Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th August 2020, 11:04   #371
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Its never gonna work with commercials surely.another thing i can think of is,what about people who cant even park within so many metres of their house,how they going to even charge an EV����
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2020, 14:41   #372
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
I have a feeling that within your time span above that the government will impose some increased level of taxation on electric vehicles to make up the shortfall in taxation caused by the public's switch to zero taxation electric vehicles.

The government will definitely have to go to road pricing to recoup the billions it will lose in fuel duty revenue.
I've been reading depending on your postcode if you live in a heavily congested part of the country you will pay more than someone in rural areas or less congested areas, New cars will be 'Geo-Fenced' with GPS software & billed automatically.

The new "Smart PHEV" models out now from BMW & Ford Europe have Geo-Fence capabilities wherein they will automatically change from ICE to BEV mode when entering towns, Cities, ULEZ's & CAZ's

Germany for instance who currently have the EU presidency want to impose tolls on all motorways not just in Germany either but in every European country Expect more of the same here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2020, 11:07   #373
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Bet there are plenty career opportunities here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54634802

The shape of things to come with batteries in everything nowadays. We have only just seen the tip of the iceberg. The catastrophic pollution and slavery generated by the production of these incendiary devices needs to be highlighted big time . Zero emission badges fitted on cars eh, who do they think they are fooling? Bit like the early 90’s when they fitted CATALYTIC CONVERTER badges in an attempt to greenwash.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote