Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th September 2021, 08:55   #13011
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

[QUOTE- we are definitely getting rare[/QUOTE]

and more valuable? prices do seem to be rising.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2021, 09:10   #13012
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Removed the CD Autochanger from the glovebox, stripped it and lubricated the mechanisms. All working fine again - second time I have carried out this task in twenty odd years.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2021, 12:21   #13013
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Finally got the Zed back on the road after being a wee bit poorly over the past 4 weeks. She managed to totaly lunch her handbrake shoes, sounding like a washing machine full of bolts. Typical timing of holiday then prep for my daughter going to uni and the looming MoT meant it was a garage job as I just didn't have a 'window of opportunity' to do it myself. Just as well - apparently all the bolts were seized and everything was a pig to get off.
Now I just need to find a filling station without a flippin' great queue!
Old 24th September 2021, 17:08   #13014
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Decided to fill up the Connie this morning. No not panic buying.I had decided that when I got down past a quarter tank, there were 38 miles range left on the computer read out,so went to the nearest BP garage to do the deed. No queue, but across the road, Tesco, they were queuing up.Filled up with the best gravy on site, 97 octane .Will see what difference there is with the mpg, and how it copes with the champagne, must be at the price. Worked it out that it is not much different to using the cheapest fuel and putting Redex in the cheap stuff. We shall see.
Old 25th September 2021, 12:40   #13015
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Fitted new VIS motors, kindly supplied by stocktake, took about twenty minutes from start to finish, luckily, the balance valve was free and didn't need any fettling

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 07:56   #13016
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

MOT sorted for another year!
Bit of a route to get it though.

Failed on Friday with knackered front drop links and a fuel leak from the tank. Thought the worst and so did the garage.
All change on Monday. Drop links sorted and the tank leak was the big knurled ring that holds the fuel pump gubbins in place was loose. Evertime I went over a speedbump or cornered a little 'too vigourously' (it's an MG, it's supposed to!) then some of Esso's finest diesel ended up on the road. I know the previous owner had changed the pump, so I guess the 'big white plasticky bit' hadn't seated properly in the tank when he screwed the ring down and had finally settled during the last 18 months.
Only advisory was the front pads were heading towards minimum. That's one for next year and hopefully I can do that myself.
Been an expensive 2021 for the old girl and the other two on the drive. Roll on a cheaper 2022!
Old 5th October 2021, 17:30   #13017
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default Hand brake

I adjusted the handbrake on my 2.5 auto. Rather than try and get at the screw adjuster through the hole in the brake disc hub, I took the calliper and brake disc off. This was a relatively straightforward task; undo the two 13mm bolts that hold the calliper on and then slide it off the brake disc. Then undo the torx screw that holds the brake disc in place. Slide the the brake disc/hub off the handbrake shoes. wind the adjuster out and repeatedly trial fit the hub back over the brake shoes. Once the brake disc/hub fits with the minimum of turning 'drag', put the whole lot back together. Repeat for the other side.
Obviously all of this was made easier by the fact I'd had to replace everything (back plate, shoes, disc et al) 18 months ago as it was a rusting, seized, disgusting mess.
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 18:02   #13018
Herbert75
Regular poster

Rover 75 connoisseur

I will be out bright n early to clean my 75 conn in th morning weather permitting of course has any member got any mats for the 75 either logo or number in grey in exchange for or money thx mark
Herbert75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2021, 22:59   #13019
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My new ZT-T is now in the garage.
On Saturday we used the F-150 to pull the remains of the wrecked ZT
out of the garage and up the slope to the street then rolled it down the hill onto the trailer. Happily it went on first try.
It's now gone on to it's final resting place at my mate Jeff's house where it can be used as a source of parts for us both.
Now to do a bit of work on the ZT-T to get it ready for our Provincial safety check. Hopefully it will be on the road late next week.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 5th October 2021 at 23:08..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2021, 17:16   #13020
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
My new ZT-T is now in the garage.
On Saturday we used the F-150 to pull the remains of the wrecked ZT
out of the garage and up the slope to the street then rolled it down the hill onto the trailer. Happily it went on first try.
It's now gone on to it's final resting place at my mate Jeff's house where it can be used as a source of parts for us both.
Now to do a bit of work on the ZT-T to get it ready for our Provincial safety check. Hopefully it will be on the road late next week.

[IMG][/IMG]
Hello Rich,
How is the ZT-T coming along?
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote