Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd December 2012, 09:30   #21
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Interesting reading, I have wanted a tablet for a while but other things get in the way. On Christmas morning both my kids are getting ipads and my wife is getting a Kindle fire HD in replacement for her older Kindle - 3 in the house and I still don't have one

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:24   #22
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Interesting reading, I have wanted a tablet for a while but other things get in the way. On Christmas morning both my kids are getting ipads and my wife is getting a Kindle fire HD in replacement for her older Kindle - 3 in the house and I still don't have one
Hang on, you've a spare (older) kindle going there.........:Santa5:

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:22   #23
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
I just bought: 'Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 inch Tablet - Silver (16GB, WiFi, Andriod 4.0)'

Seems to be the best option and matches the phone as well, so apparently if no wifi available I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot....:xmas-smiley-004:

A new year's present to myself :xmas-smiley-031:
Don't know whether you know or not but Samsung are doing a cash back offer at the moment.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

Possible £50 back in your pocket.

Andy
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:34   #24
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajd1 View Post
Don't know whether you know or not but Samsung are doing a cash back offer at the moment.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/tab2cashback/

Possible £50 back in your pocket.

Andy
Apparently too early to claim.......:xmas-smiley-004:

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 23rd December 2012, 13:34   #25
Ajd1
Gets stuck in

75 Connie SE CDT Saloon

Sorry didn't realize, just noticed the offer in passing as I'm looking for a tablet for my mum.
Old 24th December 2012, 17:35   #26
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Hang on, you've a spare (older) kindle going there.........:Santa5:
By older Kindle i assume he mean the E-Ink reader, thats not in any shape or form a tablet.
Old 25th December 2012, 18:43   #27
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Guess who also got an iPad for Christmas?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 20:17   #28
capese21
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 Sports Auto.

Quote:
Guess who also got an iPad for Christmas?
Ah well it is the thought that counts....
capese21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 00:27   #29
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

I think you need to make sure whatever you go for that it has at least 1gb of memory......thats memory in the way of ram(the stuff that makes the machine think faster).......more and more advertisers are using the word memory when they mean storage, which is the amount in gigabytes) of available data/programs that can be stored on the machine.

Ive looked at cheapish ones and they'll be very slow with either 256 or 512 mb of memory, However the 7" Cambridge Scientists machine at around £80 seemed quite a good one with 1gb...but possibly no blue tooth...

After seeing this on HDUK, I managed to pick up an Archos 80 Cobalt with 1gb of memory and 8gb of built in internal storage...upgradable a further 64gb with a micro sd card...it seems fast enough, but again has no bluetooth built in(but I cant see why you just cant use a blue tooth dongle)...It seems quite fast on my 34mbps wireless setup, and I am really pleased with it...

They retail at £99, but today Tesco had them on for £49..........and maybe getting more in... and the write ups seem fairly good too.

To get some idea of individual specs and customer reviews, I got plenty of info from Google....
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 00:30   #30
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
I think you need to make sure whatever you go for that it has at least 1gb of memory......thats memory in the way of ram(the stuff that makes the machine think faster).......more and more advertisers are using the word memory when they mean storage, which is the amount in gigabytes) of available data/programs that can be stored on the machine.

Ive looked at cheapish ones and they'll be very slow with either 256 or 512 mb of memory, However the 7" Cambridge Scientists machine at around £80 seemed quite a good one with 1gb...but possibly no blue tooth...

After seeing this on HDUK, I managed to pick up an Archos 80 Cobalt with 1gb of memory and 8gb of built in internal storage...upgradable a further 64gb with a micro sd card...it seems fast enough, but again has no bluetooth built in(but I cant see why you just cant use a blue tooth dongle)...It seems quite fast on my 34mbps wireless setup, and I am really pleased with it...

They retail at £99, but today Tesco had them on for £49..........and maybe getting more in... and the write ups seem fairly good too.

To get some idea of individual specs and customer reviews, I got plenty of info from Google....
See post #18

But thank you for your input

Andrew
Ich Dien