Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th March 2018, 19:24   #11
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Yes its Chagall IAT only 25 75's made in this colour.

I've never seen one myself.

Stubs
Thought so saw a link to it on the Monogram owners group If you don't mind me saying Stu, I don't think it suits Unions with that colour somehow Just me, but perhaps Serpents or Meteors Either way, lucky man, nice colour
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 19:45   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well done. I think I saw that one or similar one advertised. I had a look at it and thought what an unusual colour. Blue is my fav colour. Welcome back to the club. Keep us up to date with what you get up to with the work on it.
Old 28th March 2018, 19:49   #13
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Thought so saw a link to it on the Monogram owners group If you don't mind me saying Stu, I don't think it suits Unions with that colour somehow Just me, but perhaps Serpents or Meteors Either way, lucky man, nice colour
Yes perhaps once iIve got some bits and pieces sorted I'll look for a set of Meteors

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2018, 19:53   #14
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Welcome back to Rover land, looks a beauty

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2018, 13:10   #15
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Well the last month since buying the 75 has been busy and depressing in equal measures

Been having fun NOT in changing the door actuators with two rear bought off ebay not working after I fitted them. Seeing if replacement are any good before requesting a refund. That 2-3 hours of my time i'll never get back.

Bought two new tyres for the front only to find both of the union alloys slightly buckled.

Changed the PCV filter which I though would not have been in great shape after almost 90k but it wasn't bad. It may have been changed during a service but no indication of that. Whilst I was there I found that the air intake screws are fubarred and just turn so can't take of the air intake. Still managed to change the air filter.

Got a quote of around £500 from a smart repair chaps who is really professional and have seen some of his work on tidying up the front and rear bumpers to remove the scrapes and giving the car a general buff up to remove the ingrained scratches. That's £250 for the front bumper paint and scratch removal buff and another £250 for for the rear bumper and some paint damage across the rear passenger door.

Driving the car recently in the heat has not been pleasant due to no fan working and today in the heat the fan belt has started to squeal like the proverbial stuck pig. Although the failed open stat means at least the engine won't overheat in this hot weather as its only getting up to about 70....that's another job to add to the list.

Put my name down for the nano meet next Saturday 12th to see if I can fix my fan and get the air con working as well as possibly sorting the rear doors for good and getting an inline stat fitted, with some assistance and guidance from owners more adapt and skillfull than myself.

Longer term jobs are to get the brake discs and pads on the front changed and then the rears.
Autobox fluid flush - although the auto box is shifting nicely.
Get it up on a ramp to see what the MOT tester stated as slight corrosion is all about and see if I can stop it from getting worse.

Stubs
Old 25th May 2018, 18:57   #16
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Didn,t make the last nano due to my wife car being in the garage and having to chauffeur her around to the weekend chores etc.

Anyway I managed to replace the fan myself with a 2 speed one, it still has the silver resistor but is working well so didn;t bother to change. During the fan replacement I found that only had about a foot of the under cover so I have removed and bought a replacement from Poland for about 30 odd quid. Will fi when I give it an oil and filter change.

Bought a replacement Aux belt to fit as well.

And guess what I bought another CDT, same year 2004 but this time a Royal Blue facelift with only 51K miles. Needs a clutch and a few panels but lets see what happens over the coming weeks, Probs have to get rid of one.
Old 25th May 2018, 19:09   #17
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Yes its Chagall IAT only 25 75's made in this colour.

I've never seen one myself.

Stubs
Lovely colour !!
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2018, 21:00   #18
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Well as mentioned in another post I picked up a 52K facelift CDTi Conn SE which needed a new clutch so the Chagall 75 had to go to - it was sold on ebay last weekend.

Stubs