Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd April 2016, 22:05   #31
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mininuts View Post
I've used a few courier services in the past, including Hermes and DPD, and I can honestly say that the ONLY company who I've never had ANY issues with is Royal Mail/Parcel Force. I know they're always more expensive but, I guess it's a case of 'you get what you pay for'
The issues I have had always come back to the distribution warehouse numptys, not the actual courier drivers.
I've never had anything but problems with Parcel Force to be honest, stuff gets there.....eventually - but it can take a week and they're not bothered if you phone up to complain because 'it arrived and there was an issue at depot x with a driver and then...... etc etc etc' which considering how expensive they are isn't good enough really but
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:47   #32
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Hermes delivered (or so they said) a rover 75 union ally wheel. I wasn't in and so they left it in my porch, which was all fine and good, except I didn't have a porch lol

So suffice to say that the wheel wasn't there when I got back home but I did get a card through my door saying "left in secure porch". Rang the seller and he gave a full refund and dealt with the cowboys himself.
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 08:12   #33
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR190 View Post
Hermes delivered (or so they said) a rover 75 union ally wheel. I wasn't in and so they left it in my porch, which was all fine and good, except I didn't have a porch lol

So suffice to say that the wheel wasn't there when I got back home but I did get a card through my door saying "left in secure porch". Rang the seller and he gave a full refund and dealt with the cowboys himself.
That's what I will end up having to do too. refund the buyer and try to recover the money from Hermes. Easier said than done I suppose.

Last edited by aguy; 3rd April 2016 at 08:16..
aguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 22:39   #34
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Hi,
If some one with some IT technical nouse can contact me regarding this thread I would like to forward the whole debate on to the lady who can (Carole)!

Regards

Neil (maybe a soon ex employee)hope not!
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 01:49   #35
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE + 1947 Morris 8

A drop down door for our cooker was on a 24 hour delivery from the manufacturers via UPS. After three days I phoned to ask where the parcel was, to be told that it had been delivered. I made it quite clear that it had not been delivered to my address. The lady said that she would look into it and get back to me.

To be fair she did, and said that the package had been put in the garden shed on top of a fridge as I was out at the time. A note had been put through the door. I then had to explain that there was no way that anyone could access the garden shed, as the side door to the garden was locked, and there was no fridge in the shed.

After looking into it further, it transpired that the driver had delivered it to "correct name" Road, instead of "correct name" Crescent. Then she said that I should go to that address and look in the shed to retrieve my parcel. That was a definite no, as the lady who owned the house was in hospital and it was more than likely that a concerned neighbour would phone the police to report a stranger rummaging about in the shed!

The next day the driver turned up with the parcel and a profuse apology. Fair do's it was an innocent mistake.

Then there was the software 24 hour delivery that took six days to arrive. After numerous phone calls the van did turn up at the door. The driver showed me the package which had the correct DD10 post code on it, then he showed me the driver's delivery sheet which showed the post code as BD10. Yes, they had been all over Bradford trying to deliver it.

Oh well, there was no harm done in the end.

Fifer
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 05:27   #36
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

If its any consellation guys, I was polishing black beauty the other day and left my front door wide open (hot sunny day), hermes girl turned up with a parcel and asked if she could leave it in the hallway, "perfect" I said. At this point I heard a loud scream followed by a few rude words, I'd forgotten my full size cyberman was stood in the hallway and let's just say she didn't initially realise it was a mannequin dressed up! I was wetting myself!!!!!
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote