Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th July 2020, 14:54   #1
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

Unhappy Sad times. I will be leaving the club :(

First off, for some reason, I can't post a classified. Any idea why?

Long story short, my 2.0 Diesel tourer has reached the end of his life with me. Ceiling lining is dropping, hydromount is leaking, tyre wear is getting less and less even, front end rust reapearing after repair. He still pulls like a bull and drives great, but now the new human child is about I'm can't justify the on-going maintainance.

Looking to sell, but have no idea what to ask for it (2004, 170k). Garage offering me part ex for £200. But I don't want to see him become a cube.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Anyone want him? Anyone want any bits of him?

I don't want to do this

Sympathies welcomed.

Fubar.
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 15:05   #2
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

Long story short, my 2.0 Diesel tourer has reached the end of his life with me. Ceiling lining is dropping, hydromount is leaking, tyre wear is getting less and less even, front end rust reapearing after repair. He still pulls like a bull and drives great, but now the new human child is about I'm can't justify the on-going maintainance.

Looking to sell, but have no idea what to ask for it (2004, 170k). Garage offering me part ex for £200. But I don't want to see him become a cube.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Anyone want him? Anyone want any bits of him?

I don't want to do this

Sympathies welcomed.

Fubar.

You need to become a fully paid up member (£10) to post adverts
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 15:15   #3
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

Oh bottom.

Oh well, TBH, for the help I've gotten from this Forum (and a general desire to see Rovers on the road still) it's a price well paid.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=306226 - It's done....

Last edited by Fubar; 7th July 2020 at 15:49.. Reason: Link :)
Old 7th July 2020, 18:14   #4
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

We are also thinking of fading into the background, when we lived down south Dawn and Myself would attend the regular get togethers and have made a lot of good friends, one being Derek and Lilian Best aka! Windrush, I have his beloved Black Pearl and cherish it, Lilian asked if I wanted it and will have it for keeps.

The upshot is there are no regular meets up here and we miss them most dearly I don't use the cars as often as I should and it is with heart shall be advertising my BRG V6 Automatic very shortly through lack of use.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 18:26   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar View Post

I don't want to do this

Sympathies welcomed.

Fubar.

You can still pop in from time to time to let us know how you are getting on. And seeing as you are now a fully paid up member it makes sense to hang around.
But best of luck for the future.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 18:29   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

We are also thinking of fading into the background, when we lived down south Dawn and Myself would attend the regular get togethers and have made a lot of good friends, one being Derek and Lilian Best aka! Windrush, I have his beloved Black Pearl and cherish it, Lilian asked if I wanted it and will have it for keeps.

The upshot is there are no regular meets up here and we miss them most dearly I don't use the cars as often as I should and it is with heart shall be advertising my BRG V6 Automatic very shortly through lack of use.

Rev.
Well the meets are even thinner now. Not much happening down here either. I can fully understand why people need to move on. Our cars are not getting any younger and nor are we.

Hopefully our paths will cross again in the not too distant future Jules. Regards to Dawn and your credit card.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 19:29   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Well the meets are even thinner now. Not much happening down here either. I can fully understand why people need to move on. Our cars are not getting any younger and nor are we.

Hopefully our paths will cross again in the not too distant future Jules. Regards to Dawn and your credit card.
Hi Jules. What’s all this talk about going awol? I know how you feel about there not being any get together at the moment, but everything passes, and hopefully there may be at least one or two meetings this year yet. And another thing, we still need another trip to Holland sometime. We have put all our holidays on hold for this year. Not even going to see my son in Germany. He was coming over four times this year, but has had to put that on hold. Frustrating at the least. Anyway, if you are not using the cars so much now, I can see why you want to get rid of one. My diesel is now on sorn while I try the KV6 Connie out. Must admit I am enjoying the auto box. Just got to get the belts done now. Best wishes to you and your young lady.
Old 7th July 2020, 20:59   #8
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Jules. What’s all this talk about going awol? I know how you feel about there not being any get together at the moment, but everything passes, and hopefully there may be at least one or two meetings this year yet. And another thing, we still need another trip to Holland sometime. We have put all our holidays on hold for this year. Not even going to see my son in Germany. He was coming over four times this year, but has had to put that on hold. Frustrating at the least. Anyway, if you are not using the cars so much now, I can see why you want to get rid of one. My diesel is now on sorn while I try the KV6 Connie out. Must admit I am enjoying the auto box. Just got to get the belts done now. Best wishes to you and your young lady.
Hi Dave how are you keeping, it’s such a crying shame just sitting there no point in taxing and insuring it, hopefully it will go to some who can put it to good use.
Take care buddy, might be seeing you in the near future.

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 21:36   #9
Fubar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer

I never made a meet up. Only ever met one of you (shout out to Chris who is, at this moment, trying to talk me into keeping the old boy).

If I had the space, I would gladly keep tinkering away. But with a 3year old who wants to do EVERYTHING but still can't hold the right end of a hammer and a lack of drive space, it's not particularly tenable.

I've had a fair few memories that I shall now bore you all with.
  • Braking down just outside of North Wales and needing a 6 hour tow home.
  • 3 months dealing with a dealer who didn't want to honour the warranty (but did at the cost of 3 injectors and a battery)
  • The clutch slave giving out
  • The clutch master giving out
  • Having them both give out again
  • Fitting a Tazu upgrade which hasn't given me an ounce of drama.
  • Having the gearbox shred on me.
  • Fitting a new gearbox (first time I jacked an engine out)
  • Rebuilding rear subframe
  • Repairing rust on bumper and the joys of filler in 30C summer heat.
  • Drop link replacement.
  • Drop link replacement.
  • Drop link replacement.
  • (Seriously, lesson learned, don't buy cheap droplinks)
  • Finding I've had broken rear spings for ages despite passing MOTs (and then replacing)
  • Car just dying in a blaze of cluster lights. On the motorway. The M27. With no hardshoulder. And not even enough battery juice to power my hazards.
  • Subsequent attempted rebuild of alternator.
  • Subsequent slip, bleeding and swearing.
  • Subsequent purchase and fitting of new alternator.
  • Patching the diesel leak that was merrily pumping out over the alternator (probably why it died)
  • Getting a new (cheap) MAF and being horrified by the lack of go juice.
  • Unplugging MAF and being delighted by the go juice.
  • Regretting not having aircon in summer heat.
  • Forgetting about not having air con in the winter.
  • ...etc
  • Becoming a McGyver at inpromtu tools and wrench jacking.
  • And last but not least. Driving into a bush in a car park, right infront of my parents who happened to be sat in the car in the bay opposite >.<.
Good time. Ah well, finance secured. New car in sight. No part Ex, so the future is still not written...

Fubar.
Old 7th July 2020, 22:57   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Hi Dave how are you keeping, it’s such a crying shame just sitting there no point in taxing and insuring it, hopefully it will go to some who can put it to good use.
Take care buddy, might be seeing you in the near future.

Rev.
Jules. I am keeping the diesel in the garage ,sorned, just got the refunded tax today. I have insured it for theft, accidental damage and fire for £75 for 12 months. I will decide in 12 months time which one has got to go. Like you I don’t find it very clever keeping two cars and not using them. However, there are a few little jobs that need doing to it that I can get done at my leisure.It will be started weekly and moved about to stop the tyres getting a flat on them.It is mot’d until March next year so if I need to get it up and running I can do so. And another thing, I can get it mot’d in June next year instead of getting under it in freezing conditions in February to service it for the mot. Would be nice to have a meet up when all this Chinese thingy has finished trying to wipe us out. I