Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2008, 19:54   #131
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briank View Post
Well I bet you all thought I,d gone away or at least you hoped I had, well unfortunately still here and guess what the water pump as decided to leak right behind the big pulley, so I believe that means it needs a new one, it is booked in for one and its 460 notes to fit. I had have been working on the theory that it could be the cooling system that was causing my problem, as the top hose never felt right, always a bit soft, it never felt as though there was any pressure in it even when hot ie after thermosat opened. So I flushed and drained the system even the heater matrix because the heater never got hot, I thought this might do the trick, but the heater still didnt get hot and the top hose still felt a bit soft even when hot, on giving it a few presses and the same with other water hoses, low and behold I noticed the leak right behind the pulley, does anyone think that the lack of pressure in the water system could be an issue with the oil light, and does anyone have any idea how much labour charges I would save if I had the oil pump checked at the same time as they are fitting new water pump. Thanks in antisipation

Hi, the water pump would have no bearing on the oil light I'm afraid, equally, I don't think you'd save any money by combining the two repairs.
Old 10th May 2008, 17:27   #132
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Okay here goes at the risk of sending you all to sleep and getting myself thrown off this site, Here is the latest, I have had new oil pump ,water pump and thermostat, several new gaskets and belts at a cost of over a grand(hells bells) this shows my stickability
The oil light situation is better in as much as the car as to be run a lot further before the oil light flickers at tickover, my car ticks over at 600 revs but even the slightest increase puts out the light, now I live in the stoke on trent area and my nearest Rover Garage who carried out the work but state that its not possible to give my car any extra revs. I note from reading on the site that the revs are governed by the ECU, does anyone know of anyone who maybe as a mobile unit you would help with the rev issue. there is a landrover garage not to far away would they have the wearabouts to analysise and may give me a few more revs. I think these low rev are an issue as the Haynes manual states 750 plus or minus 50.
Briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 17:29   #133
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I am also persuaded that the oil cooler could have a bearing. can anyone give me information on how to check the oil cooler unit, I mean is it servicable and how
Old 10th May 2008, 18:38   #134
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Hi Brian, I suppose the oil cooler could be blocked a bit if it had hgf before. I don't think the revs are the issue, but I could well be wrong. When it is on the diagnostic system, they shoud be able to see what the revs are at as the diagnostic tester should also display them.
Old 10th May 2008, 18:46   #135
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I have one of the ELM 327 (ver 1.2a) plug in readers, my rev counter shows 600 to 650rpm. my reader however shows a steady 754rpm.

This would suggest your revs, if they are showing the same as mine are infact correct. Have you had the tickover checked by anything other than the rev counter?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2008, 18:50   #136
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

the answer I have only have the rev counter to guide me, so that could be fooling me
Old 10th May 2008, 18:52   #137
Briank
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

okay how easy or difficult is the oil cooler to check and how do I do it
Old 10th May 2008, 18:54   #138
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Yep, fooled me too Brian, earler in this post if I am not mistaken. Just got my reader yesterday and when I plugged it into my laptop and obd2 port I saw the tickover rate I thought about your problem. Sorry mate.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2009, 20:37   #139
adam1978
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 190

sell it!!!