Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th September 2018, 13:39   #1
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Default Diesel car inquiry petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/228534
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 14:55   #2
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

You don't feel like saying anything else about it?

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 15:05   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
You need to read the Petition...

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 15:38   #4
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Signed by me.

I well believe councils, who aren't being given enough revenue are going to start looking at new money streams namely the diesel car driver, not the great big lorries or trains. If you've got a diesel, higher parking fee's, higher parking permits and charging for driving into centre of town. It will cost them too much to discriminate on whether its a Euro3 or Euro6 so we will all be tarred with the same brush.

I've just been in Boston USA and most folks are driving Ford 150s pickups, Dodge Rams or huge V6 and V8 SUV's. The city and the suburbs felt cleaner with what seemed to me fresh clean air and I think it because the number of tree's and green areas.

Stubs

Last edited by STUBIE; 25th September 2018 at 16:13..
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2018, 15:54   #5
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
I feel that it's self explanatory to be honest.

Those in power and their scientific advisers drove (excuse the pun) half the drivers in the country towards purchasing and running diesel vehicles.

And some years later apparently all diesel drivers are murderers who must be driven from the roads and banned from increasing areas of the country.

It's hardly surprising that the public put very little store in anything that 'the experts' tell them anymore.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:04   #6
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
I feel that it's self explanatory to be honest.

Those in power and their scientific advisers drove (excuse the pun) half the drivers in the country towards purchasing and running diesel vehicles.

And some years later apparently all diesel drivers are murderers who must be driven from the roads and banned from increasing areas of the country.

It's hardly surprising that the public put very little store in anything that 'the experts' tell them anymore.

Ah right that again. Eggs are bad for you/Eggs are good for you type of thing eh? You still don't say what the petition is petitioning for though. Get rid of diesels / stop lying politicians / tell scientists it's their fault/ protest against ULEZ ? Ok, I give in - I'll go for it and click - Ah, it's a lets waste tax-payers money on something that's been and done type of petition - What does that hope to achieve in reality?

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:

Last edited by Avulon; 26th September 2018 at 08:36.. Reason: Rick Rolling is no longer funny or appropriate...
Old 25th September 2018, 21:26   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
You need to read the Petition...
Quote:
I feel that it's self explanatory to be honest....

I'm here to read this site - not follow links without anything more than a title. If you were truly passionate about it (or even mildly supportive) why not write a paragraph or at least a sentence saying what it's about and why you think it's a good idea to sign it? Without any comment it's just some link to some sort of petition about diesel.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 25th September 2018, 21:31   #8
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
stop lying politicians
That's called the Guy Fawkes petition
Old 26th September 2018, 06:57   #9
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
I'm here to read this site - not follow links without anything more than a title. If you were truly passionate about it (or even mildly supportive) why not write a paragraph or at least a sentence saying what it's about and why you think it's a good idea to sign it? Without any comment it's just some link to some sort of petition about diesel.
I'm not sure whats rattled your cage, it's not compulsory to sign anything that you don't wish to. Petitions in themselves are useless but in this case one getting enough signatures ensures a discussion in parliament on the accountability ( or lack of it in this case ) of those responsible for claiming that diesel vehicles were far healthier for the enviroment and giving incentives for drivers to change over from petrol.

If you're too dull to read the petition statement on the link and comprehend that then I'm afraid that theres not a great deal that I can do about that.

If you have any problems reading and understanding other simple explanations or instructions on any matter please feel free to let me know and I'll be only too happy to help explain things for you.
Old 26th September 2018, 08:35   #10
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
blah.... blah... blah...

getting enough signatures ensures a discussion in parliament on the accountability ( or lack of it in this case ) of those responsible for claiming that diesel vehicles were far healthier for the enviroment and giving incentives for drivers to change over from petrol.

blah.. vague attempt at insult... (counter to forum rules) blah..

If you'd actually written something in the first palce to read I would have read it! You see - you have now (my emphasis - yes I've edited your post and freely admit it). Now instead of just posting a random link you've actually started an open discussion.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do: