Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st October 2021, 10:16   #81
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post

Crazy thing is were such a small emissions emitter in the world, if we shut every
industry here it would not even make any difference to world emissions but our Govt is agonising over this 2050 zero emissions target..............

hypothetical theories and proposals but it keeps the fringes and industrialists happy.
Got me why you guys are complying with Euro standards when your not even in the EU anymore.

That's not true. Australia is the world's largest producer and exporter of coal. Also, one of the key lobbyists against moving away from coal. Therefore Net-Zero is a major consideration for Australia.

Anyone who lives near say the North Circular or indeed anywhere in one of our major cities is likely to appreciate compliance with Euro standards. One only has to look at the colour of houses painted white next to our major roads to see why.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 10:32   #82
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

It's all part of the long con.

For 50 years they have tried to get people to convert to gas boilers, and when they got them to 77% average they are immediately saying time to move over to heat pumps.

Which are NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- brilliant, but the price of them the average consumer will never be able to afford it.

Time to bite the bullet, and accept nuclear power is our answer so we are not strangled by foreign countries.

Jesus just build it on the Isle of mann for gods sake. Lol.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 21st October 2021 at 10:41..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2021, 10:43   #83
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair View Post

Time to bite the bullet, and accept nuclear power is our answer so we are not strangled by foreign countries.
Lol.

This is digressing from the original post's topic, but do you not think that depends on who owns the nuclear power station and where you get the nuclear fuel (which starts off with being mined)?
Old 21st October 2021, 10:43   #84
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Greater Manchester's CAZ's start on the 30th May next year. The installation of 850 ANPR cameras & 2000 signage has already started.

Manchester
Salford
Bolton
Bury
Rochdale
Stockport
Tameside
Wigan
Oldham
Trafford

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:37   #85
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson Rover Repair View Post

For 50 years they have tried to get people to convert to gas boilers, and when they got them to 77% average they are immediately saying time to move over to heat pumps.

Which are NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- brilliant, but the price of them the average consumer will never be able to afford it.

Jesus just build it on the Isle of mann for gods sake. Lol.
Geez, i think your fooling yourself if you think nuclear power is pollution free.
I produces highly dangerous stuff called radioactive isotopes with a toxic half life
of 100,000 years and will make any area it is released in uninhabitable.
Also need to find somewhere to bury the stuff so it wont kill anyone.
Yep, Australia is the second largest exporter of coal but i think our govt is at least trying to have a technology (hydrogen) to transition into green energy but not commit to unrealistic commitments that no technology yet exists for.
All these world leaders will commit to somthing but whether there countries will
keep the lights on and houses warm in the short term remains to be seen.
I will say one thing, if it comes to a choice between having a warm house and the lights with reliable base load power on at a reasonable cost versus being cold, no lights and expensive subsidised green power i know what the average punter would want.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:26   #86
Rp61973
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Classic

Electric boilers are (in some respects) better than ASHPs because:

1. They are cheaper to buy and install and are compatible with the existing heating layout and controls.
2. They are cheaper to service.
3. They are 100% efficient.
4. They do not struggle to meet the hot water and heating demand when the external temperature drops.
5. They are not noisy like ASHPs.

But the problem is, on a comparable with a traditional boiler they are extremely expensive to operate given that the unit rate cost of electric (p/kWh) is around 5-6 times more expensive than that of gas. ASHPs have a better coefficient of performance than gas and electric boilers and therefore CO2 emissions are reduced significantly.

If the country could produce electricity cheaper with a much lower carbon footprint then electric boilers would be the answer. As it is they are suitable only for flats and bedsits.
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:10   #87
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Greater Manchester's CAZ's start on the 30th May next year. The installation of 850 ANPR cameras & 2000 signage has already started.

Manchester
Salford
Bolton
Bury
Rochdale
Stockport
Tameside
Wigan
Oldham
Trafford

Blimey! The good people of Leeds wont be needing a car according to this https://airqualitynews.com/2021/10/1...nt-need-a-car/

Sheffield will find out next week as to their CAZ. https://airqualitynews.com/2021/10/2...sheffield-caz/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:03   #88
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

London. Biggest shyteole in the country. Birmingham following suit. It’s easy to deal with if everyone did the same. Don’t go to your nearest city if they put the bull tax on cars. The shopkeepers are moaning now about lack of footfall and revenue. If everyone did the same, the shop owners would soon be complaining to city councils, and they would have to rethink their strategy. But of course, most people will just pay up like sheep.
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:10   #89
MSS
This is my second home

There is an alternative - simply ban cars from major cities such as London, Birmingham, etc. and allow only delivery vehicles in/out. This is a little more drastic than ULEZ etc. but would address the pollution problems.

I have spent a lot of time in London and have either taken the train in or left the car at a relatives on the outskirts and always used public transport for travel within outer/inner London. There is no need for cars in the cities yet some families seem to own three/four vehicles.

We care going to have to adjust our ways in order to utilise fossil fuels and energy in general more efficiently.
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:12   #90
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp61973 View Post
Electric boilers are (in some respects) better than ASHPs because:

3. They are 100% efficient.

Only because the inefficiency occurs at generation - around 30% efficient!