stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:11   #162362
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
That was my job for this morning! I couldn't believe that the moss had filled the gutters in the 12 months since I last cleaned them. The local seagulls had taken to fishing out the slugs and snails that had taken up residence in there too, so quite a weight of "stuff" plus seagull poo to make it a very pleasant job - not!

I found it easiest to undo the clips and take it down section by section, clean it and replace with new rubber seals on all the joints. The rain diverter was also full of moss, so that had a clearout too. My neighbour thought that I had fitted new guttering!

Luckily, it's a bungalow, so after my previous fall off the steps earlier in the year, it has been a confidence booster!

We get a heck of a lot of lumps of moss on the north side of the house & I'm not looking forward to going up there with a big stick to remove it. It'll have to be done as the front door & step are splattered

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:14   #162363
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
They had the same concern with the flying bedstead, constrained I think by a gantry arrangement until they got the hang of it. Maybe a drone could be tethered in some way by string/cord while basic control of it is mastered. Any broken props might be replaced with spares from a model forum if not available from the manufacturer of the drone.

It's done something to one of the rotor motors & it doesn't spin up as fast as the others now & is impossible to control

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Might still be able to use it providing:
a) you can throw it high enough
b) are quick enough to operate the camera while its in the air
c) can catch it again

LOL I might just as well just open the front door & chuck me money down the street, It'll save all the hassle & headaches

Old 3rd November 2021, 17:51   #162364
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post

LOL I might just as well just open the front door & chuck me money down the street, It'll save all the hassle & headaches
A bit like Rover ownership eh?
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:59   #162365
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It's done something to one of the rotor motors & it doesn't spin up as fast as the others now & is impossible to control
All might not be lost. Just had a quick look on Aliexpress and it shows a good range of spares like props and motors and some at not very much money - lots under £5. Maybe if you post the model number of your drone some might be able to help. Any replacements being a last resort as component repair might be possible on strip and examination. If you do get it working again I would look at trying to obtain some prop guards, some drones come with them but aftermarket types are available. Aliexpress do them for little money just a question of whether they fit your drone.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:08   #162366
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
All might not be lost. Just had a quick look on Aliexpress and it shows a good range of spares like props and motors and some at not very much money - lots under £5. Maybe if you post the model number of your drone some might be able to help. Any replacements being a last resort as component repair might be possible on strip and examination. If you do get it working again I would look at trying to obtain some prop guards, some drones come with them but aftermarket types are available. Aliexpress do them for little money just a question of whether they fit your drone.

Yeah that's an idea as it came from aliexpress, It did come with 4-6! spare rotor blades but those are OK yet as are the blade protectors. It smacked the wall in the worst possible place I've been so miffed that I broke it in ten seconds I just chucked it in the drawer in disgust I'll have a look on aliexpress & sort something out when I've chance.

Bread making evening & it smells bootiful in here, Fresh out the bread maker

Old 3rd November 2021, 18:53   #162367
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, been a busy one today, up since 04:00 as Deb had a rough night, dog walked before sunrise (Rare for me!!) Then fitted a set of brake discs and pads to a members car.

Met up with Rogue then headed to Holt in the North of the county to a paint shop recommended by RussP for a quote on the repair to dorchester.

Meg dropped off with Russ' wife Heather to play with the tame hedgehogs while we did car stuff.

Returned to find one spoiled dog, a nice cuppa before heading home through rush hour in Norwich (Accident had closed the Northern distributor Rd so we had to head through the City )

Tea cooking, second pint poured..
Old 3rd November 2021, 20:22   #162368
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, been a busy one today, up since 04:00 as Deb had a rough night, dog walked before sunrise (Rare for me!!) Then fitted a set of brake discs and pads to a members car.

Met up with Rogue then headed to Holt in the North of the county to a paint shop recommended by RussP for a quote on the repair to dorchester.

Meg dropped off with Russ' wife Heather to play with the tame hedgehogs while we did car stuff.

Returned to find one spoiled dog, a nice cuppa before heading home through rush hour in Norwich (Accident had closed the Northern distributor Rd so we had to head through the City )

Tea cooking, second pint poured..

Did you see the wedgewood 75 going the opposite way to us just outside Holt... Saw him in time to exchange a flash of headlights

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2021, 20:44   #162369
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Did you see the wedgewood 75 going the opposite way to us just outside Holt... Saw him in time to exchange a flash of headlights
Yep, gave a flash and a wave but he was oblivious
Old 3rd November 2021, 22:01   #162370
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Yep, gave a flash and a wave but he was oblivious

He must have thought you were some dodgy geezer from Norich

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote