Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th March 2018, 19:36   #1
dhr90

Rover 75 Tourer

Default clutch/gearbox issues

This morning all was fine, drove to work without a problem or anything feeling different. Leaving work this evening was a different kettle of fish however.
Engine started fine, let off handbrake and lifted clutch and it instantly stalled. Was stuck in gear and clutch pedal stuck down. Pulled it up and out of gear, started again and able to engage reverse and back into the space, it moved back and forth a bit and had no problems around the car park other than the bite point being wafer thin and the heavy section being much further into the travel and it feeling very light and springy.

Got going home, had one repeat of the above on the way home going from 2nd to 3rd off a roundabout, got to my town (people behind didn't appreciate my even slower than normal driving), got it into town and into 2nd, then had to stop at some traffic lights, and it just wouldn't go back into gear. Pushed to the side of the road. Eventually coaxed home in 1st gear.

I can see where between the gearbox and engine joins there is a leak, looks to have been from the front/upper front area, but I can't get the right angle to see properly just where it is from.

So, here is my plead for help, what is the fault/likely fault? What is a garage likely to charge? Anyone here able to help? Please?
dhr90 is offline   Reply With Quote