Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd August 2013, 20:42   #61
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
The Story.....

The guy comes in to have 2 of his wheels refurbished in shadow chrome, when he comes to collect them i just asked what model ZT they had come from? He tells me a 260 so i say "nice car" he says "well its up for sale if your interested" so we talk about the car and the price and he says he will pop it round when he gets a chance to fit the wheels. 3 weeks latter and im thinking im not gonna see that again! When i see out the corner of my eye a bright green car come around the corner, i went outside to look at the car and im gob smacked its perfect even people from other companies come over to look! So he says £5800 so i offer a cheeky £5500 but he says a trader has offered £5800 so thats the price. We shook hands job done.
Top job,well done,not jealous,don't care Did i mention spawny
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 20:52   #62
VMax1000
Passed Away

MG ZT260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
As much as I love you Ronnie, that comment has got me a little confused!
Quote:
No matter how rare a car is, be it even something like a Veyron or F40, they still have a value that they are worth, no matter what the owner thinks they are worth, or even asks for it when selling!
If you really think a Veyron or an F40 would depriciate 60% in 3 years, you're living on the wrong planet.
They appeciate the moment the contract is signed.

Quote:
To state that you should simply pay what the seller is asking to secure a purchase is complete madness!

I'll give you an example.

My 190, is one of less than 900 produced in Le Mans Green, has only done 88,000 miles and has an absolutely full service history.

To me, he's priceless, but if I did had to sell him, realistically, what would I draw for him in the current market place (if I took the Cherished number off him)?

£500?
If you're happy with 500 why not?
Still if someone would offer you 1500 you wouldn't object. So if a buyer is willing to pay the price................sell it

Just realised you referred to the car as 'him' not 'it' or 'she'..................you have me worried:

Quote:
V8's are no different, yes they are rarer, as the number are lower but when I see cars with relatively high miles and advertised with known faults as well, I do wonder what planet some of the sellers are on?

Yes it's a rare colour (rare doesn't always equate to valuable) and yes not many Tourers were made, but sorry, I simply can't see anywhere near £7,000 in it!
Lala land and all that...................some people will never understand (read your first comment about the Veyron and F40)

There is a list price and a buyers price and they're not always the same

Last edited by VMax1000; 2nd August 2013 at 21:07..
VMax1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 05:39   #63
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

How about we get back on to enjoying that lovely car and not resurrect the V8 values thread!

I think most opinions have been explored....
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 05:51   #64
Toad
Regular poster

None at the moment

That is positively amazing and with incredibly low mileage. I thought I'd done well only recently having picked a ZT tourer up on a 51 plate with full service history and a genuine 49K on it, but that's not a patch on your little find!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 07:59   #65
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
If you really think a Veyron or an F40 would depriciate 60% in 3 years, you're living on the wrong planet.
They appreciate the moment the contract is signed.

I never said they did, was just pointing out that as both are relatively rare cars there is still a Market value for them!

As far as the Veyron is concerned, it's not been quite the "investment" that a lot of the speculators were expecting, as it's quite easy to purchase a used one for it's original selling price new!

Just realised you referred to the car as 'him' not 'it' or 'she'..................you have me worried:

As my car is called "Ed" (as in Ed the Zed) why wouldn't I refer to it as a "him"?

Not all cars have girls names!

Lala land and all that...................some people will never understand (read your first comment about the Veyron and F40)

The point I was trying to make, was that whilst there maybe one one Biomorphic V8 Tourer, the colour doesn't always make it sort after, as no one (outside the factory) actually ever ordered one!

Now I (and no doubt a few others on here) like the colour, but I'm sure that there would be at least the same amount of people (if not more) who wouldn't have a bright green car as a gift!

There is a list price and a buyers price and they're not always the same
Probably one of the few things we actually agree on!

But to be fair (with the odd exception) selling prices are normally quite close to "Guide" prices, whilst obviously with allowances for any remedial work that needs carrying out to get the vehicle into a "Retail" condition!

Any how, to get the thread back on track, the OP that has bought the 10,000 mile saloon, has bought a beautiful car, for a very good price and good luck to him!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:23   #66
colintf
Posted a thing or two

ZT260SE TF160 ZT135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190SETOURING View Post
The Story.....

The guy comes in to have 2 of his wheels refurbished in shadow chrome, when he comes to collect them i just asked what model ZT they had come from? He tells me a 260 so i say "nice car" he says "well its up for sale if your interested" so we talk about the car and the price and he says he will pop it round when he gets a chance to fit the wheels. 3 weeks latter and im thinking im not gonna see that again! When i see out the corner of my eye a bright green car come around the corner, i went outside to look at the car and im gob smacked its perfect even people from other companies come over to look! So he says £5800 so i offer a cheeky £5500 but he says a trader has offered £5800 so thats the price. We shook hands job done.
well done that man
MGCC Z Register Rep for V8 ZT / ZTT's
http://www.two-sixties.com/main.htmhttp://www.mgfregister.org/
colintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:29   #67
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Enjoy.
Keep it out of the rain and those salty winters and those subframes will last for ever

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:26   #68
BlueMustang
Regular poster

MGZTT190 biomorphic green,MGZTT190 trophy blue 2001,Rover SD1 VDP 1981,Rover V8-S 1979,Mini 25

Quote:
As much as I love you Ronnie, that comment has got me a little confused!

No matter how rare a car is, be it even something like a Veyron or F40, they still have a value that they are worth, no matter what the owner thinks they are worth, or even asks for it when selling!

To state that you should simply pay what the seller is asking to secure a purchase is complete madness!

I'll give you an example.

My 190, is one of less than 900 produced in Le Mans Green, has only done 88,000 miles and has an absolutely full service history.

To me, he's priceless, but if I did had to sell him, realistically, what would I draw for him in the current market place (if I took the Cherished number off him)?

£500?

V8's are no different, yes they are rarer, as the number are lower but when I see cars with relatively high miles and advertised with known faults as well, I do wonder what planet some of the sellers are on?

Yes it's a rare colour (rare doesn't always equate to valuable) and yes not many Tourers were made, but sorry, I simply can't see anywhere near £7,000 in it!
I agree that rarity doesn't equal high value on it's own but if it's very rare and quite a few people want it and have the finances to pay over average value then prices can be significantly higher than for a less rare or sort after variant.

Not everybody buys with their head alone some let their heart rule and may not be on as tight budgets as the majority.
BlueMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:29   #69
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMustang View Post
I agree that rarity doesn't equal high value on it's own but if it's very rare and quite a few people want it and have the finances to pay over average value then prices can be significantly higher than for a less rare or sort after variant.

Not everybody buys with their head alone some let their heart rule and may not be on as tight budgets as the majority.
Agree completely!

However just to use an example; Allegro 1100 base models are rare, does that equate to them being valuable?

Of course not!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:52   #70
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Enjoy.
Keep it out of the rain and those salty winters and those subframes will last for ever
Will do, i have an MGF Trophy 160 and the ZT260 in the same garage and they aint coming out in the winter.
190SETOURING is offline   Reply With Quote