Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th November 2021, 19:24   #11
richw
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Regardless of one's jab status, it is highly dubious to force people into disclosing their status: for anything, not just working at x.

The coercion (that's what it is) around the jab makes me uncomfortable. It clearly isn't a health matter. So why do we have it? Some sort of digital ID, which evil Blair tried and failed to do? And how will that be abused later?!
richw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 20:31   #12
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I hope all 60,000 go to court and win unfair dismissal cases, whatever happened to freedom of choice
Is that the number of care home staff that have refused it Andy?

Or the number of staff employed in care homes?

What % of care home staff have refused the jabs?

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 20:32   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
However if I, or a relative was in a care home I would wish to only be supported by a double jabbed staff member. My choice of course.
Why?
what is the advantage to you or your relative, to be cared for by a double jabbed person as opposed to a single or non jabbed person?

I thought the vaccine was to benefit the person vaccinated, not to benefit those not vaccinated or other vaccinated people?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2021, 20:36   #14
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Is that the number of care home staff that have refused it Andy?

Or the number of staff employed in care homes?

What % of care home staff have refused the jabs?
Thats the estimated number of unvaccinated care home workers.
Old 11th November 2021, 21:26   #15
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Thats the estimated number of unvaccinated care home workers.
That is a shocking number of staff to make redundant.If they do decide to contest it it will make an interesting test case.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 06:59   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
I hope all 60,000 go to court and win unfair dismissal cases, whatever happened to freedom of choice

Having the vaccine does not stop transmission, we are going very quickly down the route of ending up like North Korea.
Who will have to foot the bill for unfair dismissal if they win, the Care home or Government? Even if the care home at the outset the Government could then have to pay "dole money"

Care homes seem stuck in the middle?

macafee2
Old 12th November 2021, 09:33   #17
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Ian,
The reason is simple for me, if the carer has decided to be jabbed they are looking after their own health and therefor more likely to be aware of what needs to be done to keep others safe.

I am also fully aware that being fully jabbed does not protect, other than potentially to reduce severity as my three times jabbed nurse grand daughter has personally found.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 09:55   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Ian,
The reason is simple for me, if the carer has decided to be jabbed they are looking after their own health and therefor more likely to be aware of what needs to be done to keep others safe.

I am also fully aware that being fully jabbed does not protect, other than potentially to reduce severity as my three times jabbed nurse grand daughter has personally found.

These are the very people that have been caring for people for, in some cases, years with perhaps not 1 complaint against them. Now you are telling me that they are not aware of what it takes to keep others safe.

"you" were happy enough for them to care for "you" before the jabs, they were working during covid with no vaccination putting "you" first because they risked catching covid by interaction with others. How has their care changed towards "you"?

I ask you to consider these carers, their care before, during and after. If their care has not changed then I question if it is fair to suggest they may not be aware of what it takes to keep others safe.

macafee2
Old 12th November 2021, 11:00   #19
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post

The coercion (that's what it is) around the jab makes me uncomfortable. It clearly isn't a health matter. So why do we have it? Some sort of digital ID, which evil Blair tried and failed to do? And how will that be abused later?!

I have never subscribed to any conspiracy theories - usually preferring to go with incompetence as an explanation rather than conspiracy. But I don't feel that there is sufficient incompetence around to explain this particular decision.

With that, I throw this in the ring as a possible rationale that this is a mechanism for retaining the government's voting base by showing that 'we are looking after your interests'.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2021, 12:01   #20
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

All I am concerned about is this, are the people doing the caring properly trained, and have the PPE they need, that is more important than having both jabs,
I had both jabs, and i'm getting the booster, because my work puts me at real risk, of contracting covid, because i work for the police, and part of my job could entail cleaning cells etc, where you come into contact with bodily fluids and Waste, but I'm not being mandated to get the booster, in fact i don't think the police have any policy towards vaccination
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote