Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Scotland
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th December 2012, 00:08   #41
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

I'm Mofo, taken from my Sunday name Bombdroppingmofo.

Google it. The internet knows all about me. You can all become my virtual stalkers.

tldr; Gaming nick shortened.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 00:34   #42
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Mine came from when I first started getting into guitars. I joined a forum with the username stevestrat, my first name is Steve and I'm into Fender Stratocasters or Strats and it kinda stuck, my guitar work "business" is even Steve's Strats.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 01:40   #43
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

Mine comes from .org... but it's origins are loosely related to the name on my birth certificate

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 02:45   #44
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Mine is from the first forum I ever joined which was the ford galaxy owners club.

My Galaxy was a diesel with the Vag group TDi engine, and it was 90bhp

TDi90
Old 15th December 2012, 23:27   #45
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

bassman......One day on a fishing excursion.....3 of us discovered we could catch bass, fishing off a beach next to Torness (Nuclear) Power Station....

We then discovered(even before the Dunbar boys did), that fishing in the warm water outlet of the Power Station(gushing out at a rate of something silly like 2 million gallons a minute) we could catch even more bass....We found various outlets in the Newcastle region who were willing to pay £3 a lb for our fish.....sometimes upto £400 a time, 3 or 4 times a week...but some of them required receipts for their money, so I signed them bob the bassman...It was such a good time I carried the name onto a lot of forums....

The guy I fished with was brilliant(caught a lot more than me) invented his own mold for putting a designated/varied weight on the lure that made it dive in the water(wriggling its tail).....we called it a leadhead(and caught £1000's worth with it)..........which is also my name on other forums.....

Wow.....brings back happy memories......Sadly the fish arent as prolific now, and the Dunbar boys got a bit jealous and started burning cars.....

Last edited by bassman; 16th December 2012 at 20:52.. Reason: spelling...Changed reference to Dundee to Dunbar
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 00:47   #46
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Question What the Dundee Boy reference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
bassman......One day on a fishing excursion.....3 of us discovered we could catch bass, fishing off a beach next to Torness (Nuclear) Power Station....

We then discovered(even before the Dundee boys did), that fishing in the warm water outlet of the Power Station(gushing out at a rate of something silly like 2 million gallons a minute) we could catch even more bass....We found various outlets in the Newcastle region who were willing to pay £3 a lb for our fish.....sometimes upto £400 a time, 3 or 4 times a week...but some of them required receipts for their money, so I signed them bob the bassman...It was such a good time I carried the name onto a lot of forums....

The guy I fished with was brilliant(caught a lot more than me) invented his own mold for putting a designated/varied weight on the lure that made it dive in the water(wriggling its tail).....we called it a leadhead(and caught £1000's worth with it)..........which is also my name on other forums.....

Wow.....brings back happy memories......Sadly the fish arent as prolific now, and the Dundee boys got a bit jealous and started burning cars.....
What is the Dundee Boys bit about?

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 20:50   #47
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
What is the Dundee Boys bit about?

Chris
I was just about to PM you the story when I realised it should be Dunbar, not Dundee

Sorry to all those in and around Dundee.

I will change it in my post...
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 21:33   #48
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

My initials of first and surnames RP and initials of my job.WC

Last edited by RPWC; 16th December 2012 at 21:40..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 11:24   #49
Meths
Avid contributor

TVR Chimaera 4.0, MGf

Meths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 23:37   #50
Gurgle260
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260

Ah! the 2003 Vintage ....my favourite

Robert