Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th November 2021, 07:34   #162651
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Brr! It's a icy morning here. Glad you're feeling better Bob.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 07:50   #162652
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Morning all.

Clear blue sky with the sun peeking out over the trees. Properly chilly though at just below freezing .

Supposed to be staying dry this morning, so I'll be out with Quizzie in a couple of hours when it's forecast to be +2 degrees. I think my biking underware will be pressed back into service - again

I wonder what she'll find today .

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 09:42   #162653
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Got up to a covering of snow here. Was hoping to make some progress with the remnants of the shed which was demolished in the recent storm, not touched it yet because of the inclement weather. Thinking of just scrapping it having looked at some of the new and unused stuff that I retrieved from the wreakage on the night. It no longer looks new and unused with deterioration evident by way of rust, discolouring and matting to surface finishes. And the deterioration looks to predate the storm damage by some time. I guess that the wood of the shed has absorbed and given off moisture as the weather and the seasons changed and the inside is just as affected as the outside looking at my once pristine items. A basic shed without a moisture barrier and some sort of insulation does not in my experience provide good enough protection against moisture and temperature swings for it to be used for storage of some items at least.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 10:45   #162654
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Brr! I had a struggle to get a couple of leeks out of the frozen soil earlier on for today's chicken & vegetable soup with pearl barely Smells bootiful in here . It's bitter out there & just stated to snow.

Old 28th November 2021, 11:12   #162655
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Good afternoon everyone, all quiet here in Bristol, no wind, no snow and it’s bright, but rather cold. I exchanged messages with Rod yesterday. Because of his health he is not taking or making phone calls. We wish Rod all the best for a speedy recovery.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 11:26   #162656
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Driving through a ford looks like an expensive business for some people Why would you even risk your pride & joy I wonder how many of these drivers actually knew whereabouts the air intake was on their car, You can see the moment the engine Hydrolocks when the wheels jam up on some of them
Hi Ian, I have seen this in Kenya when my nephews wanted to borrow my 4x4 so they could go on safari. Whilst on safari they drove it across a river to get to the other side. What a mess they made with the water entering the car and it went up to the level of the steering wheel. Amazingly the engine didn’t cut off, but after they got back the seats and carpets had to be removed and the car took ages to have its musty smell go away. I think they did it to test their off road driving abilities without using any common sense. I was so annoyed and vowed to never loan them a car ever again.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 12:17   #162657
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Afternoon all.

Well, Quizzie tried to say hello to a new friend on our walk this morning

The fact that it was a fox, which eyeballed her, she eyeballed him (I'll say him but I’m not too hot on sexing foxes at 30 yards ) and went from zero to full speed in an impressive display of acceleration.

This was of no consequence for the fox - who vanished into the brambles along the side of the river . Fortunately Quizzie decided not to follow him .

The only other thing of interest was the strange, hard, white stuff that cracked when she walked on it.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 14:08   #162658
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good afternoon everyone, all quiet here in Bristol, no wind, no snow and it’s bright, but rather cold. I exchanged messages with Rod yesterday. Because of his health he is not taking or making phone calls. We wish Rod all the best for a speedy recovery.
Thanks for the update Phil.

Will be looking forward to Rod getting himself back to rude health and posting away again.
Very much miss his presence on here.

Last edited by coolcat; 28th November 2021 at 17:53..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2021, 17:36   #162659
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Evening all, Bitterly cold out there tonight, Been into the garage to get some bottles of Henry's for the fridge, Needn't have bothered it's colder in there
Homemade chicken & vegetable Soup & fresh bread out the breadmaker for tea tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Ian, I have seen this in Kenya when my nephews wanted to borrow my 4x4 so they could go on safari. Whilst on safari they drove it across a river to get to the other side. What a mess they made with the water entering the car and it went up to the level of the steering wheel. Amazingly the engine didn’t cut off, but after they got back the seats and carpets had to be removed and the car took ages to have its musty smell go away. I think they did it to test their off road driving abilities without using any common sense. I was so annoyed and vowed to never loan them a car ever again.

Oh heck that's a bit naughty The locals at Rufford Ford reckon most of the AA & RAC's work comes from that Ford alone in that area I've never been through one yet meself.

Thanks for the update on Rod, I hope he's better soon & as Jeff said he's sorely missed on here.

Old 28th November 2021, 20:41   #162660
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

It’s not very often I cook myself a roast dinner, but today that’s all I wanted. Baked a nice bit of gammon, fluffy roast taters and a few fairy cabbages. With a drop gravy. It was bloomin’ ansum.
And I opened a bottle of Jam Shed, a cracking red wine.

Had a lovely phone call from my friend Emma, from North London. I sent her a birthday card with a special present inside. Oh! How! Laughed on memories past.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote