Notices

Old 6th July 2020, 20:26   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Splendid, I think we could do with more of these.............

Or who could forget this classic......

Never find enough Bakelite.--------------------------------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2020, 23:01   #12
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

i see some parallels here in hong kong as to the actions of the chinese authorities. for those of you that remember the idi amin fiasco in uganda in the sixties. this was against the super rich asian community with businesses and heavy bank accounts. he kicked them out eventually but not before he first froze their bank accounts then later emptied them to the state. the uk welcomed this idea and took thousands of decent hard working citizens here many of who came to settle in leicester here where i live and other areas around the country. penniless entrepeneurs are not what boris originally had in mind. china will not let this money go and british passport holders will not be allowed to leave. they will do eventually but not with a bank account thats worth looking at. british businesses will come under the cosh too and they will be along with their bank balances targeted. as the chinese ambassador has already said the uk will pay the price for this interference and will feel the consequences. so if you have been waiting for a council house forget it ... they are already spoken for . this is how i see it may happen but of course i hope im wrong.
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2020, 16:14   #13
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

There’s a lot in what you say. The CCP is very aware of global feelings and the defence mechanisms open to them. Equally, so is the rest of the world.

The E7, seven of the biggest and most economically important countries in the world, get a new election next year – guess who is in the chair for the year? UK gets its turn and as of 1/1/21 UK can freely negotiate tariffs between the 7 for the first time in 47 years.

With the deliberate and pointedly aggressive threats of ‘a big price to pay’ (incidentally for merely seeking to protect home security aspects) coming out of China, feelings are now beginning to coalesce into a much wider grouping to challenge the free ride enjoyed for so long by our Sino friends.

Behind the scenes, obviously, there are preparatory initial friendly discussions taking place within the E7 during this transitory and formal release period.
Old 7th July 2020, 20:02   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
i see some parallels here in hong kong as to the actions of the chinese authorities. for those of you that remember the idi amin fiasco in uganda in the sixties. this was against the super rich asian community with businesses and heavy bank accounts. he kicked them out eventually but not before he first froze their bank accounts then later emptied them to the state. the uk welcomed this idea and took thousands of decent hard working citizens here many of who came to settle in leicester here where i live and other areas around the country. penniless entrepeneurs are not what boris originally had in mind. china will not let this money go and british passport holders will not be allowed to leave. they will do eventually but not with a bank account thats worth looking at. british businesses will come under the cosh too and they will be along with their bank balances targeted. as the chinese ambassador has already said the uk will pay the price for this interference and will feel the consequences. so if you have been waiting for a council house forget it ... they are already spoken for . this is how i see it may happen but of course i hope im wrong.
Surely the folk with really large bank accounts would have the sense to place money elsewhere.--Never carry your eggs all in one basket.

In fact half a dozen baskets would be so much better.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2020, 14:10   #15
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

I remember the rats in a box thing. Increase the number of rats but same size box they started eating each other. Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote