Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th July 2018, 19:27   #141
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
You’re not paying attention Jules. The whole point of my contribution to this thread was to draw attention to the correct positioning of the clips on the straight pipe.

Jules; don’t assume that because you haven’t achieved it, no one else can. I repeat that I have never broken any of my three plastic parts except for the curved pipe on the very first attempt. I quickly learnt from my mistake.

Simon
Wrong again Simon!!

Simon you don't seem to grasp statistics.

I do achieve removing stats without damage..........10% of the time.
I don't break them on purpose you know as it adds an hour to the job removing the bits of plastic stub out

I'll give you an example:

50 KV6 stats changed in 2017.
5 of them didn't crack on removal.
Yours Simon would be one of those 5 cases.

However all 50 leaking sets went in the bin because I didn't want to risk running a "Simon" experiment on customers cars to see how many "might" survive long term!

And might I suggest the original elbow piece you cracked and the 2nd one you didn't is simply down to the 2nd one being in situ for far less time (am I correct?) thereby the plastic won't have had time to become brittle and the O ring was probably still looking ok too
(am I right again&#128521

Oh and re the four O rings.
Some come out well squashed while others come out looking still quite new.
MGR used different compound O rings just like they did in the M47 stat.

To date we've not seen any melted KV6 O rings except the Chinese batch our well known independent trader on here sold.
(they started out purple and turned red within 3 months)

Sorry for lack of photo evidence.
I could have taken 100's of shots over the years but I never thought twice about it.

However I still have an old computer from 2006 in the loft.
It will have a few evidence shots on there when I was initially marketing my services.

However the more photos I come up with the weaker some of your theories become. 🤣

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Old 26th July 2018, 19:59   #142
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
However all 50 leaking sets went in the bin because I didn't want to risk running a "Simon" experiment on customers cars to see how many "might" survive long term!
That’s a very significant statement. It demonstrates perfectly how the decisions made by traders for reasons of commercial success are the opposite of what is required for scientific analysis of the real problem. The incorrect conclusion reached is that new parts are required. This keeps you profitable and satisfies the non-technically minded customer.
Quote:
And might I suggest the original elbow piece you cracked and the 2nd one you didn't is simply down to the 2nd one being in situ for far less time (am I correct?)..
The original elbow was ten years old. Its replacement is currently nine years old. I wouldn’t call that “far less time”.
Quote:
... and the O ring was probably still looking ok too
(am I right again)
At the time of breakage of the original elbow I, like you, believed that the problem was with the plastic. i replaced only the ‘O’ ring at the base of the thermostat housing. Upon reassembly, there were no leaks for three years. What do you conclude from that?
Quote:
MGR used different compound O rings just like they did in the M47 stat.
Another unsubstantiated claim! What’s your evidence for that?
Quote:
To date we've not seen any melted KV6 O rings except the Chinese batch our well known independent trader on here sold.
Well there you are; proof that your M47 theory (unsubstantiated) cannot be applied to the KV6.
Quote:
However the more photos I come up with the weaker some of your theories become. 🤣
I don’t know where you get that idea. You certainly post a lot of photos but your analysis is based upon assumptions, wild guesses and unsubstantiated belief.

Simon
Old 26th July 2018, 20:02   #143
SD1too

Quote:
Graham1961,

As a moderator, could you tell us whether or not a member is permitted to post a quote containing words which the author did not write and which reverses the meaning of that quote?

Simon
Graham,

You were on line today and reading this thread. Why have you ignored my question?

Simon
Old 26th July 2018, 20:09   #144
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
That’s a very significant statement. It demonstrates perfectly how the decisions made by traders for reasons of commercial success are the opposite of what is required for scientific analysis of the real problem. The incorrect conclusion reached is that new parts are required. This keeps you profitable and satisfies the non-technically minded customer.

The original elbow was ten years old. Its replacement is currently nine years old. I wouldn’t call that “far less time”.

At the time of breakage of the original elbow I, like you, believed that the problem was with the plastic. i replaced only the ‘O’ ring at the base of the thermostat housing. Upon reassembly, there were no leaks for three years. What do you conclude from that?

Another unsubstantiated claim! What’s your evidence for that?

Well there you are; proof that your M47 theory (unsubstantiated) cannot be applied to the KV6.

I don’t know where you get that idea. You certainly post a lot of photos but your analysis is based upon assumptions, wild guesses and unsubstantiated belief.

Simon
How about this for a diagnosis

Quote:
Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder

Preoccupation with details, orderliness and rules
Extreme perfectionism, resulting in dysfunction and distress when perfection is not achieved, such as feeling unable to finish a project because you don't meet your own strict standards
Desire to be in control of people, tasks and situations, and inability to delegate tasks
Neglect of friends and enjoyable activities because of excessive commitment to work or a project
Inability to discard broken or worthless objects
Rigid and stubborn
Inflexible about morality, ethics or values
Tight, miserly control over budgeting and spending money

Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder is not the same as obsessive-compulsive disorder, a type of anxiety disorder.

If you have any signs or symptoms of a personality disorder, see your doctor or other primary care professional or a mental health professional. Untreated, personality disorders can cause significant problems in your life that may get worse without treatment.

I would say that could be applied quite nicely thank you

Brian
Old 26th July 2018, 20:19   #145
SD1too

John; thank you for your intelligent post.

Brian; once again you expose yourself for what you are. Not an engineer or even a mechanic but a bully who, when your arrogance is challenged, descends to personal abuse of the most puerile kind imaginable. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

Simon
Old 26th July 2018, 20:24   #146
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with this constant bickering.
Well done. Another thread closed.

Grow up guys.
Closed Thread