Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st July 2020, 10:49   #211
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Your last reference---SWEDEN.

There are people who are really diligent and are doing exactly what they should do, but there are too many who don’t,” said Elisabeth Asbrink, a Swedish author, freelance journalist and prominent critic of the government’s approach. In parts of Stockholm, “people are doing all the things they usually do, as if there’s no need to keep a distance”, she continued. “I’ve also visited Malmo (Sweden’s third-biggest city) and there’s a lot of people there who think they can’t die, somehow; they think they’re unapproachable by this disease.”

That last sentence---A British attitude.---

( Rather like most Brits think everybody else should learn to speak English )---When they go on holiday abroad they don't like to be surrounded by all those Foreigners speaking some weird language.---Lol. )
Old 21st July 2020, 17:14   #212
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Getting a test tomorrow
Old 21st July 2020, 17:24   #213
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Getting a test tomorrow
Best of luck.. Don't forget, let us know how you get on ASAP.--
Old 21st July 2020, 18:09   #214
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Had to pop into my local town centre's Boots today as my 'script has gone astray for some reason or other. Now as a shielder strictly speaking I shouldn't but I carried out my my own R/A of the situation and decided to go out. Well what an experience. Some have masks, others didn't, some kept their distance, others not bothered. As for the Pharmacist? No mask

I wore my mask in the chemist and kept my distance from others, especially those who were not masked up. Guess neither my wife or myself will be doing much real shopping over the coming months. But that is our decision.

PS they didn't have my med's so have to go again tomorrow.

Just for the record, I'm a severe asthmatic and have had three near fatal attacks. One, I am reliably informed, was close, very close. For those wondering why I decided to go out just for my 'script, I didn't really have much choice and I refuse to let my condition dictate too much. Even in these times.
Old 21st July 2020, 18:40   #215
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

What you saw is just typical, I do the shopping twice a week for our next door neighbours who are both shielding as they are over 75.

As you experienced whilst shopping some wear masks and even gloves, others nothing at all and will actually reach over you to grab something they want from the shelves.

I have always worn mask and gloves and take my own hand sanitiser, the lack of respect for others health and safety is astonishing.

The strange thing is there seems to be no in between, people appear to be all or nothing

It would appear that as this has gone on some people have lost their fear of this. To be honest i'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 22nd July 2020 at 05:48..
Old 21st July 2020, 18:47   #216
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
What you saw is just typical, I do the shopping twice a week for our next door neighbours who are both shielding as they are over 75.

As you experienced wghilst shopping some wear masks and even gloves, others nothing at all and will actually reach over you to grab something they want from the shelves.

I have always worn mask and gloves and take my own hand sanitiser, the lack of respect for others health and safety is astonishing.

The strange thig is there seems to be no in between, people appear to be all or nothing

It would appear that as this has gone on some people have lost their fear of this. To be honest i'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing
If people are acting this way now, then I suspect that they will get more and more complacent as time goes on. I also think if the government had gone for an earlier and harder lock down then they would have been chaos of biblical proportions in the UK.

We can see now in Europe the figures on the rise along with the restrictions being put back into place. Hope to goodness the vaccines and treatments work, otherwise.....
Old 21st July 2020, 19:40   #217
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

The wifes daughter has just returned from a week in the south of Spain, the resort they ended up at was not the one they had booked due to it being locked down due to a local out break of Covid 19. They ended up having too hire a car as the coach that was supposed to take them to there resort ( 3 hours from the airport) never arrived.

On arrival they were pleasantly surprised as the hotel was better than the one they had booked but sadly out of the 250+rooms there was only 6 couples in the hole place, the local town was shut down bar a couple of local bars, the beach was deserted and luckily the hotel had a restaurant or they would have starved as nothing was open.

To say she is disappointed from the experience is an under statement, she does enjoy a good party and not having a quite holiday. They have spent a lot more than they expected as the food and alcohol in the hotel was not cheap.

I suppose it is to be expected, what did surprise her was the airports at both ends were almost empty. They did get a great deal on the hire car and they were even upgraded for no extra charge.

Her final words tonight on the phone were '' that was not what I expected and I wont be going back until things get back to normal''
Old 21st July 2020, 20:48   #218
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
The wifes daughter has just returned from a week in the south of Spain, .................................................
Her final words tonight on the phone were '' that was not what I expected and I wont be going back until things get back to normal''
Well, sorry, but what did they expect?
Old 21st July 2020, 22:20   #219
SCP440

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Well, sorry, but what did they expect?
She was expecting to be like last year when she spent a week either partying or having fun on the beach.

I did warn her but apparently I was being negative and she had seen it was all open on the news.

My reason for posting was to warn anybody who is going and expecting the usual Spain experience is not going to get it.

Not trying to be negative about all this but I think it will be a few years before we can expect what we consider normal returning.
Old 22nd July 2020, 07:00   #220
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
[SIZE=

That last sentence---A British attitude.---

( Rather like most Brits think everybody else should learn to speak English )---When they go on holiday abroad they don't like to be surrounded by all those Foreigners speaking some weird language.---Lol. )
I have only been abroad 3 times but would always try and learn some native language before travelling there