it more.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 26th May 2020 at 09:10..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 09:07   #683
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Decided it was time for the first drive of the year for the mini. A John Cooper Si+ S works. Number 1 out of 10 cars converted by John Cooper garages. Owned for 24 years and a huge part of the family. Standard out of the factory, 1275cc and 62 bhp, it’s still 1275cc but now running at around 90 bhp after both conversions, extremely nice to drive but average mpg is around 19 mpg and if driven in anger can kill its clutch in around 600 miles. It generally only covers around 30 miles per year but last year it was invited to the Bella Auto show just outside Newcastle because if it’s rarity so I’m trying to use it more.

Birthday treat eh?

Tahiti Blue is one of my favourite colours too

Happy Birthday

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 13:13   #684
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I have finally got around to sharpening all my woodworking tools. I can only use them if fully kitted out with PPE due to an allergy to wood dust, which developed after working with MDF and no PPE ! (Don't do that!) Saw sharpening and setting is one of those labour intensive jobs that is dying out now (throw away saws!). Very satisfying to use a newly sharpened and set saw.
Old 26th May 2020, 13:24   #685
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Decided it was time for the first drive of the year for the mini. A John Cooper Si+ S works. Number 1 out of 10 cars converted by John Cooper garages. Owned for 24 years and a huge part of the family. Standard out of the factory, 1275cc and 62 bhp, it’s still 1275cc but now running at around 90 bhp after both conversions, extremely nice to drive but average mpg is around 19 mpg and if driven in anger can kill its clutch in around 600 miles. It generally only covers around 30 miles per year but last year it was invited to the Bella Auto show just outside Newcastle because of it’s rarity so I’m trying to use it more.

Why is it so thirsty Mark if it's not being driven hard?
VVC-Geeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 15:32   #686
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

More painting .............

and getting cooked out in the sun..

This time its the ornate metal front gate....... not been touched since I made it ...

About 1995 .

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 19:46   #687
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Why is it so thirsty Mark if it's not being driven hard?
It’s almost 30 bhp up on standard with no block work. It’s pretty much the highest spec head with the biggest valves that you can get. There’s 1.5 roller rockers which is similar to having a different cam without having to strip the engine and the inlet and exhaust ports ported. The ecu has allegedly been tuned but I’ve never found what was actually done although I have an idea. The induction has been ‘tuned’ using a specific intake tract and a few other bits I’ve probably forgotten about The car is very revvy and in fourth gear will happily drive at 25mph and it will accelerate quick in normal 4th gear driving enough to overtake without dropping into third. The conversion was one just over 20 years ago at great expense and it still brings a smile every time I drive it. It’s just always been rubbish on fuel, but meets emissions. There are better clutches available now as up until recently you could only get the standard part and at the next change it will get a better one.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2020, 20:56   #688
Rover 75 Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourers(4)400turs(3

Moved a 75 tourer from infront of the garage and took out the R8 cabby gave it a wash & brush up.Will tax it on Monday now that we are going to be allowed out to play.
Rover 75 Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2020, 20:08   #689
marinabrian

MG ZT

Here we have something fairly awful looking, a 21 year old that has been very neglected for far too long.......the stake nuts on these shafts are tightened to 400Nm, and needed to come off so I can disassemble everything in readiness for the refurbishment to begin in earnest.

I bought this car for my wife when it was four years old in 2003, and it was her everyday transport until I bought my first 75 Tourer.

So many times I've contemplated scrapping this car, and could never bring myself to do so

If it were not for this little car, I would have not been determined to become self sufficient diagnostically, not bought a broken TestBook 1, which I repaired, then taught myself how to use it, which lead to eventually buying a T4 system.

The rest as they say is history.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stakes.jpg (125.8 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg stake1.jpg (133.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg stake2.jpg (139.9 KB, 217 views)
Old 8th June 2020, 14:25   #690
marinabrian

MG ZT

Hmm, slightly off the beaten track, but when I ordered up the belts for the Freelander, I thought it prudent to invest in a new belt for this.......

Despite the sage advice handed out by some on here, I think despite the passage of only 700 miles since the last change, it may be prudent to change this before starting the car.

With a multibuy discount applied at the eBay checkout for the belt, it came to a horrendous £7.99

By the way, the black stuff at the back isn't oil, it's the remnants of the grommets that secure the cover

On the plus side, they only take about ten minutes to fit, and don't require an essay over several weeks unlike a KV6

Better still, I have a new tensioner in stock

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg belt.jpg (129.1 KB, 126 views)