Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2023, 15:12   #14201
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Went to morrisons near me , and filled the petrol KV6 up with the premium super , most expensive fuel they had. I dont touch the other stuff. I dont want that sitting in the bottom of my tank for any length of time. I use my LPG mostly but like to fill up every two months or so , as i do run on petrol once a week to keep things in good shape. ...
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2023, 18:20   #14202
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default Le Touquet

Took the V6 to France for a stay at the Le Westminster in Le Touquet - it didn't look out of place in such posh surroundings (unlike its owner). I wish I could say it ran perfectly for the whole trip, but then I wish I could say it ran perfectly for any trip...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rover le touquet3.jpg (137.9 KB, 34 views)
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2023, 21:13   #14203
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Not exactly today but about 10 days ago I entered my ZT-T in The Vancouver All British Field Meet.
Forgetting it was the MG 100th anniversary I missed out on my usual class and my ZT-T190 was placed in the "Postwar Touring" class. This was a bad break for me for the people's choice voting as the class was loaded with "Cute" cars. First place was taken by the 1952 MG-YA and second by a Morris Minor Traveller woody. Next year I will have to enter early. It was a good day regardless checking out the 500+ cars on show including 120+ MGs.

The following day was the Vancouver to Harrison Hotsprings Run, a 150 mile trip up the Fraser Valley. There were about 80 British cars on the run with a catered lunch at the destination. Lots of fun, and we even got to see a Sasquatch!
The ZT-T didn't miss a beat, which was a good thing as this was a shake down run for the trip to the North American MGB Association Convention in Calgary Alberta in July. This will be a 1400 mile round trip through the Rocky Mountains to Calgary, and I really want it to go smoothly!

Old 2nd June 2023, 18:19   #14204
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

It was time to go for the rear nearside brake calliper. It was stuck a month ago after which it received a good cleanup, but it didn't last. The rear wheel got hot several times again and the brake pads were losing a lot of meat so there was no doubt as to the culprit. Happy to say the swap was a quick and easy job. No complains about the weather today either.
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2023, 09:44   #14205
onceaknight
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default 75 CDTi SE

Fitted new front coil springs. Handy little job if you have the correct tools necessary. Not so handy if you don't Have a great day all.
onceaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2023, 10:46   #14206
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Oiled the door handles (mechanism obviously not the chrome!).

Made a big difference, think I had greased the catches previously but not the mechanism of the handle. Doors now need noticeably less force to close properly.
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2023, 16:22   #14207
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Changed the pollen filter on my X3.

Easiest filter change I've ever done.
Old 12th June 2023, 16:34   #14208
onceaknight
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Going to the bath tub.

Its going to the bath tub " again" after tea time. Been getting covered in tree sap these day. Was washed on Saturday now the same. Make a great fly catcher.
onceaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2023, 18:58   #14209
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

The headlights were quite faded on my 75 so I decided to polish them. Started off by sanding them down wet with 1000 grit sandpaper, then 2000. Cleaned them up and polished them with some headlight restore polish using a cloth. Another clean and then a ton of coats of clear coat. Nothing lasts forever, but it'll take a lot of UV before the clear coat will start to degrade.
I did everything without powertools as everything went smoothly by hand.

Last edited by timon; 13th June 2023 at 19:45..
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2023, 13:42   #14210
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Boot lighting - HK sub

I have the HK sub, in the boot - the HK stupidly blocks the tiny amount of light, from the boot light fitting, leaving the deeper part of the boot in darkness. Long ago I added a strip of stick on LED's, under the parcel shelf, to address that problem.

Problem was, they became unstuck, and many of the LED's failed.

I've had four 0.5w lensed LED lights, looking for a use, in my workshop for a few years, so this week I decided to see if I could solve the boot lighting issues. The LED's were of the type, which are fitted in a hole, and a nut tightened on the back.

I made up a couple of flat plastic brackets, with a hole for the LED, and a hole for a fixing screw. These I then fitted at either end of the HK plastic sub, feeding the LED's from the existing light. They shine in from either side of the boot, making the whole boot area well illuminated.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote