Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2007, 21:26   #21
LANDGIRL

Thumbs up

Hi, haven't found any ZTT's locally, but there is an 04 reg 75 2.0 Contemporary SE, with 5000 miles, what should I look out for and how does it differ from a Connoisseur ?
Cheers
LANDGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:32   #22
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

more like plush Ikea than John Lewis gentlemans lounge... you need to experience both to see which is more 'you'. Ask if it has self levelling suspension...
Is it still a diesel?
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:35   #23
LANDGIRL

Thumbs up

yes and auto and almost forgot, dark silver !!

Last edited by LANDGIRL; 12th November 2007 at 21:50..
LANDGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:53   #24
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

slightly higher tax class, (emissions-linked) and auto not as fuel efficient as manual diesel. Go and drive it. .. and find what its been doing all its life. Regular servicing? Small mileage is not necessarily good as may have been small journeys, not getting warmed up and putting most wear on components.

If its the one on autotrader without the pic, then it looks quite good value compared to the other autos... there are lots of interior pics on the other contemp se autos listed (one about the same price - private - is sold!)

Have a look at the racing green ZTT CDTi 07 plate in the for sale section here... for what, with some haggling, you could have for a thousand more!
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 21:56   #25
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I personally do not like the Contemporary SE over the Conn. SE.

As Standard it does Gain 17" Star Spoke Alloys, Harman Karden 180 Watt Sound System,. Rear Door Mounted Tweeters, CD 6 Disc AutoChanger, M3-100 CD Tuner with MP3 Playback (but I think its NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-!)

It losses the Plush Leather Seats for Leather faced Sports seats, Has Black Oak Finish and Steering Wheel, Instead of Light Oak (looks more Black than Wood?) All black Carpets and Door Cards, No Cruise Control, No Hi Line Sat Nav and TV (both Extras) Looses Chrome Door Mirrors for Body Colour.

There is a Pack that puts lots of things back on, Powerfold Mirrors, Light Wash, TV, Heated screen washers, ITS, Electric Glass Sunroof, Xenon gas Discharge Lights, Sports suspension, Spacesaver Spare Wheel, Battery back up sounder.

So check to see if it has this added Pack, and have a Look for yourself, Its a Cross between the MG and Rover 75, you either like the Interior or Not.

You may well love it and I hope you do, have a drive in Both Variants as it has a different suspension System to rest of 75 Range.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 07:31   #26
Frobs
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Cdti+135 Gunmetal Grey

Hi All,
Am looking for a ZT-T CDTi also. Had'nt thought of an auto box. But it seems that the likelihood of a manual clutch failure taking a grand out of my bank account at any particular time is putting me off a little. It seems the hydraulics are the weak point on the manual, not the mechanics - hence it is difficult to predict when is could fail. My driving style is sympathetic to cutches, but that may not help in this case.

So, Ive had a search to find what the features are on the auto - with little success. How many speeds ? What modes / tricks ? Is it OK for "spirited" driving. Does it have a torque converter lockup when cruising (ie should'nt take any more fuel than the manual when on the motorway)

Also - if I went for a manual, and had a clutch failure - how much would it cost to fit an auto box - or would that be a stupid idea ?

Frobs
Frobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 07:39   #27
JohnDotCom

The Automatic Box IMHO is a Great unit but is a lot thirstier than your manual one, average about 13% but does drink more on Local Town Runs.
I still average around the 44MPG on mixed driving more on Motorways.
It is a 5 Speed Auto box with a Sports Box Switchable which lets you run revs higher before change up, there is also a Winter Box switchable option which pulls away from 2nd gear and is effective.
You can drive very Spirited believe me.
and with a Ron Box and other Mods GG felt it as quick if not quicker than his MG V6 when he took mine for a spin.
Just make sure Fluid is changed at Correct Mileage and with the RIGHT stuff.
Old 13th November 2007, 15:30   #28
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Having always liked manual boxes, I must admit that I like the automatic in the Rovers better and better. They can be exceptionally smooth, to the point that you don't notice what is going on. I also think that the diesel is the best option for towing, as the V6 is not known for its torque. However, with an autobox, the V6 would certainly cope, and cope well, as the autobox would do the job for you and (largely) compensate for the deficient torque.
Economy would be another issue, but sit down and do the maths. Depending on miles done, price of diesel/petrol and price of the car. You could be surprised.
And- good luck!
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 15:50   #29
JohnDotCom

Automatic is £205 Per Year Diesel. or £112.75 for 6 Months (£225.50 Per Year).
Same Car first Registered Before 1ST March 2001 is £180 for 12 Months or £99 for 6 Months (£198 Per year)
So yes it is more than the manual Gearbox Version.

Manual: £140 for 12 months or £77 for 6 Months (Total £154 Per Year) if registered after 1st March 2001.
Strangely if Car registered before 1st March 2001 Road Tax now goes up to:
£180 for 12 Months or £99 for 6 months as it is now done on engine size for earlier cars not emmisssions.

see also here for all other rates etc: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

Rates are exactly the same for CDT and more powerful CDTi engines.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 13th November 2007 at 16:03..