Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Yorkshire & North Lincolnshire
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2011, 15:42   #11
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie66 View Post
I think you are totally out of order having a dig at our RS Actros.
We have had a great meet at Elvington and 2 Nano meets at Andy Willi's this year so far. Bearing in mind that we are still in April i personally think thats not bad going.
Brian also mentioned at the pride of Longbridge that he fully intends to organize another meet at Thrybrough also.
Another thing to think about is that we have already had a National meet(which he attended),Pride of Longbridge(also attended), York meet (ditto), 2 Nano meets(ditto again) and is also representing along with myself and others our club in Germany in June. Also in his "spare" time he runs the clubs shop also!

Busy guy to say he "isn't bothered" as you call it.

Graham
i've already commented on this else where but fair to say i have seen Actros at many events inc a few up north and at least twice very near York . i don't think it will be necessary to post the photos which i have which prove he does get about to these things some of which he has run and at times even asked me in person about some of them i look forward to next years POL and hope that we all will have all have things to be hopeful over longbridge

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible

Last edited by starbug2; 19th April 2011 at 15:44..
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 17:47   #12
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemac View Post
I can see no connection what so ever between the Gryphon Award and a meet being organised where Garry turned up once. IMHO it is unbecoming to try and take credit for something the Owners Club organised based on such a tenuous link.

This is simply not true. Any member can organise a meet, the RS's are there to help if needed. Out of the 5 planned meets in my area I have only been involved in two. NCFC1950 (Ian) is doing a sterling job on the Jurassic Coast meet and should take all the credit for that. In fact, two of the meets in this area have been organised by other clubs altogether, not even by the Owners Club members let alone an RS.
If you want a Yorkie meet, then for goodness sake organise one. I am sure there are plenty of members of BOTH forums that would like to attend.

Steve if you knew anything about Garry and I suggest you go back over the old threads,you would understand that if I hadnt organised the first yorkie meets then no-one would know anything about Garry, therefore there is no doubt that Gryphon award simply wouldnt exist,after we met him at the meet organised by MYSELF, people found out he was diagnosed as terminally ill, he showed himself to be a VERY courageous man, who people admired,which is why the Club then decided to honour him,
I take no credit for the award, just the fact I organised the first Yorkie meets, and I find your atttitude towards myself unbecoming from a gentleman,
Old 19th April 2011, 17:55   #13
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

The nanos at Andys werent organised by Brian, (Actros)nor was the National,nor the pride of Longbridge.
I did suggest organising a Yorkshire meet and was told quite firmly in a pm,by a mod,that it is Brians job now to organise the Yorkshire meets, which is why Ive now brought the subject up,and seeing Ive been told I cant organise it ,I opened the thread to show Actros if theres any interest in it, I did pm him a long time ago,about the Yorkie meets, but got no reply, thats why I said it looks like he cant be bothered, after all if he cant be bothered to reply to a pm, !!!!!!!!
I didnt say he wasnt busy, I said he,s letting the yorkshire side down,and as hes the yorkshire secretary maybe he should think about it a little bit more

Anyone that knows me, knows I dont blow my own trumpet, Ive done a lot of things ,for the club, ie giving generously for raffles ,organising meets, a lot of members know how much Tim and I have done for charity,so to suggest Id take credit for something that wasnt my doing is completely untrue and unfair, I was simply making a point.that if I hadnt organised the meets no-one would of met Gryphon, so wouldnt of known what a brave man he was, so therefore the award wouldnt of existed, thats just plain COMMON SENSE,not me taking credit for the award, but me taking credit for organising the first yorkie meets,
AND THATS MY FINAL WORD ON THE MATTER, THE WAY IVE BEEN INSULTED ON THIS SITE AGAIN !!! SHOWS ME WHY I PREFER THE OTHERSIDE WHERE THE GENTLEMEN REMEMBER TO BEHAVE LIKE GENTLEMEN

Although I do have a few friends on here, as I,ve just had a lovely call, telling me that there are plans to have me banned,
WHY for speaking my mind, I thought freedom of speech hadnt been abolished,or is that just on this site.OR reminding men they,re meant to act like gentlemen,

Last edited by timbop6wife; 19th April 2011 at 19:23..
timbop6wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 18:15   #14
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

The Yorkie meets were a monthly event, at Thryburgh park, it was always done on a Saturday , it was just a catch up for the people who lived in Yorkshire, with a couple of honoury Yorkshire men,(midlanders)who nearly always attended,
the park has a cafe , a playpark, and a nice lake to walk around,
It was an informal meeting for like minded people.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:43   #15
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Maybe a Pm to the RS would of been a bit more tactful than trying to show him/her up on a public forum.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:51   #16
timbop6wife
Gets stuck in

passenger in rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwh74 View Post
Maybe a Pm to the RS would of been a bit more tactful than trying to show him/her up on a public forum.
'

that unfortunately was done a long time ago with no reply, !!!!
and I didnt bring the subject up in the other thread, which is why Ive now opened this thread, to see if there is enough interest for nim to organise one now, I was told quite bluntly by a mod in a pm,when the regional secretarys came about that is was not my place to do the organising anymore,
the nanos at your place are different I presume, as its in your place, but when I get told by a mod its not my place to organise the yorkie meets anymore Im obviously not going to do it,
so if theres enough interest on this thread maybe he can organise one
although he was reading this thread a few minutes ago and didnt even comment, so you need to draw your own conclusions on whether one will be organised, I cant do it on this forum, after being told by one mod its not my place, but then another says I can, Im not starting to organise one for the thread to be deleted,
So Brian over to you, youre the only one on this forum that can organise the yorkie meert at Thryburgh, as youre the secretary

Last edited by timbop6wife; 19th April 2011 at 19:28..
timbop6wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 22:25   #17
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I am staying out of any row but i guess i am one of the honorary Yorkies who used to attend these meets, but at that time these were monthly i also used to organise regular Midlands meets at Chasewater every 4/6 weeks and we also had a combined Midlands Yorkie meet at Carsington Water every 3 momths.

These meets have not disappeared entirely but there has been an explosion of other meets since then giving people more choice and it now seems that there is one almost every week somewhere or other to choose from which has to be good but might also explain why meets at some of the " older " venues are getting few and far between, thats my fourpenneth anyway

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 22:29   #18
Timbo.P6
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR T SE WITH MISSING SATNAV ROVER P6 2000 SC

For those who wonder what this is all about just type Gryphon, and it will bring up the whole situation, and you guys are well out of order, and need to apologise to Heather,and this doesnt make the club look good treating women badly,
Heather made a good point, and to keep on slagging her off in other threads is really bad,and as I said makes the club look bad
no wonder people are going elsewhere, its friendlier,and less stress, thats why I didnt renew my subscription,
Hopefully by the time this meet comes around things will be a lot friendlier

Last edited by Timbo.P6; 19th April 2011 at 22:34..
Timbo.P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 22:30   #19
Timbo.P6
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR T SE WITH MISSING SATNAV ROVER P6 2000 SC

you are certainly one of the honoury Yorkies Rob
Timbo.P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 00:06   #20
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I originally raised the subject on tother side (highjacked someones thread ) , coz whilst it isn't the nearest meet to me, it was-is my favorite meeting. And whilst not being a Yorkie and certainly no sort of honery member yer honer I found the people at the meetings about the most sociable bunch I ever met...

As for calling a meet, I do it if I want too.. In fact I have arranged one for the 15th of May (details under Convoy to Colwyn bay). So if someone fancies a meeting, go ahead and arrange it.. Simplzz innit..

PS... I wouldn't try to arrange a Yorkie meet, coz some of you know where I live innit..

Last edited by James.uk; 20th April 2011 at 00:12..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote