Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd April 2020, 16:35   #1
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Sound quality improvement question

Hi everyone,
I have the highline sat nav unit and I just upgraded my speakers to the Harman kardon ones. I wouldn't go to say that they are significantly better but defenatly an improvement. One thing I noticed though is that when I was testing them with my home amp they sounded way better than they do in the car which leads to believe that the quality of sound that the highline unit is putting out isn't the best. So my question is I want to retain the factory sat nav head unit is there any way I can get it to drive the speakers any better ? I've heard that the BMW bm24 backer tuner is direct replacement for the Rover one is this true? And is it worth trying to source one ?
Thanks in advance
Thanos
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2020, 20:59   #2
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

This may be of interest.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2020, 16:44   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos.m View Post
Hi everyone,
I have the highline sat nav unit and I just upgraded my speakers to the Harman kardon ones. I wouldn't go to say that they are significantly better but defenatly an improvement. One thing I noticed though is that when I was testing them with my home amp they sounded way better than they do in the car which leads to believe that the quality of sound that the highline unit is putting out isn't the best. So my question is I want to retain the factory sat nav head unit is there any way I can get it to drive the speakers any better ? I've heard that the BMW bm24 backer tuner is direct replacement for the Rover one is this true? And is it worth trying to source one ?
Thanks in advance
Thanos
Becker BM24 is good but the BM54 is even better (both plug and play ) but you'll find the latter will be quite a bit more expensive on the pre-owned market (you'll probably also need a round to flat pin gender changer multiplug from the car loom to the Becker tuner)
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote