Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th October 2021, 22:04   #13061
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Default MOT sorted

Spent an hour this morning adjusting the handbrake.
When that was done, I took the Tourer to the garage for its MOT test.
Picked it up this afternoon along with a nice new MOT certificate.
Just a couple advisories for a chipped windscreen and a tyre wearing a bit low.
Very nearly 217,000 miles, the moon is in sight....

Last edited by Andy_with_a_screwdriver; 28th October 2021 at 22:11..
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 09:41   #13062
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTheTyke View Post
I wonder if the coolant cap on the V6 a fairly common failure?

I am new to my V6 75 but also have a TF (and had another one before that) where the expansion caps are a regular failure, obviously same 1.8 K series as in the 75, do they fail here as well? Some people in the TF groups change them as a service item. There have also been problems with duff aftermarket parts failing even more quickly than OEM items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I bought a set of Viton O-rings on E-bay and swapped them out for the old compressed ones on the cap on my 190. When you see the new seals next to the old ones you can see why they no longer hold pressure.
As above most of the time all that is required to make the cap good again is change the O-rings.

I give these away at the Nano meet or just change out caps that have already had the O-rings changed.

Another trick is to turn over the top seal of the cap

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 11:58   #13063
Lucky Boy

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI Auto

Finally got around to getting my conny back on the road after 4 years!.I past the car on to my youngest son in 2015 who took it back up to Cumbria after Brian worked his magic on repairing the ECU and upgraded it. It failed the MOT in 2017 and my son wanted to scrap it as it needed so much work to be done by the garage. Finally got it back home to me in 2019 but couldn’t do anything until recently. Now new rear springs, new rear brake pipes, new brakes and disks all round, new rear exhaust and a tiny bit of welding and it past the MOT. Have had terrible trouble with the sun roof drains even after Arctics hose connector mod. It transpired that the offside front drain tube had been partially crushed about 6 inches from where it connects to the sunroof so was very sensitive to rubbish blocking it. Now appears to be OK. Its wonderful driving it around again after so long. Now just need to get the A/C sorted for Spring/Summer next year.
Lucky Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2021, 12:55   #13064
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Boy View Post
Finally got around to getting my conny back on the road after 4 years!.I past the car on to my youngest son in 2015 who took it back up to Cumbria after Brian worked his magic on repairing the ECU and upgraded it. It failed the MOT in 2017 and my son wanted to scrap it as it needed so much work to be done by the garage. Finally got it back home to me in 2019 but couldn’t do anything until recently. Now new rear springs, new rear brake pipes, new brakes and disks all round, new rear exhaust and a tiny bit of welding and it past the MOT. Have had terrible trouble with the sun roof drains even after Arctics hose connector mod. It transpired that the offside front drain tube had been partially crushed about 6 inches from where it connects to the sunroof so was very sensitive to rubbish blocking it. Now appears to be OK. Its wonderful driving it around again after so long. Now just need to get the A/C sorted for Spring/Summer next year.
This is great :-)
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 17:06   #13065
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Finally the ZT-T190 I had shipped from Germany is road legal and in use.
I bought the car from Karl in Westphalia in early June on the recommendation of Pim Appel. The sale was straightforward but the shipping process was complex, partly due to the current shipping crisis and container shortage.
There was a 2 month delay in Rotterdam, caused mainly when the fellow who was supposed to share a 40 foot container with me stalled and eventually dropped out forcing me to go solo on a 20 foot container at an additional 2500 euro cost The container travelled by ship to Montreal then train to Vancouver where it was unloaded and delivered to me.
Then came the work of getting it registered for British Columbia. The car breezed through the safety test with no issues. All that was required was activating the DRLs (using TOAF) and fitting side reflectors and number plate mounts for the North American size plates.
The paperwork turned out to be a huge pain. The licensing agent didn't care for my translation of the German documents and insisted on a certified translation which cost $300. and took 2 weeks, and the whole process ground to a halt when the car didn't appear on the Imported Vehicle Registry. It turns out that the freight forwarder and missed a letter when entering the vin so the agent was searching the wrong number. I will never use that forwarder again. (Not just due to the number, but just "Didn't give a darn, poor service") Once that was sorted registration went smoothly and number plates were issued. Four and a half months!
I have since swapped the EBC brakes, K&N filter and a few other bits and pieces over from my destroyed 190, including my dash cam, and plan to send the instrument panel to Rick-Sta for a new IPK. The IPK is really the only issue with the car. The underside is immaculate with only a bit of rust on one rear upper arm which I will replace in the spring. The top-side is also in great shape and will only need a good polish after it's long journey, and the interior is immaculate as well. Next up is an oil change and swapping over my poly bushed lower engine mount followed by a precautionary timing belt/water pump/thermostat change over the winter. Fun and games!
In the meantime I'm happily driving the ZT-T in the awful rainy autumn weather.
The photo shows the car on the road to the US border a couple of km from my home.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 5th November 2021 at 17:11..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 18:19   #13066
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Took the Bear on a 200 mile round trip, and I still have petrol left. Not a lot but enough to get me to the garage tomorrow. And no tyre/road noise from the Continental Conti Sports I had fitted on Wednesday.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 21:02   #13067
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Drove to reading to drop off a K series engine for Shiner, had to fuel up on the M25... £1.60 for normal diesel
Old 5th November 2021, 21:48   #13068
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Collected my Tourer from the paint shop following a bonnet respray due to lacquer peel (worst I have ever seen). Also had a couple of minor marks on the rear bumper tidied up. Brilliant match as ever - cannot see the join!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2021, 22:40   #13069
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

We went for lunch with our friend’s yesterday. Went back to theirs for a natter and a cup of rosy lee. When we came out for home, I noticed there was water that had run from under the car onto the drive. Thought it was from the air conditioning. My mate said it looked green? Looked in the header tank, and the level had fallen slightly. I check it every Sunday morning. Put some of the ready mixed coolant that I keep in the boot and came home. Had a look in the light this morning, and there was damp under where it was dripping down onto the drive. Expletives followed. Looked in the header tank, and there was no difference in height to when it was topped up last night. Funny! Got it up on ramps and found where it was dripping from, the rear of the brace on the nearside. Got a drop on my finger and it was clear water. Now I wonder where it was coming from? As some of you may have guessed, the plenum. Now this is regularly cleaned out by rodding the drain, end of September. When I got access to the plenum, there was around half inch of water in there, just below the aircon filter. Rodded it out, because the hole was covered in small leaves from the May trees that are on the allotment. The moral of this story is :- CHECK YOUR PLENUMS ARE CLEAR BEFORE WE GET THE AUTUMN RAINS? Cheers lads.
Old 6th November 2021, 01:33   #13070
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
We went for lunch with our friend’s yesterday. Went back to theirs for a natter and a cup of rosy lee. When we came out for home, I noticed there was water that had run from under the car onto the drive. Thought it was from the air conditioning. My mate said it looked green? Looked in the header tank, and the level had fallen slightly. I check it every Sunday morning. Put some of the ready mixed coolant that I keep in the boot and came home. Had a look in the light this morning, and there was damp under where it was dripping down onto the drive. Expletives followed. Looked in the header tank, and there was no difference in height to when it was topped up last night. Funny! Got it up on ramps and found where it was dripping from, the rear of the brace on the nearside. Got a drop on my finger and it was clear water. Now I wonder where it was coming from?
Quote:
As some of you may have guessed, the plenum. Now this is regularly cleaned out by rodding the drain, end of September. When I got access to the plenum, there was around half inch of water in there, just below the aircon filter. Rodded it out, because the hole was covered in small leaves from the May trees that are on the allotment. The moral of this story is :- CHECK YOUR PLENUMS ARE CLEAR BEFORE WE GET THE AUTUMN RAINS? Cheers lads.
Hi David.
Have you cut 15/20mm of each plenum tube hanging down from under the car if not do so, and it should not block up even if a few leaves get into the plenum.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote