Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th March 2020, 21:14   #11
rob dean
Regular poster

xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post

With regards to “German quality” I’m really impressed with the 318.
Nah, sorry but you've been brainwashed. As have I, because I find my Golf also beautifully built and marvellously reliable.
I loved my 75, but I could never have called that particularly well built or especially reliable. On that front, I clearly wasn't brainwashed enough...
Old 11th March 2020, 13:49   #12
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

I would love a "other MG Rover cars" menu in the technical part. I have a mini, 2 x TFs, MG ZR as well as my 75 and am having trouble with a ZR and a TF. The "other" .org site has become useless, nobody posts there anymore, I blame Steve Childs, he shouldn't have sold it.

Pete.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 14:42   #13
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Yes, my blame was tongue in cheek. I used to spend hours every night on that forum.

Pete.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 16:53   #14
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

All good arguments but I don't wish to start a political or ideological war on here.

My thinking behind it was that I have massive respect for the level of knowledge of the individuals on here and the enthusiasm for the MG Rover brand, it would be great to tap into that for my Rover 25 which needs just as much love and attention as my 75.

However, I can see the appeal of wanting to keep the forums dedicated to the 75 and ZT as that's the identity of the club.
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 20:53   #15
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
I will never blame Steve.
He got his knickers in a bit of a twist and surrounded himself with a couple of adoring accolades ... not all of them were of the same ilk. There were some great posters in the effer's section and indeed the 25/other K Series sections. They provided a lot of the content to that site a lot of which was tech help and knowledge based on sheer graft and experience. They did not take kindly to being taken for granted and having their subs and contributions being sold out to the highest bidder so to speak. Hence the exodus.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 23:08   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
Who needs another new section on the forum with debate as lively as this?

Just an observation. Since posting my question on a BMW forum 11 days ago only 83 viewings have been recorded.
Not only have just 2 members replied, neither offered a solution. More importantly the solution to the problem is in my final posting ready for anyone to see and yet it has become a dead topic. It’s a cracker of a solution and can help many owners. Light traffic and apathy means it goes unnoticed.

With regards to “German quality” I’m really impressed with the 318. It’s the modern day Triumph Dolomite. To think BL had its very own 3 series and they allowed it to be killed off. Another debate beckons.

probably a couple of years ago I joined a BMW forum for help with a friends X3, I got no replies but I got the answer here and got it quickly.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2020, 23:17   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I too am one of those that would like to keep the forum as Rover 75 and ZT but I see no reason for members not to ask questions about other models or even makes as long as it is the occasional question.
The focus of the forum will remain Rover 75. If someone knows the answer no matter what the make the question refers to, I'd like to think they will answer but I don't want to see the forum become the forum for all makes and models and I'd not want to see people joining just to ask a question about another make or model.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2020, 07:26   #18
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Take a dip into the forum for the Reliant Scimitar. Search RSSOC.
I’ve used it since 2003 and that has kept its focus on the marque only but is full of members with far greater knowledge than the cars they focus on. I suspect this forum will evolve into what RSSOC has now. Worth a look.
Old 14th March 2020, 06:10   #19
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Apologies for not having posted earlier.
The decision on matters like this is not one for moderators such as I but for the club directors - Pete, Christopher and Reebs.
As it stands members can post about any vehicle they like in the social forum.
Is there merit in having an all cars section in there personally I can't see the harm but as I say, not my decision.
What I am clear on though is that there is no place for bullying on these boards - if in doubt please look at FAQ 1.
If having an 'other car section' is going to lead to just a constant barage of ' MGRover are the best and other marques suck and their owners know nothing posts' then it certainly won't happen. Sadly on this thread that seems to have happened already

Last edited by Simondi; 14th March 2020 at 07:51..
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2020, 07:05   #20
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Thanks Simon, at the end of the day our USP is that we are the one stop shop for all things 75 and ZT related, that’s the name of the club after all and we have always strived to be the go to place for answers and advice through the valued input of our fantastic membership.

Over the years people have posted up questions about other models in the MGR range and of other marques too on an adhoc basis and they have usually attracted the answers being looked for, but what we don’t wish to happen is for the club to become defocused with the introduction of new sections dedicated to other vehicles. So for the present we won’t be introducing any such sub forum sections.

I know that won’t please everyone, but then that’s an impossible task as I’ve learned over the last thirteen years.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote