Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th March 2020, 17:31   #51
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I am a parcel courier, with the so called 'key worker status'.

Not sure how delivering fashion lines of tat and other such rubbish is key work. But at least we are doing our bit by inadvertantly spreading the virus.

Can't believe how HMG has not cracked down on unnecessary deliveries when people can't get food delivered.
Nantwich 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 20:00   #52
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
I’m a mechanic and MOT tester so still working
Souls of Olney closed today so no more MOT's or spanner work for me, last MOT of the day and i failed it big time
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 20:17   #53
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I'm a contractor working on factory food packaging lines, so no more work unless it is business critical, i.e. the site engineers can't fix it.

Time to sort out all those jobs around the house that I've been putting off for Gawd knows how long - I'm sure Mrs Noc can give you accurate dates though.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 20:47   #54
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantwich 75 View Post
I am a parcel courier, with the so called 'key worker status'.

Not sure how delivering fashion lines of tat and other such rubbish is key work. But at least we are doing our bit by inadvertantly spreading the virus.

Can't believe how HMG has not cracked down on unnecessary deliveries when people can't get food delivered.
Oh dear this could get out of hand, if you are spreading the virus, then stop! Why are you putting people at risk, don't you think that is selfish?

Taking another view, by parcel delivery you are employed and you are able to afford to pay so there are benefits, you also help to keep other people employed and so there is another benefit.
Delivery is less likely to spread the virus then people going to the shops.
You are helping to keep some normality to peoples lives. It will also reduce the number of people out and about, you do 10 deliveries instead of 10 people going to the shops.
If your company is forced to stop then all companies would have to stop to be fair and that could prevent important things from getting through.

Do you actually know what is in each package?

I'm ordering stuff to come by post instead of going to the shops. There is a risk of contamination from touching the parcel.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 20:56   #55
BigShug20

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile

Have been very fortunate for the company I work for. Closed shops well before the lockdown and still being paid etc. Very fortunate as means I can help family out during this time. Wishing everyone well during such a bizarre time! Stay safe!
BigShug20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 21:45   #56
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Working flat out as HGV driver. Came back to it after 14 years off and I'm enjoying it. Could not have predicted this crisis but has certainly focused the mind on the job in hand. We're moving Christmas levels of milk, butter, cream and powder all over the country. My wife is isolating having been put on 80% pay but I'm still afraid of taking it home to her.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 28th March 2020, 09:52   #57
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Im also plateing th motorway in my C+E and off to Stansted early tomorrow for some world wide goods. Came back from Middlesbrough th other day and it was a pleasure never came off cruise even in th evening rush hour around jun 28 on th M62, un heard of that.... Butt strangely there does seem quite a lot of elderly drivers out there in cars. I wonder were they are going??
Old 28th March 2020, 10:58   #58
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

A friend of mine who works in the NEC is now working 7 days a week with the army setting up the second Nightingale hospital, they are working on it 24/7 and hope to have it up and running in about a week to 10 days.

With the one in London, Manchester and I here Cardiff hopefully they will have the capacity to cope with what ever this virus can do.

Keep safe.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 11:49   #59
victorgte

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
Im also plateing th motorway in my C+E and off to Stansted early tomorrow for some world wide goods. Came back from Middlesbrough th other day and it was a pleasure never came off cruise even in th evening rush hour around jun 28 on th M62, un heard of that.... Butt strangely there does seem quite a lot of elderly drivers out there in cars. I wonder were they are going??
I was wondering that too? Why are they out? Leigh Delamere Services yesterday only 4 people in the whole building. Apocalypse

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 29th March 2020, 09:19   #60
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
A friend of mine who works in the NEC is now working 7 days a week with the army setting up the second Nightingale hospital, they are working on it 24/7 and hope to have it up and running in about a week to 10 days.

With the one in London, Manchester and I here Cardiff hopefully they will have the capacity to cope with what ever this virus can do.

Keep safe.
Hi Steve.
I have a sneaky feeling these so called pop up hospitals are really going to be I am afraid to say death camps, keep all the infected in one place so as not to infect the real hospitals, I also know that real hospitals are infected already and overwhelmed hopefully I am wrong the same goes for the nurse & doctors who have been asked to come out of retirement cannon fodder as they said in the world wars.

I say this because if its true and I have no doubt its not that these
courageous men & women will not have the proper protective clothing / gear they need and I believe it is true as I doubt any nurse or doctor need to lie.

One big thank you from me for all those that are out there still working in what ever form, postmen/women, lorry drivers, care workers, nurses doctors, supermarket workers,

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote