Notices

Old 17th November 2021, 11:18   #162521
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Assessor comes out and says ‘it’s an old rover, that’s a write off’ he did comment that it was a very nice one prior to the damage though.
Presume that didn't come as a surprise Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
The Pink One refused to select a gear yesterday. But following on with advice from the garage, the fault lays with the brake switch,
Brake switch prevents you getting a gear, a while ago the clutch actuator caused it to cut out and not restart . . . . that car must have some weird electrical connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Well I have to get that VAX shampooer out of the garage & into the house anyway so it looks like I'll be using it now
If I'm shampooing carpets I always do it last thing at night unless its the bedroom, that way you don't have to try to avoid walking on them while they dry.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 11:38   #162522
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Presume that didn't come as a surprise Andy.

Brake switch prevents you getting a gear, a while ago the clutch actuator caused it to cut out and not restart . . . . that car must have some weird electrical connections

If I'm shampooing carpets I always do it last thing at night unless its the bedroom, that way you don't have to try to avoid walking on them while they dry.

Yeah that would be ideal but I just wanted it done & dusted. I've got a ton of green 'cherry bomb' chillis on the remaining last two plants in the greenhouse, I very much doubt they're going to ripen & turn red now, I'm thinking of harvesting them, deseeding them & freezing them!!!!. Are green chilli's just as good?

These aren't super hot & one or two in a casserole is nice etc.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 11:39   #162523
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Wow, looking at your man-cave walls it seems you've put a lot of red-lead undercoat to good use.--

LOL Red leaded & wax oiled to keep the spiders at bay

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 12:28   #162524
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
Are green chilli's just as good?
I've never really noticed any difference between them. Whether I use green or red depends on the "colour" of the final dish.

Got a lump of pork to chop up for adobo tonight. Make a start when I've finished me coffee.

Advert for Cinch just been on, does Rylan Clark get on anybody else's wick, the way he pronounces "motor"

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 17th November 2021 at 12:31..
Old 17th November 2021, 12:43   #162525
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Afternoon , I'm having a look roads and to see who's a hook see who's around I still waiter to see show is around .
Old 17th November 2021, 13:18   #162526
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, been over to have the dorchester looked over by the insurance assessor (Following 12 unanswered phone calls)

Assessor comes out and says ‘it’s an old rover, that’s a write off’ he did comment that it was a very nice one prior to the damage though.
They all do that!

You show him Andy.
Old 17th November 2021, 13:33   #162527
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Your hosts must have been posh Phil to indulge you with vodka and caviar. Cabbage soup is a popular favourite among the lower echelons. Phaaaarp! The talk of Ruskies takes me back to my work place of the early 90's. We hosted a visit by some of them and I seem to recall that they brought with them a gift of a samovar for the head honcho which caused a bit of a stir. It was of a modern electric type and there was some concern about its compliance with British and EU safety standards. Some of the guys were tasked with checking it out but to this day I'm not sure if they found it to be fit for use as anything other than an ornament. Plus the head honcho was on vacation up north and the guests wished for the samovar to be presented during their visit.
What an experience and a fantastic gift as the samovar has a reputation for being ornate and collectable. The chap who took me to his home was a taxi driver assigned to look after me for the visit. He said he had saved $3,000 USD in the hope of using it to escape Russia and settle in the USA. The vodka he gave me was very strong and I had to be careful I did not drink too much. The company I was working for at the time had a policy of "do not drink or smoke, do not bring the company into disrepute whilst in the presence of the patient, no profanity" and in fact after every trip, they would write to the patient and ask if the Doctor or nurse smoked or drank alcohol in the their presence. I remember doing an air ambulance from the Mediterranean with an anaesthetist as the patient we were flying back to the UK who had to be anaesthetised and put into a medically induced coma for the flight. The doctor did his job okay but on another Medi-Vac, he was sacked from smelling of drink. I gather he had been on a final warning.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 13:34   #162528
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon , I'm having a look roads and to see who's a hook see who's around I still waiter to see show is around .
Hi Richard, its great to see you posting.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 14:50   #162529
YHT
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Yeah that would be ideal but I just wanted it done & dusted. I've got a ton of green 'cherry bomb' chillis on the remaining last two plants in the greenhouse, I very much doubt they're going to ripen & turn red now, I'm thinking of harvesting them, deseeding them & freezing them!!!!. Are green chilli's just as good?

These aren't super hot & one or two in a casserole is nice etc.
Have grown Scotch Bonnet peppers this past 2 years; they seem to come in several shades from yellow through orange and red to a deep purple. Hot as hell.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2021, 16:19   #162530
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Oh dear, 92 million quid's worth of RAF F-35 fighter jet has crashed in the Med. That would put a serious dent in your no claims.

Pilot ok, back on the carrier and considering what to put on the insurance form.

T4 Location Map