Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th February 2017, 15:59   #1
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts
Default Alanjay passed away in Hospital last night

Hi All,

It is with great regret that I must advise you that Alanjay (Alan Hester) has passed away in Farnham Hospital following a Cancer related illness, with multiple complications, lasting 18 weeks.
I have visited him on a weekly basis, since late November at Guildford and Farnham Hospitals. From January onward I collected some of his neighbours from Merrow and took them to see him. Our last visit was on Thursday with his friends Fred and Hilda. Bit surprised to see Alan was surrounded by large Oxygen bottles due to fluid build up on his lungs. He was hoping to return to his Flat today with an NHS funded carer 24/7. He was aware he only had six weeks left and wanted to spend that time in his home at Merrow.

My wife Sheila took a call this morning from Alan's sister Linda to let me know the news so I could advise his friends at our Heckfield meet this morning.
Fred also called me this afternoon to confirm I was aware of the situation. He said Alan's brother David saw him at 8.30 a.m. last night but was called back at 10.00 a.m. and Alan had already passed.
Fred understands Alan will be Cremated at Aldershot Crematorium, When I have the details I will post them on this thread.

Last edited by harrisop48; 12th February 2017 at 16:02..
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote